Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
WE should lighten up on the Newbie, 1st post and all, we should get to know her.

Far as I know, that might just be my 90 year old grandmamma, just say,'' Hey Jackie!''
Yeah, let's see what happens in the next 100 days..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 06:20 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Thank you, Jacqueline! Good words. Hopefully, those words will be seen by someone who is willing to hear the truth. May God bless you richly!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:47 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,696 times
The son of man and servant of God is the way to the kingdom of heaven.

If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.

No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit.

Anyone who drinks the water I give them shall never become thirsty the water I give them shall be like a well inside them springing up to provide eternal life.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

I am the gate anyone who enters by me will be saved.

Follow me and be free. I am the good shepherd

Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,009 times
Hi Jacqueline, . Blessings, and welcome to the Christianity forum.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:47 AM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineDeane55 View Post
Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.
<Snip>
Blessings,
Jacqueline
It is understandable that you would be desperate, terrified even, at the preposterous fate you actually think awaits any of us. Any God who would create a Hell of eternal torment for ANY reason is an evil being. Our Father is NOT an evil being and God IS love. There is no way God would present any danger to anyone for any reason. Please read 1st Corinthians 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount if you want to know the TRUE NATURE of our God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why does it cause you much anxiety?
How do you know this to be true?
I think most people are only offended when people use bible quotes to brow-beat others with condemnation.
Sincerely, you really should do some reading up on the doctrine of eternal hell. Plenty of information out there. Type "Christian Universalism" or "Universal Restoration" or "Universal Reconciliation" into a search engine. Just for a start, look at a KJV bible and concordance. Find the words (plural) which were translated as "hell". EDUCATE yourself.
No, I don't.
Actually, many people realize that there is no such thing as "Hell", not as a place of never-ending parties, nor as a place of eternal torment or separation from God. (If you believe the bible, even if one goes to Sheol [often mistranslated as "hell"], God is THERE. )
And, I hope for you, and for your peace of mind, that you will come to understand that the doctrine of hell which you are preaching is untrue. It makes God out to be a tyrannical, trifling monster.
She is a newbie, Pleroo. I suspect she is much like you were when you were trapped in the fundamentalist ignorance of Bible idolatry. It will take time for the truth of love to penetrate such strong indoctrination.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:35 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,805 times
Great post Jacqueline, I think it's great that you have such a burden to share the Gospel with others. God has put the same burden on my heart aswell, people do not see the desperate condition they are in, they need to know they are under Gods judgment and headed for hell without Jesus Christ. I do pray God will soften some hearts to listen to your message.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:10 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
. Please read
-1st Corinthians 13,
- Galatians 5, and
- the Sermon on the Mount
if you want to know the TRUE NATURE of our God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus.
Hey, could I include Psalm 139?
Galations 5, eh? Ok, I love Galations period, thanks. Will do right now.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 06-07-2017 at 05:19 AM..

Old 06-07-2017, 06:56 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is understandable that you would be desperate, terrified even, at the preposterous fate you actually think awaits any of us. Any God who would create a Hell of eternal torment for ANY reason is an evil being. Our Father is NOT an evil being and God IS love. There is no way God would present any danger to anyone for any reason. Please read 1st Corinthians 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount if you want to know the TRUE NATURE of our God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus.

Quote:
She is a newbie, Pleroo. I suspect she is much like you were when you were trapped in the fundamentalist ignorance of Bible idolatry. It will take time for the truth of love to penetrate such strong indoctrination.
Which is why I asked her the questions I did, and made the suggestions I made. If she takes the time to educate herself and, more importantly, consider how the beliefs she now holds to actually portray God, perhaps she may escape much more quickly than I did. She appears to be a passionate person, thus someone who would not be content to just ignore the contradictions and inconsistencies in what she's been told she must believe, so I'm very hopeful for her.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:

Which is why I asked her the questions I did, and made the suggestions I made. If she takes the time to educate herself and, more importantly, consider how the beliefs she now holds to actually portray God, perhaps she may escape much more quickly than I did. She appears to be a passionate person, thus someone who would not be content to just ignore the contradictions and inconsistencies in what she's been told she must believe, so I'm very hopeful for her.
Ya, I think she has come to the right place to learn how better to direct that love I believe she shares.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:09 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:

Your portrayal of her as someone who needs to be "educated" is arrogant and condescending, to say the least. I hope you will see the error of your ways and apologize to the poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity