Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 03:03 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,054,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your flesh has convinced you that you are in touch with God by the feelings you experience in your flesh. Yet you reject the primary essence of God - agape love - for some egotistical demand for obedience for obedience sake even if it opposes love. I am genuinely worried about exactly what spirit is in control of your soul, Rbbi. Be careful. Be very careful in your zeal responding to these fleshly indicators. When you reject love for whatever you think obedience requires, you harm your soul, IMO.

You are clueless about me Mystic, although if your concern is genuine, I appreciate it. I don't reject love, but neither do I see it as an escape hatch out of responsibility and accountability to Him, the essence of obedience. And as I said in a thread on the other forum....

"Removing obedience from the commands is not possible, because it is the SPIRIT we were given that makes it possible to be obedient and fulfill the commands in the first place. By virtue of what they are, they demand obedience; that's what a command entails, what a covenant consists of. A command is like a brief aspect of a much larger contractual agreement, between a greater and a lesser, and therefore it presupposes obedience from the lesser in favor of the greater's command. Peace"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 06:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
I'm a bit late in this conversation, sorry.
'Obedience, commands, love, accountability...'
But weren't we left with just the 2 'commands'?

My dog disobeys me sometimes...replace that with 'your spouse, your child, your student'...
Do I care? No, because I love her and she loves me...she makes mistakes....as our children do.
Which is more important to me...the love.

I know God only wants our love for Him...oh, I wish I could tell you how I know. ...but
not to this group! ha!
Do we mess up, sure. But, keeping that love going is the best thing.

Remember the house was filled with guests and Martha was scurrying to serve them all?
What did Jesus say was more important? Luke 10:41 Mary chose 'the best thing'.
And what was she doing...she sat at his feet and heard his word...not going around serving others as Martha was.
Luke 10 and 11 are very telling...Do we follow the law...what is written? the lawyer asks... And this is where Jesus tells us what is important. We are given our 2 priorities.
(Later in Ch 11 tells us how to pray.)

When the first priority is to personally love the Father Creator...all concern for obedience,
responsibility, accountability, forgiveness, charity fall naturally into place...
Why? because we are drunk on the Love being given and received.

So, of course, unconditional, Divine, or agape love is the primary 'thing'.
That is not to be misinterpreted that you would not follow other things Jesus said...
give him your burdens, do not worry, have no fear, ask...believe, etc.

Anyone that could read Luke 7:36-50 would glean what is the most imp to Jesus...who is
said to be doing only what the Father wills.
(Mary kisses his feet, wipes her tears on his feet
with her hair and pours perfume on his head...)
You tell me what God values more.... ❤️ ....or what comes first.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:08 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You are clueless about me Mystic, although if your concern is genuine, I appreciate it. I don't reject love, but neither do I see it as an escape hatch out of responsibility and accountability to Him, the essence of obedience. And as I said in a thread on the other forum....

"Removing obedience from the commands is not possible, because it is the SPIRIT we were given that makes it possible to be obedient and fulfill the commands in the first place. By virtue of what they are, they demand obedience; that's what a command entails, what a covenant consists of. A command is like a brief aspect of a much larger contractual agreement, between a greater and a lesser, and therefore it presupposes obedience from the lesser in favor of the greater's command. Peace"
What is it that you are obedient to, and can you give an example from your daily life that others clearly seeing whether christian or not, can be benefited by it.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-28-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 05-28-2017, 08:21 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is it that you are obedience to, and can you give an example from your daily life that others clearly seeing whether christian or not, can be benefited by it.
This is the point I have been trying to make: it really is not possible to make a systematic theology about forms of worship which takes the whole Bible as "THE WORD OF GOD" when parts of it are really NOT practiced physically but others are considered a requirement.

"Worship" is and should be an expression of devotion which remains between the individual and God, but the "practice of His presence" in our lives is where the rubber meets the road.

I'm afraid the focus here has become whether one should dictate his perceptions of forms of worship as "required by God."

Old 05-28-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'm afraid the focus here has become whether one should dictate his perceptions of forms of worship as "required by God."
I think so.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:23 AM

I also find when those that boast obedience , when challenged what they are obedient to and how does it show in their lives, they either give a vague answer, run you around the mullberry bush or go missing. Surely after 32 years Rbbi could come up with something concrete as a testimony other than I have been taught of God to understand the Bible... Big Deal

Old 05-28-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
What is it that you are obedient to, and can you give an example from your daily life that others clearly seeing whether christian or not, can be benefited by it.

Here's the only problem I see with this: every time one of you ask for particulars of my personal walk, and I comply, then it gets turned on me that I'm boasting, ect. So what is my motivation for wanting to do that, again exactly? Peace

Old 05-28-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Here's the only problem I see with this: every time one of you ask for particulars of my personal walk, and I comply, then it gets turned on me that I'm boasting, ect. So what is my motivation for wanting to do that, again exactly? Peace
Are you not mature to not be moved by ridicule if that's the case?, how great is this god you believe in?. I suspect you have no answer other than spouting out bible verses attached to what you believe and think is truth.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Are you not mature to not be moved by ridicule if that's the case?, how great is this god you believe in?. I suspect you have no answer other than spouting out bible verses attached to what you believe and think is truth.

If that were the case would I not have run screaming from this board a long time ago? I just don't see the point when it's never reciprocated and so little comes of it, save more boasting accusations, or I'm lying about it, ect. The same reason I won't share my testimony on here. Peace

Old 05-28-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
If that were the case would I not have run screaming from this board a long time ago? I just don't see the point when it's never reciprocated and so little comes of it, save more boasting accusations, or I'm lying about it, ect. The same reason I won't share my testimony on here. Peace
Not sure about, that, you were amazed that i did not recognize who you were, that is not being spiritual. Never th less can we get back to you answering my question about your obedience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity