Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 05:45 AM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
One of these things is not like the others...one of these things does not belong...
That's all it took for the song to start playing in my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 07:33 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No big mystery: The Berean method is what used, which is not subject to being exposed to where vomit \ diarrhea \ dementia frequently also occupies.

Subsequently by using the Berean method one can, like fake currency that is held to the light to God's Word the Bible, one can quickly identity the so-called inner spirit with it's "revealed esoteric knowledge from the East." alternativeas the fraud.
What was it in the scriptures that they examined was true after hearing Paul ?. whether Jesus was the Christ or not. The same Jesus Christ when believed on illumines us with in by his presence within.

Twin Spin do you not know that Jesus Christ is in you?, if you do not you have failed the test according to the scriptures, and i implore you to keep reading the scriptures until they cause you to know this.

It is impossible understand the Spirit of the scriptures without knowing the one it testifies of is in you. Anyone who continually thought about the great truth God being in them would at some point know the reality of it.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:47 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
No big mystery: The Berean method is what used, which is not subject to being exposed to where vomit \ diarrhea \ dementia frequently also occupies.

Subsequently by using the Berean method one can, like fake currency that is held to the light to God's Word the Bible, one can quickly identity the so-called inner spirit with it's "revealed esoteric knowledge from the East." alternativeas the fraud.
Quote:
One of these things is not like the others...one of these things does not belong...
You're correct ... I apologize to you and to Mystic.

That particular answer is not like the others, it should have been left at "The Berean method is what used".
Unfortunately (though it's not an excuse) I tend to address a less than genuine caller sarcastically.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:35 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:

That particular answer is not like the others, it should have been left at "The Berean method is what used".
Unfortunately (though it's not an excuse) I tend to address a less than genuine caller sarcastically.

What in your mind would be a "genuine caller?" Would it be someone who is merely credulous or someone who would like to see verifiable reasons for your belief?

Old 11-04-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Besides the threats do you know how you can tell a scammer? They never know your name. They just robo dial numbers and never know who they have called.

Or as you would say:

Isaiah 43
But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! 2"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.…

Have you been called by name?
For the sake of brevity ...
Thanks for verifying how to distinguish between the scammer vs. the genuine article using the OT.

1)By now, most people reading this have concluded that the scammer attempts to sound \ look etc the same as the genuine article.

2)Both inform the intent of contacting you \ me etc.

3) Both make it known that if one does not reply, there will be repercussions.

It's at this point where the scammer exposes himself vs the genuine article.

The
Genuine article pays your fine and promises protection (second paragraph) Isaiah 43
But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not
overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame
burn you.…

The Genuine article via the power invested in himself shifts the repercussion from demanding a knowingly insurmountable payment to the repercussion for rejecting his promise:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;" and his subsequent protection.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:40 AM

15,853 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:

I know you do and that's what bothers me. I happen to believe sarcasm is an art form and I hate to see someone butchering the evil crafts the way you do padawan. OK back to vomit/diarrhea/dementia. You had a good thing going with the vomit and diarrhea but the dementia is so out of place that it makes the reader wonder just what they heck and ruins the whole flow. By using the word dementia is that sentence it almost looks like a confession. If your going with a series of disgusting bodily fluids how about: vomit/diarrhea/bile or vomit/diarrhea/boogers. If by use of the term dementia your trying to call Mystic senile then you may want to consider that your main point and not mix it up with bodily functions. Just something to consider Twin.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM

15,853 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
For the sake of brevity ...
Thanks for verifying how to distinguish between the scammer vs. the genuine article using the OT.

1)By now, most people reading this have concluded that the scammer attempts to sound \ look etc the same as the genuine article.

2)Both inform the intent of contacting you \ me etc.

3) Both make it known that if one does not reply, there will be repercussions.

It's at this point where the scammer exposes himself vs the genuine article.

The
Genuine article pays your fine and promises protection (second paragraph) Isaiah 43
But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not
overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame
burn you.…

The Genuine article via the power invested in himself shifts the repercussion from demanding a knowingly insurmountable payment to the repercussion for rejecting his promise:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;" and his subsequent protection.
Sounds good!

Old 11-04-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What in your mind would be a "genuine caller?" Would it be someone who is merely credulous or someone who would like to see verifiable reasons for your belief?
In my mind "what" is very different than "whom".
Time does not permit me to go beyond this (though I'm sure you've meant both are one in the same) due to other things that need to be done.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I know you do and that's what bothers me. I happen to believe sarcasm is an art form and I hate to see someone butchering the evil crafts the way you do padawan. OK back to vomit/diarrhea/dementia. You had a good thing going with the vomit and diarrhea but the dementia is so out of place that it makes the reader wonder just what they heck and ruins the whole flow. By using the word dementia is that sentence it almost looks like a confession. If your going with a series of disgusting bodily fluids how about: vomit/diarrhea/bile or vomit/diarrhea/boogers. If by use of the term dementia your trying to call Mystic senile then you may want to consider that your main point and not mix it up with bodily functions. Just something to consider Twin.
Quickly as you may have seen already .. I can't be here any longer.

You can be assured I hear what you are saying however.
If time (or memory ) permits me later, I'll explain the intent ... it certainly wasn't aimed at Mystic personally.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Sounds good!
Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity