Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

For me all of this is so simple.
One moment of a heart change, an awakening...and a life of debauchery is dropped and
you are on your way to Heaven and beauty... This is the very Nature of Love.
Agree?
Disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
One moment of a heart change, an awakening...and a life of debauchery is dropped and
Agree?
Disagree?
Disagree, sort of. I do agree that one moment can be the beginning. But, as one of our favorite gurus says, being awake isn't like getting a degree, where you finish a course of study and you're done. You can be awake at some moments and not at others, and the thing to do is practice being awake so that it becomes more and more natural. I think that's a good explanation of how it works.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:26 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Agree?
Disagree?

Agree: ' heaven for some ' such as those who have a first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6.
Disagree: ' heaven for all '. Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth ( Earth Not Heaven ) .
ALL who died before Jesus' died do Not ascent to heaven - John 3:13 - including King David as per Acts 2:34.
Such humble people are on their way to Earth and beauty. ( meaning a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden was ) .
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection........
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Wicked people will be 'destroyed forever' - Psalm 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
But the figurative humble living ' sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year rule over Earth. At that time, even enemy death will be No more on Earth according to Isaiah 25:8; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:47 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Agree: ' heaven for some ' such as those who have a first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6.
Disagree: ' heaven for all '. Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth ( Earth Not Heaven ) .
ALL who died before Jesus' died do Not ascent to heaven - John 3:13 - including King David as per Acts 2:34.
Such humble people are on their way to Earth and beauty. ( meaning a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden was ) .
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection........
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Wicked people will be 'destroyed forever' - Psalm 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
But the figurative humble living ' sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year rule over Earth. At that time, even enemy death will be No more on Earth according to Isaiah 25:8; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26.
Matt, I could be wrong, but I don't think Hep is referring to future utopian paradise on earth OR a place one goes after they die. She's talking, I believe, about experiencing the kingdom of heaven in the here and now.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:43 PM

Well, who knows what I meant here or in the afterlife...I guess Paradise is Paradise...whatever
anyone wants to interpret it as is ok...and I should have said 'in a moment of awakening'...
so not to imply JUST for a moment, haha...
That will make a mess of responses until they read this correction..I make myself laugh, not
being clearer, I mean.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:28 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,717 times
Quote:
Agree? Disagree?
i agree one has to change from their wicked ways, be it, thinking or actions. because MANY, INCLUDING some who say they are Christians. live a debauched lifestyle. everyone KNOWS, someone who believes they have a first class ticked to Heaven. yet is at least having sex out of marriage! which will cause one to NOT enter Heaven. but concerning "Paradise" ,sadly EVERYONE believe it's ONLY referring to Heaven. have anyone really paid attention to the prayer Jesus taught us to say?

(Matt. 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven). there's a reason for this, NOT ALL Righteous will live in Heaven! ONLY those who have that Heavenly calling. and it's NOT as MANY believe, to be with their loves ones. because in Heaven NO ONE will even remember that they were once HUMANS!, which means... if they do actually have a family member who's got that calling, they wouldn't know them as family once they are there!

those who'll go to Heaven will have a JOB TO DO, what is that?, ruling over the EARTH, with Jesus as a NEW Righteous Government ,(Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). and (Dan. 2:44). this is why Jesus is king ,(Revelation 17:14 "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."). see also (Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth)... JESUS WORDS!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 AM

Because I believe God waits for us with incomprehensible love to come back
to Him, our true Home....and because I myself can forgive huge hurts when in love...and
ONE sign of regret is all it takes for little old human me to drop everything...and
because Jesus showed us this with the criminal to his right...
I think a lifetime of mistakes can be erased in an instant with the gift of an awakening,
a dawning, transcendent state of spiritual sight...and like a sunbeam
shining down thru an opening in a cloud...an upliftment extraordinaire takes place...
I sometimes call Paradise.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:33 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Because I believe God waits for us with incomprehensible love to come back
to Him, our true Home....and because I myself can forgive huge hurts when in love...and
ONE sign of regret is all it takes for little old human me to drop everything...and
because Jesus showed us this with the criminal to his right...
I think a lifetime of mistakes can be erased in an instant with the gift of an awakening,
a dawning, transcendent state of spiritual sight...and like a sunbeam
shining down thru an opening in a cloud...an upliftment extraordinaire takes place...
I sometimes call Paradise.
Where does the death of Christ and His physical resurrection fit in all of this?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Where does the death of Christ and His physical resurrection fit in all of this?
So every comment on love, forgiveness, repentance and Paradise should always have a reference to Christ's death and resurrection?
I was not aware of that.
You could start a new thread on the subject, tho...

Old 09-27-2017, 08:44 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
So every comment on love, forgiveness, repentance and Paradise should always have a reference to Christ's death and resurrection?
I was not aware of that.
You could start a new thread on the subject, tho...
I guess I was taking it in light of your OP which mentioned being on one's way to heaven. It gives the appearance that God is simply awaiting our return without any conditions - which is not true.

If you are speaking on going to heaven, faith in Christ is necessary. It is then that God prepares our spirits to be in His presence.

Otherwise, I misunderstood your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity