Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 11:49 AM

23,182 posts, read 10,478,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I can only choose to practice being "Pollyanna" for my own circumstances and the people who are in my life -- that's more than enough of a workout -- not for other people's situations. You have the right to be angry and full of wrath, and I wouldn't tell you differently. If it serves you well to hold onto that in this situation, only you can know. You'll forgive, if and when the time is right for you to do so.

I hope you and your family have better experiences with people today, and in the days to come. ((hugs))
O, I forgive the dude, that's beside the point. People break the law and they need to pay a penalty, forgiveness is neither here nor there in this matter, I really liked the dude, I just can't allow him to live in the same town anymore. I got no problem putting him in jail, and I have the means to do it, I mean that I am willing and I have the means to make it happen even though it wont have anything to do with what he did to my parents. I don't hold onto anger, I just learned that he came back into town, and now he is back in my sights lol.

But that's my point, weed doesn't make bad people, bad people make bad people, I have been in desperate situations but it wouldn't even occur to me, to do something like this guy did, or what I see other people do.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O, I forgive the dude, that's beside the point. People break the law and they need to pay a penalty, forgiveness is neither here nor there in this matter, I really liked the dude, I just can't allow him to live in the same town anymore. I got no problem putting him in jail, and I have the means to do it, I mean that I am willing and I have the means to make it happen even though it wont have anything to do with what he did to my parents. I don't hold onto anger, I just learned that he came back into town, and now he is back in my sights lol.

But that's my point, weed doesn't make bad people, bad people make bad people, I have been in desperate situations but it wouldn't even occur to me, to do something like this guy did, or what I see other people do.

Some people require lots of stripes before they get the message. Sounds like this guy is one of them. Peace

Old 07-22-2017, 12:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I understand your point. I wasn't arguing differently. I don't know enough about weed, nowadays, or what it does to make a call, one way or another. I don't think it's a great thing to do when one is in their early 20s or prior to that, before a person's brain has fully matured, just because it seems (instinctively, I don't actually know this) like it has the potential to stunt someone's growth. But, that's about all I can say.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:45 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Some people require lots of stripes before they get the message. Sounds like this guy is one of them. Peace
I wouldn't go around inflicting "stripes" on another, personally. "It is the kindness of God that leads to repentance." If it's good enough for God, it's good enough for me. But, if he needs to be constrained in order to protect others, that's a different matter.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I mentioned it. There are some non-intoxicating pot products which are designed to help with seizures etc.
A friend of nine who uses medical Marijuana has prescriptions for 4 different strains depending on the level of pain he suffers from that particular day. Some strains need to have higher levels of THC than others. His use allows him to be a productive member of society holding down a professional job that he now has had for about 40 years. As it is legal and he holds down a career I am not sure if you Christians think he is sinning or not. Without it he was on high level pain killers that you took on his worse days and stayed home in bed. Next year non medical use will be legal in our entire country. My wife and I will probably buy some for old times sakes to try out but we were never heavy users. We drink alcohol too and takes a good summer for the two of us to drink a six pack.

As much of the discussion has been about the legality of pot and my friend's use has been legal Federally here for years and we will be using it legally when the law changes, at least one time probably not much more than that, does this change the Christian prespective? In other words would Christian think differently about its use in Canada compared to the States due to the difference in the laws?

Old 07-22-2017, 03:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Cannabis Cigar-ettes will be highly taxed like everything else...

Wonder if it will change the way Communion is done in Churches.

As they drink the cup and eat the bread?

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-22-2017 at 04:04 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 04:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Cannabis Cigar-ettes will be highly taxed like everything else...

Wonder if it will change the way Communion is done in Churches?
Probably not, but the pizza delivery guy will be busy after the local sevice as ended.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:22 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,310,718 times
It's cool that many Christians are against cannabis. They should just continue not to use it, not try to stop other adults from using if they so choose.

The fact is cannabis can and does help people with many different things. Sure many people abuse it, but that doesn't make it OK to prevent people easy access to it that can benefit from it.

Hopefully all these good non-sinning Christians never need the medical benefits of this plant for themselves or their loved ones. Maybe if they ever do, their perspective would change. Why anyone would want to deny something to people that can greatly help them and their situation is beyond me.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
It's cool that many Christians are against cannabis. They should just continue not to use it, not try to stop other adults from using if they so choose.

The fact is cannabis can and does help people with many different things. Sure many people abuse it, but that doesn't make it OK to prevent people easy access to it that can benefit from it.

Hopefully all these good non-sinning Christians never need the medical benefits of this plant for themselves or their loved ones. Maybe if they ever do, their perspective would change. Why anyone would want to deny something to people that can greatly help them and their situation is beyond me.
Yet another infliction of common sense appears in the Christianity forum!

As they say on the Tee-Vee: "PRAISE JAY-SUS!"

ETA: But I quibble sommat with the "Sure many people abuse it...." bit. Some may. But cannabis has been around since forever and nobody's OD'd on it yet. A few thousand years and counting.

Last edited by TroutDude; 07-22-2017 at 05:51 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 05:21 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I dried a banana skin in what we in the UK call the airing cupboard,( a nice place to keep towels and linens that housed the water heater) in England, because i was naive enough to believe as a 15 year old you could get high on it. Funny thing is my mum never asked any of us kids..... why is there banana skin in the air cupboard?.
I was 12 and there were 3 of us in a kitchen.
They happen to be dead now, a meaningless aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity