Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 06:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Not really, I take them at face value.
And you, likewise - have a good day.
Yes, take this at face value: some will take warnings as "condemnation" and "judgment".

Old 07-17-2017, 06:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Finally, if you are not perfect then you have no authority from God to condemn anyone for anything whatsoever--even murder--because you are the same as a murderer in the eyes of God. Man's law may make that "sinner" pay, but it's up to God to judge everyone for their "sins." Not you.

Jesus still remains the all time champion of love. No one sings about Him condemning sinners.
No one is condemning anyone. It's the victim mentality in you that has you feeling that way every time someone disagrees with you. You might want to examine yourself and figure out where such feelings stem from.

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?"

Old 07-17-2017, 08:31 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No need, your cryptic nonsense is just not appealing. The shadow of his wing works for me.
Much better.

Like I said, be carefull. Some threads are only a pretense to sift.

Proverbs 28King James Version (KJV)

28 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
2 For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof: but by a man of understanding and knowledge the state thereof shall be prolonged.

3 A poor man that oppresseth the poor is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food.

4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.
6 Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
8 He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
10 Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.
11 The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
12 When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.
13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
15 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.
16 The prince that wanteth understanding is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
17 A man that doeth violence to the blood of any person shall flee to the pit; let no man stay him.
18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
19 He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty enough.
20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
21 To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress.
22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.
23 He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.
24 Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.
25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat.
26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

28 When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase.

And to the OP.
Personally i dont think it will go well for the states that are opening doors for the level of problems they are heaping on themselves due to incompetent and frankly corrupt leaders.
Anyone can research on a government website concerning the criminal elements that are going to be attracted to the small business's.

Sad.
There are far more creative and productive ways to boost an economy.
For one, Ive hardly seen a smidget of the old topographical engineering. Most states are prime arable land just left bare.
Deserts just waiting for some real love.

Last edited by pinacled; 07-17-2017 at 09:16 AM..

Old 07-17-2017, 10:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, take this at face value: some will take warnings as "condemnation" and "judgment".
I already know this, and do you not warn people that they will be condemned on judgment day?

Old 07-17-2017, 12:39 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

That's not what "begs the question" means.

I keep seeing this lately, people using it to mean "raises the question." I corrected a Crain's columnist on this not long ago.

It's a SIN to use bad grammar, dammit!
Huh, ya learn something new every day.

Grammar Girl : Begs the Question: Update :: Quick and Dirty Tips

Old 07-17-2017, 02:19 PM

192 posts, read 293,501 times
IMO I am bound to develop a closer relationship with God and aspire to follow his commands. As Paul would say all things are legal, but are they helpful to that end?

Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocisful View Post
IMO I am bound to develop a closer relationship with God and aspire to follow his commands. As Paul would say all things are legal, but are they helpful to that end?
Good point. Although there are those that would argue otherwise, clearly it is not helpful to that end. Peace

Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,721,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one is condemning anyone. It's the victim mentality in you that has you feeling that way every time someone disagrees with you. You might want to examine yourself and figure out where such feelings stem from.

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?"
You didn't answer my challenge that you provide where I claimed to be a victim when I flat out denied it.

I guess its sort of like the way you interpret scripture---whatever pleases your mindset. And, unfortunately, we know fundamentalists such as you few and far between examine themselves!

Many on this board have escaped fundamentalism. I have yet to hear of one on here or elsewhere who went back to it.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:35 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You didn't answer my challenge that you provide where I claimed to be a victim when I flat out denied it.

I guess its sort of like the way you interpret scripture---whatever pleases your mindset. And, unfortunately, we know fundamentalists such as you few and far between examine themselves!

Many on this board have escaped fundamentalism. I have yet to hear of one on here or elsewhere who went back to it.

Anyone that leaves fundamental principles is on a slippery slope and it's really hard from a deliverance standpoint to reconcile again, because it's like the night has come when no man can work, because such a one just keeps building/adding on error/darkness. Peace

Old 07-18-2017, 11:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Anyone that leaves fundamental principles is on a slippery slope and it's really hard from a deliverance standpoint to reconcile again, because it's like the night has come when no man can work, because such a one just keeps building/adding on error/darkness. Peace
You are describing yourself.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity