Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 09:29 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,455,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No big mystery: The Berean method is what used, which is not subject to being exposed to where vomit \ diarrhea \ dementia frequently also occupies.

Subsequently by using the Berean method one can, like fake currency that is held to the light to God's Word the Bible, one can quickly identity the so-called inner spirit with it's "revealed esoteric knowledge from the East." alternativeas the fraud.

I studied, fervently and prayerfully, for many, many years. The answer to my prayers was to be shown that the bible wasn't what I thought it was, nor was God what I had believed God to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
John the Baptist came in the Spirit that he did to address the spirit of the religious hierarchy of his day. They were judgmental and condemning, that’s how they depicted God in their own hearts and that’s the God that showed up, even though God through the ages had made himself known to them as faithful loving and merciful. They attracted in John the God they believed in. In saying that they were more accepting of John, because unlike Jesus he depicted God how they believed God was. Infact folk came from all over the show to be baptized by him, even the Pharisees.

God will be whatever you believe him to be, many on him portray his a tyrant that will love you if you love him, yet God appears on here to many who does all things in love because God is love. He loves first, rather than I will love you if you love me.

That seems to enflame some, but it's life to me.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:47 AM

23,319 posts, read 10,620,963 times
Quote:
Quickly as you may have seen already .. I can't be here any longer.

I keep trying to follow this conversation, maybe I am not quick enough, you going somewhere? Where you goin man?

Old 11-04-2017, 09:55 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,985,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I keep trying to follow this conversation, maybe I am not quick enough, you going somewhere? Where you goin man?
Away... as fast as he can. I seriously doubt that it is to look aftr his foundation though.

"And the rains came down and the floods came up...."

Old 11-04-2017, 10:41 AM

88,995 posts, read 85,529,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I studied, fervently and prayerfully, for many, many years. The answer to my prayers was to be shown that the bible wasn't what I thought it was, nor was God what I had believed God to be.
I think I did something similar, although I wasn't as deeply into the fundamentalist world as you were.

After my attempt at trying to be an atheist and finding myself praying to a God I didn't believe in, I began to say in my head "Real God" to differentiate from the frightening, mean, death-thirsty thing I feared growing up.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think I did something similar, although I wasn't as deeply into the fundamentalist world as you were.

After my attempt at trying to be an atheist and finding myself praying to a God I didn't believe in, I began to say in my head "Real God" to differentiate from the frightening, mean, death-thirsty thing I feared growing up.
That's interesting. I did something similar. I won't share the name I used, because some would mock me I think, and it's special to me.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:51 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,840,770 times
Quote:
You never even read the bible did you?

Old 11-04-2017, 10:54 AM

16,102 posts, read 6,444,489 times
Quote:
Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.
You're right. I'm going to have to rethink your post Twin.

Quote:
For the sake of brevity ...
Thanks for verifying how to distinguish between the scammer vs. the genuine article using the OT.

1)By now, most people reading this have concluded that the scammer attempts to sound \ look etc the same as the genuine article.
I'm going to disagree here. The scammer doesn't know how the genuine article sounds. For example the IRS will send you a letter if you owe money and the cell phone company will text you. The scammer will call you up on the phone demanding money.

Quote:
2)Both inform the intent of contacting you \ me etc.
Not in the same way though. When I made a mistake on my taxes and checked the wrong box that disallowed a 2500 credit I was sent a letter stating I had made a mistake and owed them money. I was given a chance to fix the mistake and not owe them. They didn't just straight out demand payment or I was going to jail. [/quote]

Quote:
3) Both make it known that if one does not reply, there will be repercussions.
What repercussions. They IRS just said I owed them money. My cell phone company said there was a problem with my auto pay. No one ever stated repercussions to me.

Quote:
It's at this point where the scammer exposes himself vs the genuine article.
No it's way way before that they expose themselves as a scammer. Unless you have a guilty conscience and know you've been paying your bills. Then I suppose a scammer could use that anxiety against you.

Quote:

The
Genuine article pays your fine and promises protection (second paragraph) Isaiah 43
But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not
overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame
burn you.…

The Genuine article via the power invested in himself shifts the repercussion from demanding a knowingly insurmountable payment to the repercussion for rejecting his promise:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;" and his subsequent protection.
I read this scripture to say no payment is due. Why would I then believe someone who calls me up demanding payment for a debt I don't owe?

Old 11-04-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I read this scripture to say no payment is due. Why would I then believe someone who calls me up demanding payment for a debt I don't owe?
And that is the crux of the matter. Christians have this great message that God loves and is not holding the sin of the world against them, but then they [some of them] obscure that message with so many "buts" and conditions that it is no longer recognizable as good news.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:41 AM

23,319 posts, read 10,620,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Away... as fast as he can. I seriously doubt that it is to look aftr his foundation though.

"And the rains came down and the floods came up...."
No really, I can't keep up, Is dude ok? O Lord, now I am feeling really guilty because I may have spoken with more consideration and if dude is going somewhere, I wont have he chance to make it up to him. That dementia thing seems to be my new friend. I can't keep up Nate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity