Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 11:20 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,999,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
My computer manual?
Will your manual reprove you? Will it train you in righteousness? Will it correct you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Will your manual reprove you? Will it train you in righteousness? Will it correct you?
I reprove and correct<delete> all the time and I don't need no steenkin' manual.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-08-2017 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: deleted the attack "self righteous fundies"

Old 08-07-2017, 11:27 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I reprove and correct<orphaned> all the time and I don't need no steenkin' manual.
YOU are an epistle written by God's own Spirit.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-08-2017 at 11:42 AM..

Old 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
According to that statement, anything that is useful for teaching and training can be seen as God-breathed "scripture" then, too.
How'd you come to that conclusion?

Old 08-07-2017, 11:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
Quote:
God did not create sinners. Adam and Eve introduced sin into the world.
Now that is an interesting subject in itself!!!!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:40 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,819,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
There is no contradiction, as usual what's missing is understanding; yours. Notice it said they would be PUT TO DEATH for their sins in one set? But in another He said He would visit the iniquity upon the children unto the 3rd and 4th generation? One deals with the sin immediately via death, the other deals with it posthumously. He didn't do one or the other, He did BOTH. Those sins are "visited" upon the generations via generational curses (Deut. 28) carried out by evil spirits.

This is why you see things transfer from generation to generation, like alcoholism, or a spirit of addiction, or dozens of others. Number ONE sins, is "put to death" for his own sin, BUT that spirit has a legal right to transfer through the generations down to number FOUR, because ONE did not overcome. This is the problem with selfishness and patty cake doctrines of indulgence to the lusts of the flesh like allowing a spirit of addiction to stand in the temple.

It's never JUST about us, it's about what we give a legal right to transfer down through our generations, MAKING THEIR BANDS STRONGER, because of the principle of multiplication. When the generations give life (let it express it's nature through them) to what was passed down to them, THEN it becomes THEIR sin and they get judged for it. It's very simply the law of sowing and reaping played out over generations instead of one person. Peace
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.got...al-curses.html

Old 08-07-2017, 11:44 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How'd you come to that conclusion?
It's my way of looking at it Jimmie. If I'm going to call something scripture because it's breathed/inspired by God and useful for teaching and training, then that makes the field of what "scripture" is wide, and inexhaustible.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
Quote:
The guide Jesus left guides us into what the Bible says and none of it is errant.
errant...*straying from the proper course or standards*...btw,
The guide, being the Holy Spirit, has NEVER lead me to think in terms of punishment or hell or fear,
but only in wisdom regarding this existence that He or the Father were anything but awesome and everywhere breathing life and consciousness in everything!....

Well and to give that $20 to that little boy....etc....and I mean swept over me like a wind through my being!!!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:47 AM

88,690 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I was only thinking today coming back from my walk that the bible is nothing but burdensome when you believe it is inerrant and infallible. Since i let go of that notion myself my chains fell off, not so i could go and do just the hell what i wanted, but so i could live how he wants me too.
Sweet, pcamps. Glad you are free.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:53 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,057,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post

Read Deut. 28 and see if anything looks familiar to you, ie. in your family or the families of others. The law is at it's foundation, a system of sowing and reaping, and the only thing that changed is the solution, from the Tanach to the NT. Which is why He came to reverse all the curses. Thinking that the Israelites were the only ones that were cursed for disobedience, is respect of persons. The gentiles were, by exclusion from the covenant in the first place. Failure to understand them, is why they are happily raging in the body, undetected through ignorance. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity