Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:49 PM

88 posts, read 36,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you quote me saying anything remotely like this. The peace of God does not come by the scriptures or parroting that you believe them so whether they(the scriptures) are fuzzy stuffy lovey or not would, not make an ounce of difference I have never met a bible fundamentalist yet that has the peace of God.
You don't know the peace of God.

Peace be with you and keep the ways of the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 10:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
Peace is standing against all the unrest that abounds.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:14 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:

How do you know this ?.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:

Actually the Peace of God keeps me.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
How do you know which parts are inspired or not? The parts that just give you warm fuzzy feelings?

Could you share what the feeling of inspiration is like for you ?. I know when I see something inspiring such as a beautiful sunset there is a definite feel good factor.
Quote:
This one is not particularly warm and fuzzy.

Numbers 22:1 "Then the people of Israel set out and camped in the plains of Moab beyond the Jordan at Jericho."
Considering you believe everything written is inspiring, How does this bible verse inspire you ?

Quote:
You are saying that all of Scripture gives peace, if I understand you correctly.
No I have never come close to saying that for you to even think that , in fact I have never said peace comes by the scriptures, it comes by knowing. You made this argument up, for you know perfectly well that you "think" I do not believe the scriptures.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,447,890 times
Quote:
No I have never come close to saying that for you to even think that , in fact I have
never said peace comes by the scriptures, it comes by knowing.
Love that sentence...and I knew that about you! (us)
BapFun may be away till next week.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Actually the Peace of God keeps me.
Only the one who comes from God has seen the Father.

Peace dwells in the kingdom of heaven and the joy of God dwells in Zion.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Only the one who comes from God has seen the Father.

Peace dwells in the kingdom of heaven and the joy of God dwells in Zion.
Now, don't start quoting bible verses at me without expounding on them. The devil is good at quoting them too .
Peace is within, if it's not you are moved by everything that happens outside of you.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Now, don't start quoting bible verses at me without expounding on them. The devil is good at quoting them too .
Peace is within, if it's not you are moved by everything that happens outside of you.
Guess you hadn't heard; John 8:44

"You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father's will. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies".

The devil hates God's word, the truth, and will not use it. It is not in him.

" Whoever rejects me and does not accept my word, he already has his judge, namely the words I've spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day. "

Old 09-02-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Guess you hadn't heard; John 8:44

"You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father's will. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies".

The devil hates God's word, the truth, and will not use it. It is not in him.

" Whoever rejects me and does not accept my word, he already has his judge, namely the words I've spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day. "
But he still knows how to quote the bible. Jesus called those bible quoting pharisees children of hell. What you gotta say about that?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity