Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 10:36 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
God is love; why wouldn't anyone worship love? As to what love is, your own bible gives a great description in 1 Cor. 13, but the more you experience the giving and receiving of it, the less you need a book to tell you about it.
Well said---all of it. They never even read 1 Cor. 13 to find out where condemning "sin" fits in to the life of a Jesus follower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 12:09 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well said.
Especially the part about:
"speaking of love and tolerance like they worship it"
I suspect that hits the nail on the head.
Quote:
“Tolerance is the last virtue of a depraved society. When an immoral society has blatantly and proudly violated all the commandments, it insists upon one last virtue, tolerance for its immorality. It will not tolerate condemnation of its perversions. It creates a whole new world in which only the intolerant critic of intolerable evil is evil.” Hutton Gibson
awesome stuff right there.
jesus tells John what God love is and what his kingdom is when says..

Luk 7:22

Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

and one of the LASY things he says to his disciples is .. yet the gives the same kind of definitions of his LOVE and his proof of his kingdom...

Mar 16:17

“And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18

“they[fn] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Unchecked Copy Box Mar 16:19

¶
So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

Jhn 5:20

For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Heb 9:11

But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

so let them talk about Love like they understand it.. .. like they know what is is.. it is only their kinds of " LOVE" that they promote .. which is usually some kind of greed or lust or covetousness of what others have. the Laodiceans LOVE and other people's stuff most.. and jealousy and greed isn't it
that the mark/ values of their Father Satan? always wanting what others have.
but Robinhood and all MEN is patterned after.. was still a thief and will rot in hell unless he repented.

Jesus shows us the proof of His kingdoms and the Father's " LOVE" >>> at the beginning of his ministry he says,.. TO JOHN This is LOVE this is The Love of God to set men free from real bondage. and at the end just before ascending, he says these signs and greater signs will follow those who believe.. who believes in Love walks as he walks or they need to shut the stinking barn door.
Laodiceans do not do "LOVE" as God demands proof of His kingdoms "love"... because it is not a feeling but an action, a commitment , a covenant. we are too seek first the kingdom(to give kingdom LOVE) and all other things will be added to us only when we do that .
They seek to only give their own acceptance of sin and not His real "love" that sets us free from sin.
instead they just redefine sin and make only christians sinful.. wrong.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:31 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
How many people have you set free from sin by condemning them, nX?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
How many people have you set free from sin by condemning them, nX?
you are such a joker .... The Love of God sets people free from sin.. I don't condemn them because His spirit does.. you are not hearing his spirit or you are ignoring it.. He does talk about him knocking on the door and no one is hearing it . it is the sign of a leodicean church member and culture ...
I just don't have to condone sin either.
I can call sins sin. I can call sin that he calls sin, sin ... I don't have to let sin rule me in any way. their sins or mine will not Lord over me.
and I do not have to bow to anyone's sin, mine or else's sins either.
just because society now has Pet sins that are taboo to speak about as sin ..
they are not my LORD! and I will Not bow down to those sins.
i f I do not bow them to them .. then maybe some can be set free from them instead of condemning and handing those people over to those sins and bondage forever.
yes people have been set free from REAL SiNS being around me.
homosexuality sins and bondage and adultery, drug adiction.. just to name a few.
I walked out their healing with them in LOve and prayer and intercession.
now some are still my best friends.. but that is what LOVE IS! setting people free , praying it through until they are whole and healed..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-04-2018 at 12:53 PM..

Old 01-04-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you are such a joke.. The Love of God sets people free from sin.. I don't condemn them because His spirit does.. you are not hearing his spirit.
I just don't have to condone sin either.
I can call sins sin.. I don't have to let sin rule me in anyway. their sins or mine are not ord over me.
God's spirit doesn't condemn people, nX. People's own hearts condemn themselves and others. But God is greater than our hearts.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
God's spirit doesn't condemn people, nX. People's own hearts condemn themselves and others. But God is greater than our hearts.
that is a bald faced lie.. and why you don't want them reading the Bible!! because the Spirit through the WORD WILL CONVICT THEM of the sin HE is dealing with and what HE wants to set them free from !!!!

if everyone who claims to be a Christians would set only one free from their real sins because you really loved them through it with his spirit.. ...
the world would be free of all sinners in no time .
I already did my share.. your turn! prove your LOVE!

Old 01-04-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
that is a bald faced lie.. and why you don't want them reading the Bible!! because the Spirit through the WORD WILL CONVICT THEM of the sin HE is dealing with and what HE wants to set them free from !!!!

if everyone who claims to be a Christians would set only one free from their real sins because you really loved them through it with his spirit.. ...
The things I said were directly from the pages of the bible.

And, I didn't say anything about not convicting people. I said God's spirit does not condemn. There is a difference.

We certainly can feel it when we are out of harmony with the spirit of love. That is conviction; but the hearts of people turn conviction into condemnation.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:

God does not condemn them through his spirit directly. Yes the spirit inspired words of the Bible do that quite well, when they ignore it.

Now if they never read it or maybe know nothing about the Bible, God is not giving His spirit to them while they sin. Patience is also a sign of love, but even patience can run out.

Just ask Noah. God loved that world by having Noah preach to them for over 40 years and ... if they did not listen, they showed they did not love God.

Unfortunately no matter how hard a believer may try to help someone, how lovingly they do it, the person is still responsible for his own choice and ... most will reject God's love and ... His written word.

Remember if someone ignores God's word and says God has spoken to me through His spirit, they are asking you to follow them. Jesus quoted scripture for a reason and part of it was to show he did understand it and was moved by it to help them.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:22 PM

besides if anyone wanted freedom from the sins that are truely killing them. no one would seek out a Laodiceans for prayer , study and His truths that set us free.. or his wisdom and words of knowledge or discernment.. that only the spirit can give.. a for healing.. they would NOT seek out Laodiceans for real healing for death crushing sins in their life.. for those who really want freedom . They will seek those who can help.. AND THOSE WHO CAN " HIS love" them to "HIS KIND" OF health And healing from their sins..

Now maybe for a cheese AND whine fest..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-04-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 01-04-2018, 01:51 PM

And everyone loves a great cheese and whine fest once in awhile.. .. But what is true also, is that no one will every be set free from anything real .. At one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity