Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 04:15 PM

20,448 posts, read 12,832,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What are emotions? Don't they help us survive and navigate this particular physical world? Why would God have the same emotions we do? I believe in evolution so it makes more sense to me that a sentient being, be it from another dimension or another planet, would not have adapted the same emotions to survive as we have. Even if you believe in creationism though it seems that God would have given us emotions suited for this environment only. I think it may be a mistake to take our emotions and spray them over God and the entire universe. Even different people on this planet have different emotions from each other in the same situations and some people experience a different range from others. I think this is a case of over applying the known to the unknown and it is futile to try and get inside the emotions of God.
Well, we are created in His image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 04:24 PM

15,899 posts, read 6,372,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Well, we are created in His image.
That is true according to the Bible and I won't disagree. We live in the physical world with a physical body though. How much of our experiences are suited for that? If you believe in a spirit world of Heaven and Hell then you yourself wouldn't have need of the same emotions that you have while in the physical body. People try and conjure up what heaven might be like for them and it gets fuzzy without any practical knowledge. I don't know how you can, with any accuracy, expect to know what an entirely more complex being existing in an entirely theoretical(to us) world would desire (if He even experiences desire because we desire out of some type of need).

Old 10-29-2017, 04:35 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,741,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I know.

I could never worship a weak god.
it is only by a fallen mind lost and heart and soul that real Love is considered a weakness. I count it as strength , real strength , the only strength . Perfectly broken for us !

Old 10-29-2017, 04:47 PM

10,084 posts, read 5,001,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
it is only by a fallen mind lost and heart and soul that real Love is considered a weakness. I count it as strength , real strength , the only strength . Perfectly broken for us !
Never heard of perfectly broken for us (?) ( almost sounds like an oxymoron )
Real love I find at John 13:34-35 is to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
And as James 1:27 says to look after orphans and widows in their times of tribulation.
To ' obey'.......... ( as in listen to God's Law ) - 1st Samuel 15:22

Old 10-29-2017, 05:45 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,741,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Real love I find at John 13:34-35 is to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
And as James 1:27 says to look after orphans and widows in their times of tribulation.
God = trinity..
adam = adam and eve = in right relationship = marriage..
these were perfectly broken to need each other .

need is not a sin or is abusive or is it controling..
without the brokeness they is no room for love and no room for relationship!
it is in that brokeness that there is a place made for family , mates and emotional connections like children .

Father started it and the first one crucified and he is HOLY and not imperfect , but perfectly broken and in right relationship with his broken parts and will be with his right/ous/ness but still broken family.

perfection and wholeness is death .
shamanism like Popes seek to be whole and thus emotional and physically dead and look at the sin that follows.. .
now
look at creation and Life is about needing someone else ... from another plants pollen to something else ..
Love is the connection/ relationhship in right standing ..
sin is the usurping of those connections and relations .
when sin is gone ... the
brokenness of Adam and Eve will remain..
because we will return to a perfectly brokenness and walk like they did .
Jesus was perfectly broken on the cross leaving room for a relationship with the whole world and all willing. thus it says pick up your cross and follow him..

Old 10-29-2017, 05:57 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Perfectly broken is poetic from what I could feel.
When the elder serves the younger is an example of obedience.
To bring into submission
1 corintians 9
No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

This is my defense to those who sit in judgment on me. 4 Don’t we have the right to food and drink? 5 Don’t we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas[a]? 6 Or is it only I and Barnabas who lack the right to not work for a living?

7 Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk? 8 Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.”[b] Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. 11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? 12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?

But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast. 16 For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. 18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

Paul’s Use of His Freedom
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

The Need for Self-Discipline
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,282,719 times
Quote:
Why?
because they are not first hand accounts and no proof of n existing original to support the author's opinions.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Exactly as you describe, no. Love and goodness comes from God.
as does hate and vengeance?

Old 10-29-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that too.

ETA:

Hebrews 13:16

Do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
seems the quote ended at Micah 6:8..the author forgot to add..LOOK OR OTHER CRITERIA T BE PUBLISHED AT LATER DATE?

So we do need to feed the poor, shelter the homeless, visit the prisoner, and heal the sick?

Old 10-29-2017, 06:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
because they are not first hand accounts and no proof of n existing original to support the author's opinions.
Huh
What kind of reasoning was that.
You just invalidated you own opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity