Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 03:39 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
That is not quoting scripture. That is stating what the scripture said. There is a difference. When quoting one uses the same words or If it is a different language then the closest translation.

Jesus reprimanded them for twisting scripture in the same way you do.
Oh dear, you know exactly what I am saying. My point is quoting or stating what it is is no big deal the devil did that and the Pharisees did it too. Jesus reprimanded them because they were hypocrites because they taught it but did do it themselves. Nothing's changed today and Bible fundamentalists are rattled because folk are waking up to the slavery and fear they've been under by Bible fundamentalism and freeing from themselves from it, and all Bible fundamentalists can do is breathe threats and claim they've been deceived. No and a thousand times no, we were subtly deceived in exactly what you and all Bible fundamentalists believe.

Now, quote me twisting them or repent and apologize for making such statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 05:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
But, pcamps, dontcha just want to drop it? Let everybody just believe what they want?
You've said it, others have said it...they said it, others have said it back...it's like this endless cycle...I know I am just laying my feelings about this cycle on you...you do want you feel you want to, of course.
I'm thinking it's time to let everybody just 'be'...for me, anyway...especially seeing that
'they' think 'we' are hurtful with little integrity.
Of course, that's now how we see it,ha...we are full of integrity and think we are being honest and truthful...as do 'they' think about themselves.
Gosh, it just seems to go around in circles...and then the misunderstandings are enough to drive anyone nuts.
I'm pretty much done.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
But, pcamps, dontcha just want to drop it? Let everybody just believe what they want?
You've said it, others have said it...they said it, others have said it back...it's like this endless cycle...I know I am just laying my feelings about this cycle on you...you do want you feel you want to, of course.
I'm thinking it's time to let everybody just 'be'...for me, anyway...especially seeing that
Of course, that's now how we see it,ha...we are full of integrity and think we are being honest and truthful...as do 'they' think about themselves.
Gosh, it just seems to go around in circles...and then the misunderstandings are enough to drive anyone nuts.
I'm pretty much done.
I'm always good with believe what you won't, but not when they tell everyone who doesn't agree with them that they should believe what they do, it's a different ball game, and when fundies make up things such as, you reject the scriptures, you twist the scriptures and all the other misrepresentations they conjure up, these things need addressing I'm thick skinned but they should be called out on these misrepresentations. I also feel compelled to meet them where they want..... in bible land , knowing it is the only way they will ever give you an ear. You can't reason with them, so you have to use the very thing they try to use against you(the Bible)and use it for them in the hope light dawns upon them. Hope you're alright with that x.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:56 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm always good with believe what you won't, but not when they tell everyone who doesn't agree with them that they should believe what they do, it's a different ball game, and when fundies make up things such as, you reject the scriptures, you twist the scriptures and all the other misrepresentations they conjure up, these things need addressing I'm thick skinned but they should be called out on these misrepresentations. I also feel compelled to meet them where they want..... in bible land , knowing it is the only way they will ever give you an ear. You can't reason with them, so you have to use the very thing they try to use against you(the Bible)and use it for them in the hope light dawns upon them. Hope you're alright with that x.
You are right about that. And you do a great job of meeting them where they are.

I'm not MissH, but I'm throwing in my .02. I am at a point where arguing with people about the doctrines they cling to is not good for me. I need a break from it, for as long as I'm feeling this way. But that is me, and that doesn't mean that arguing this stuff doesn't have value.

Also, I find myself wondering, as I read the wonderful, insightful, uplifting, encouraging things that you and others write in the midst of these discussions, if those things would get shared any other way. I, personally, receive so much from them. So, selfishly perhaps - but for the sake of anyone reading and participating here as well - I am grateful for people like you who are not feeling the same way that I am about participating in the arguments.

So, when I say that I'm not feeling like arguing is good for me right now, it is not an indictment of others. I just wanted to make that clear, and I hope, Hep, that you don't mind me using your and camp's discussion as a springboard for that purpose.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
...especially seeing that
I made a typo! I hate that!...'that's not how we see it, ha...not 'now' how we see it....

I don't mind what either of you guys do, sillies. Now, nateswift is a different story...
kidding...

Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You are right about that. And you do a great job of meeting them where they are.

I'm not MissH, but I'm throwing in my .02. I am at a point where arguing with people about the doctrines they cling to is not good for me. I need a break from it, for as long as I'm feeling this way. But that is me, and that doesn't mean that arguing this stuff doesn't have value.

Also, I find myself wondering, as I read the wonderful, insightful, uplifting, encouraging things that you and others write in the midst of these discussions, if those things would get shared any other way. I, personally, receive so much from them. So, selfishly perhaps - but for the sake of anyone reading and participating here as well - I am grateful for people like you who are not feeling the same way that I am about participating in the arguments.

So, when I say that I'm not feeling like arguing is good for me right now, it is not an indictment of others. I just wanted to make that clear, and I hope, Hep, that you don't mind me using your and camp's discussion as a springboard for that purpose.
Thanks Pleroo and Miss H for your thoughts. To reach a fundamentalist you have to kinda of meet them as one without becoming one, and sadly it is laborious because the meeting ground is the Bible. I think I shared this on here before, having come out of hell fire fundamentalism and leaning towards universal reconciliation I still had a lot of Bible fundamentalism about me. When I first started posting on I began enjoying what Mystic, Jerwade and a few others were sharing that began causing me to see things in a different light, but there was one particular poster who irritated the you know what out of me, and everything she shared I resisted like a good old fundy, but all I was doing without realizing it was resisting the light she had because I couldn't let go of the prejudices and biases I had and held onto, for to let go of them always comes at a cost. The cost was well worth paying. All the back and forth with her paid off for her. Now I'm a stuffy fluffy new ager because of her

Old 09-03-2017, 10:02 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Thanks Pleroo and Miss H for your thoughts. To reach a fundamentalist you have to kinda of meet them as one without becoming one, and sadly it is laborious because the meeting ground is the Bible. I think I shared this on here before, having come out of hell fire fundamentalism and leaning towards universal reconciliation I still had a lot of Bible fundamentalism about me. When I first started posting on I began enjoying what Mystic, Jerwade and a few others were sharing that began causing me to see things in a different light, but there was one particular poster who irritated the you know what out of me, and everything she shared I resisted like a good old fundy, but all I was doing without realizing it was resisting the light she had because I couldn't let go of the prejudices and biases I had and held onto, for to let go of them always comes at a cost. The cost was well worth paying. All the back and forth with her paid off for her. Now I'm a stuffy fluffy new ager because of her
I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing that.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:59 AM

88 posts, read 36,801 times
Quote:
Oh dear, you know exactly what I am saying. My point is quoting or stating what it is is no big deal the devil did that and the Pharisees did it too. Jesus reprimanded them because they were hypocrites because they taught it but did do it themselves. Nothing's changed today and Bible fundamentalists are rattled because folk are waking up to the slavery and fear they've been under by Bible fundamentalism and freeing from themselves from it, and all Bible fundamentalists can do is breathe threats and claim they've been deceived. No and a thousand times no, we were subtly deceived in exactly what you and all Bible fundamentalists believe.

Now, quote me twisting them or repent and apologize for making such statement.
The point I make his quoting God and scripture is doing exactly what Jesus was sent to do and sent His followers to do. That is not a Bible fundamentalist.

I believe you are of the belief that just being nice and loving is what Jesus wants us to do. That is not what He said.

A genuine believer continues in the word and teaching of God which is truth, life and spirit and is sent just as Jesus was sent, to preach the word.

"If you continue in my word (teaching) you are truly my disciple".......

" Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit(God's word) and in truth (God's word).

Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,817,838 times
Quote:
The point I make his quoting God and scripture is doing exactly what Jesus was sent to do and sent His followers to do. That is not a Bible fundamentalist.

I believe you are of the belief that just being nice and loving is what Jesus wants us to do. That is not what He said.

A genuine believer continues in the word and teaching of God which is truth, life and spirit and is sent just as Jesus was sent, to preach the word.

" Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit(God's word) and in truth (God's word).

Amen.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:

You have no ground from the scriptures to even believe this.

Explain how you continue in the word and the teaching of God from your experience and then explain how in your experience worship in spirit and truth. I will bet my last dollar that you cannot answer other than with more bible verses,

Last edited by pcamps; 09-03-2017 at 12:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity