Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:29 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,426,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This is my point, it is not the word of God if it contradicts your belief,
Do you not also believe that God is love?

Quote:
and this is very curious to me because there is a big difference in believing it is the word of God and not believing, I mean to say, why read it, why follow it, and why preach it?
Can you explain to me why I should believe something that contradicts that God is love?

Quote:
If it is scripture not worthy of God, then maybe there isn't a God.
Yes, that's what I was told when I was a Christian: If you can't believe some of the bible, you can't believe any of it, and if you can't believe the bible, you can't believe in god.

Please explain how all-or-nothing thinking makes sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 11:34 AM

20,453 posts, read 12,832,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

Because it all says the same thing, which can be summed up in John 3:16. Jesus confirmed the prophets and He gave His word to the Apostles.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because it all says the same thing, which can be summed up in John 3:16. Jesus confirmed the prophets and He gave His word to the Apostles.
Are you saying that one can pick any random verse in the bible, and it will say the same thing as John 3:16?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM

20,453 posts, read 12,832,027 times
Quote:
Are you saying that one can pick any random verse in the bible, and it will say the same thing as John 3:16?
You're being purposely obtuse. You know what I meant.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're being purposely obtuse. You know what I meant.
No, I really don't. How do you figure that everything in the bible says the same thing?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:51 AM

23,252 posts, read 10,531,252 times
Quote:
No, sorry. Stepped out for a bit. I'm not offended Hanni. I have been drawing your attention to what you've started doing because it seems to me that it IS a red flag when we misrepresent other people. It can be our mind's way of protecting us from listening to what they are actually saying. That's how I see it, anyway.

Not trying to misrepresent, I am still trying to figure out where you guys are coming from when you speak of love, and when you speak of a bible that you admit is wrong.

What I see is not love Pleroo, I mean of course, in general.

There has never been love for the follower of Jesus, and I never expect love if I follow Jesus because what Jesus said is true, if you follow him, the world will hate and despise you, they will come to your own house and take your children to persecute them in front of you and then kill the lot of you because you loved the commandments of God.

I am not persecuted and killed, but anyone who dared follow Christ in the last 2000 years were persecuted and killed. They were not allowed to own land and they were treated as sub humans IF they loved the commandments of God and the 7 feasts of Jesus.

A pretend love from Christianity in these days is not what I would see as a gesture of love for the followers of Jesus who love his worship system.

It has only been recently that we are even allowed on forums because everywhere we went, we were hated and despised because we love the commandments of God.

Now everyone speaks of some Agape love as if this will cure the violence against Israel, or as if it has suddenly healed all the wounds of persecution and death against the Jews for 2000 years, and the gentiles wanted to follow Christ in his 7 feasts.

The love of Christianity is not something we have to wonder about, we have 2000 years of their love and example of what happens to people when they love the commandments of God.

Hitler was in my own father's day, it was just a few years ago, and Hitler could have never accomplished what he did without the love of Christianity. Hitler used the words of Martin Luther to speak against the Jews and how they were treated as the sub human animals that Christians made them out to be.

How could God have known from the beginning if he were not God, they were scattered and had no hope of return, but return they did, they accomplished what had been impossible from the sheer hatred of Christians being used to convince a people that all Jews need to die, and these Jews stuck out like a sore thumb because they kept the commandments of God.

Just a few years ago in my father's day, they actually went to the furnaces as was prophesied and shown as Jerusalem is a furnace itself.

2000 years of persecution, torture and death against all those who loved the commandments of God, 2000 years of writing laws against the people who love the commandments of God calling them sub human and treating them like animals who were not able to even own land because they were seen as dogs because of the commandments of God.

I think if Christians really believed in love, then they would be trying to stop the impending Genocide against all Jews, right now. There are nations calling for Genocide against all Jews, right now, and this isn't some new thing in the world that Christianity suddenly invented, this hatred and persecution was started by Christianity 2000 years ago, and where Constantine made laws against the people who love the commandments to then institute their own worship system apart from God, he led the way for Mohammed to do the same thing.

Both Christianity and Islam began with the feasts of Jesus, and both separated from the feasts of Jesus, and I would tell you that both can return.

I think if Christians really believe in love, then they would admit all the hate and death they began against the people of God who love his commandments.

Instead of continuing in division, that one day they would love enough to UNITE, and this by the words and covenant of Jesus where he comes taking two men to make one servant out of the two.

Until Christians come repenting as the ten lost tribes come repenting to become one with Jews, I am not going to see the love.

It is too hard to just erase and wipe away 2000 years of persecution and death that began when Gentiles left the worship system of Jesus and from then on, holy days were used to mark people for death.

2000 years of practiced hatred is not going to change overnight.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-07-2017 at 12:03 PM..

Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Do you not also believe that God is love?

Can you explain to me why I should believe something that contradicts that God is love?
Jimmie, feel free to respond to these questions as well. ^^^^

Quote:
Yes, that's what I was told when I was a Christian: If you can't believe some of the bible, you can't believe any of it, and if you can't believe the bible, you can't believe in god.

Let me try it this way. Say you're reading a science textbook. You come to realize that the book is slightly outdated, and some of the information is now inaccurate based on new information. Would you then come to the conclusion that absolutely nothing in the book can be true? Would you come to the conclusion that everything that has ever been determined through the scientific method should be discarded as false?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Not trying to misrepresent, I am still trying to figure out where you guys are coming from when you speak of love, and when you speak of a bible that you admit is wrong.

What I see is not love Pleroo, I mean of course, in general.

There has never been love for the follower of Jesus, and I never expect love if I follow Jesus because what Jesus said is true, if you follow him, the world will hate and despise you, they will come to your own house and take your children to persecute them in front of you and then kill the lot of you because you loved the commandments of God.

I am not persecuted and killed, but anyone who dared follow Christ in the last 2000 years were persecuted and killed. They were not allowed to own land and they were treated as sub humans IF they loved the commandments of God and the 7 feasts of Jesus.

A pretend love from Christianity in these days is not what I would see as a gesture of love for the followers of Jesus who love his worship system.
I didn't ask you if you see love for the "follower of Jesus" or in Christianity, Han.

I asked if you believe that God is love? Do you?

I also asked if you can explain why I should believe something (in the bible or anywhere else) that contradicts that God is love.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
You caught that did you, I edited right after I wrote it, yeah, I get this way sometimes, mybad.

It is always necessary, I mean drama.

Drama is good for the soul.

And I would say, ''YES,'' I think you and Mystic might say that people shouldn't read the bible. You don't believe it is the word of God do you?

Is that offensive?

Can I quote scripture where all 3 of us would agree with scripture that it is true, and that we all believe what it says?

There are many ways to witness to people whether it be by flirting or maybe it is sometimes offensive and gets people to look at a thing if they really want to debate the bible.

Sometimes I can be very irritating, but in doing so, it might get somebody to read the scriptures and admit that they have many contradictions, and I am not talking about my opinion or anyone's opinion, I mean that if I am to speak of the bible, and I am to believe the bible is the word of God, I actually believe it is the word of God and what is written, is true.

Can you or Mystic make the same claim?
Not sure what your claim is here, that the Word of God IS contradictory but still the Word of God? No, Mystic and I claim that the Bible is contradictory and therefore on evidence NOT "The Word" that is mentioned in that book AS Christ. Also that claims for the Bible AS the Word are man made doctrines based on a denial of what that Bible ACTUALLY claims: the authority of the Spirit and NOT the letters written by men.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The usual mockers stuck immediately.

Ignore the bible, listen to a mystic and listen to pleroo

This is why I don't bother with this forum anymore.
Not "ignore the Bible," but pay attention to what the Bible ACTUALLY says about authority, which is that our Guide is the Spirit and not words written in ink.

But YOU continue to ignore the Bible on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity