Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 09:05 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Did the Egyptians know about the lunisolar calendar? What types of calendars did the Egyptians use? Why did the Romans under Constantine fix the Passover sometime in March or April in the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD?
Those questions are irrelevant to me when it comes to the calendar that I observe and believe the Bible established it's timelines against.

Have you ignored the glaring problem with your position? - that Jesus rose on the day of First Fruits. Everything comes tumbling down if you don't have Jesus being raised at that time.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:59 PM

998 posts, read 436,442 times
Quote:
Did the Egyptians know about the lunisolar calendar? What types of calendars did the Egyptians use? Why did the Romans under Constantine fix the Passover sometime in March or April in the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Those questions are irrelevant to me when it comes to the calendar that I observe and believe the Bible established it's timelines against.

Have you ignored the glaring problem with your position? - that Jesus rose on the day of First Fruits. Everything comes tumbling down if you don't have Jesus being raised at that time.
The Romans under Emperor Constantine fixed Passover sometime March or April in the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD because the Romans had been dependent to the Jews of when to celebrate Easter. Since the Romans fixed Passover in March or April, 33 years later, in 358 AD, the Jews followed suit when they reformed their calendars to what it is today. We can know that the Jews reformed their calendar because their calendar is about 10 days now to be off-season. For example, they expect that Passover (Nisan 14) to be full moon but it's not.

You have been talking about First Fruit. What is the Feast of the First Fruit?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
The Romans under Emperor Constantine fixed Passover sometime March or April in the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD because the Romans had been dependent to the Jews of when to celebrate Easter. Since the Romans fixed Passover in March or April, 33 years later, in 358 AD, the Jews followed suit when they reformed their calendars to what it is today. We can know that the Jews reformed their calendar because their calendar is about 10 days now to be off-season. For example, they expect that Passover (Nisan 14) to be full moon but it's not.

You have been talking about First Fruit. What is the Feast of the First Fruit?
Your arguing a fallacy. I am not presenting anything Constantine did. I'm basing this on the Calendar the Hebrews followed as evidence in Enoch 1.

Again, if you are saying that Jesus rose in the fall then you would be wrong on the account that He rose on the day of firstfruits. That can only happen in the spring.

Please explain how you justify Jesus rising in the fall and NOT on Firstfruits.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Your arguing a fallacy. I am not presenting anything Constantine did. I'm basing this on the Calendar the Hebrews followed as evidence in Enoch 1.

Again, if you are saying that Jesus rose in the fall then you would be wrong on the account that He rose on the day of firstfruits. That can only happen in the spring.

Please explain how you justify Jesus rising in the fall and NOT on Firstfruits.
Why do you say Firstfruits? Is that called "Shavouth"? Why is the book of Enoch not included in the Holy Bible?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Why do you say Firstfruits? Is that called "Shavouth"? Why is the book of Enoch not included in the Holy Bible?
There are several books not included in the Bible. Some were removed such as the Epistle of Barnabas (which I considered inspired) by some members of the same councils that you took issue with in an earlier post.

You also don't have the book of Jasher in your Bible either.

Jos_10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Are you going to therefore conclude that only what is in the Holy Bible, as you have it, are the books that are inspired by the Holy Spirit?

Old 12-15-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
There are several books not included in the Bible. Some were removed such as the Epistle of Barnabas (which I considered inspired) by some members of the same councils that you took issue with in an earlier post.

Jos_10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Are you going to therefore conclude that only what is in the Holy Bible, as you have it, are the books that are inspired by the Holy Spirit?
You, HeWilCome2040, believe that Jesus resurrected during the FirstFruit. You believe also in the book of Jasher and in the epistle of Barnabas. They are not even in the Apocrypha. That means that you believe in something that is not considered by the church leaders that are more intelligent than you. How is that?

Old 12-22-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:

The spirit of Ama recommends that we read the King James Version of the Holy Bible because it is "nearer the truth" (than other versions). He also recommends that we read "Pasiong Mahal", chanted by Filipinos during Holy Week. The "Pasyon" is five (5) lines long per stanza, and eight (8) syllables per line.

The "Pasyon" is not included as a book inspired by God (yet). In it, the names of the three kings are mentioned, the two malefactors who were crucified with Jesus, Longinus as the head of the soldiers who watched the sepulcher where Jesus was interred, etc.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:31 PM

525 posts, read 347,913 times
HeWillCome2040,
re: "At this time started 14 Nisan (Jesus dies on the cross). Per Jewish law, Jesus could not remain on the cross through the night and Joseph request His body when the evening had come. Jesus is entombed that night (which can't count towards the sign of Jonah)."

So you're saying the Messiah was placed in the tomb on Nisan 15? And if so, why can't it be counted?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 AM

525 posts, read 347,913 times
HeWillCome2040,

You have a question directed to you in post #148.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:31 AM

Since the numbering is messed up in the forum, I suggest that in the absence of the numbering system, you be specific in citing which you would like to be answered. For example, "12-28-2017, 09:31 PM by rstrats".

To Moderators, please fix-up the numbering system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity