Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 03:04 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,337,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My point was, if you want to know the real Jesus, read what He said.
I prefer to LISTEN to what He says....so much more personal, don't you think?

Where in the bible does Jesus say--READ MY WORDS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 03:14 AM

20,475 posts, read 12,872,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I prefer to LISTEN to what He says....so much more personal, don't you think?

Where in the bible does Jesus say--READ MY WORDS?
Is that different than what He said?

Old 05-09-2017, 03:16 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,420,335 times
Most of what I read on the Christianity forum:
  • Fear and obey, fear and obey, fear and obey.
  • The self righteous shall inherit the earth.
It's no wonder Christianity and religion in the US has been slowly declining for decades...

The correlation between religion and being a decent human being continues to weaken. Some of the best people I know are spiritual but not religious. Some of the biggest hypocrites I know would describe themselves as very religious.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:24 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
My point was, if you want to know the real Jesus, read what He said.
Sounds right but so wrong.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:58 AM

3,057 posts, read 2,949,690 times
Quote:
Please provide chapter and verse where Jesus said ONLY the bible was the authorized book?

OK, make it easier, where did Jesus say to read the bible?

Only the Bible is the revealed word of God. To go by anything else is to go by something from the world which has been corrupted. It will never give us a clear picture of the one holy God, though what it portrays are shadows of him (like the works of creation and certain human characteristics). As the Holy Spirit explains to us through John's gospel, the word was God. Jesus is the word made flesh. Time and time again throughout his recorded life, Jesus quotes scripture and asks people who ask him things, "Have not your read...?" He clearly expects his followers to have a good grasp of the words which God has revealed to us.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Is that different than what He said?
The written word is 2000 years old..obviously there is a difference, since I HEAR Jesus say LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE and you read HATE. DISCRIMINATION. and PUNISHMENT...

Old 05-09-2017, 05:46 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,942,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://churchpop.com/2016/04/09/do-...ip-real-jesus/

So many worship their idea of Jesus, not the real Jesus.

All who know what the bible really teaches knows its impossible for Jesus to be God and get worship.
In the ot 100% clear--God is king of eternity--Jesus had to be appointed-king( Dan 7:13-15)--so Fact--If Jesus were God, he was already king, but he wasn't he had to appointed king--then he must hand it back to his God and Father and subject himself)1Cor 15:24-28)

One must ask--Does God have a God?= NO
Can the king of eternity have to be appointed as king?=NO.
Why must Jesus hand the kingdom back to his God and Father?
Are trinity translations filled with errors to fit false Catholicism council teachings= YES.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
The written word is 2000 years old..obviously there is a difference, since I HEAR Jesus say LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE
Isn't that what the scriptures say (bolded above)? That sums up John 3:16 perfectly.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish (justice), but have eternal life (mercy)." -Jesus

You haven't shown me anything that opposes scripture.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Isn't that what the scriptures say (bolded above)? That sums up John 3:16 perfectly.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish (justice), but have eternal life (mercy)." -Jesus

You haven't shown me anything that opposes scripture.
It may say it, but few fundamentalists follow it..

Old 05-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
It may say it, but few fundamentalists follow it..
You're changing the subject. What is Jesus telling you in 2017 that is different than what He is recorded as saying in scripture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity