Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 01:51 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why is it so difficult for some people to understand that God who is one Being exists as three distinct persons? Jesus who is God, prayed to the Father who is God. Jesus who is God returned to the Father who is God. Again, this is not difficult.

In Hebrews chapter one, God the Father calls the Son God and states that He is the Son's God. Yet, the Son is Himself God. One God in three persons. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Do you vote?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 01:55 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Thought the op was

lord = jesus/god
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Remember when jesus commanded Samual to istruct Saul to slaughter babies?

1 Samuel 15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord se me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass
Hey mike555, who’s telling samual to tell Saul to butcher babies?

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 01-21-2018 at 02:09 AM..

Old 01-21-2018, 09:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There you go again, trying to shove a square peg into a round hole...

Jesus never said that he met Avraham...

Avraham avinu never saw Jesus...You just do not understand Hebrew...That word "word" has no relation to your New Testament word "word"...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 15

1 After these incidents, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Fear not, Abram; I am your Shield; your reward is exceedingly great."

Rasi's Commentary:

After these incidents: Wherever the term אַחַר is used, it signifies immediately afterwards; אַחֲרֵי signifies a long time afterwards (Gen. Rabbah 44:5). After this miracle had been wrought for him, that he slew the kings, he was worried and said, “Perhaps I have received reward for all my righteous deeds.” Therefore, the Omnipresent said to him, “Fear not Abram, I am your Shield” from punishment, that you will not be punished for all those souls that you have slain, and as far as your being worried about receiving reward, your reward is exceedingly great. [from Aggadath Berei****h 16:2; Tan. Buber, Lech Lecha 15; Pirkei d’Rabbi Eliezer ch. 27]
Yes,
Ears first then eyes.
If you have any doubt just ask to see Our Lord hands and feet.
Increase your faith and the rest will be added.

As for posting the rashi commentary.
It is not allowed here.

Peace has been given to the people who believe in the Holy One of Yisrael, Yeshua.
And all of His children know to shod their feet.

You Richard are in a dire circumstance now.
The inkhorn was possibly withheld till you repent of what you are seeking.
You know the consequence of gleaning where you have not sown.

Are you willing to accuse iyov?

Last edited by pinacled; 01-21-2018 at 11:04 PM..

Old 01-21-2018, 11:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
For the record ... this is an instance where Mike is correct.

And we know that the Jews who confronted Jesus knew exactly what he was implying because their reaction was to about to stone Jesus for blasphemy.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yes,
Ears first then eyes.
If you have any doubt just ask to see Our Lord hands and feet.
Increase your faith and the rest will be added.

As for posting the rashi commentary.
It is not allowed here.

Peace has been given to the people who believe in the Holy One of Yisrael, Yeshua.
And all of His children know to shod their feet.

You Richard are in a dire circumstance now.
The inkhorn was possibly withheld till you repent of what you are seeking.
You know the consequence of gleaning where you have not sown.

Are you willing to accuse iyov?
You’re a real hoot...You never address the post, you just wander off with odscure quotes...Show me in TOS where Rashi is not allowed...

Old 01-22-2018, 04:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Mike555, Great topic! Good verses from John, how revealing...not something I have ever pondered!
And don't forget Jacob saw God face to face and yet survived..somewhere in Genesis 30?

Old 01-22-2018, 04:57 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There you go again, trying to shove a square peg into a round hole...

Jesus never said that he met Avraham...

Avraham avinu never saw Jesus...You just do not understand Hebrew...That word "word" has no relation to your New Testament word "word"...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 15

1 After these incidents, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Fear not, Abram; I am your Shield; your reward is exceedingly great."

Rasi's Commentary:

After these incidents: Wherever the term אַחַר is used, it signifies immediately afterwards; אַחֲרֵי signifies a long time afterwards (Gen. Rabbah 44:5). After this miracle had been wrought for him, that he slew the kings, he was worried and said, “Perhaps I have received reward for all my righteous deeds.” Therefore, the Omnipresent said to him, “Fear not Abram, I am your Shield” from punishment, that you will not be punished for all those souls that you have slain, and as far as your being worried about receiving reward, your reward is exceedingly great. [from Aggadath Berei****h 16:2; Tan. Buber, Lech Lecha 15; Pirkei d’Rabbi Eliezer ch. 27]
As was shown, Jesus said that Abraham saw His day, which resulted in the Jews to whom He said it asking Him how He, being not yet fifty years old could have seen him. To which Jesus replied, ''Before Abraham was born, I am.' Yes, the pre-incarnate Jesus saw Abraham.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-22-2018 at 05:18 AM..

Old 01-22-2018, 05:01 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
And don't forget Jacob saw God face to face and yet survived..somewhere in Genesis 30?
Abraham is a type (most of us would call him a prototype
or an imperfect picture) of Israel the nation.
Issac is a type of Jesus.
Jacob is a type of the Church.
God, in the form of Jesus, appeared to the Church, in the upper room.

Just thought I would throw that in, to stir the pot.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:15 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Mike555, Great topic! Good verses from John, how revealing...not something I have ever pondered!
Yes, Genesis 32:24-32 actually. This man that had wrestled with Jacob was no ordinary angel but was in fact the angel of the Lord which was none other than the pre-incarnate Jesus who appeared in human flesh.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
There are other instances where in Scripture indicates Jesus appeared in the OT.

One such time is recorded in Judges 13. It is the dialogue between the wife, the husband and the man sent by God identified as "the angel of the LORD"\ "the man of God" ... which if the account is read in it's entirety can only lead to Jesus as being present.
In part it reads:
vs 3 And the angel of the LORD appeared to the woman and said to her, “Behold, you are barren and have not borne children, but you shall conceive and bear a son.

vs 6 Then the woman came and told her husband, “A man of God came to me, and his
appearance was like the appearance of the angel of God, very awesome. I did not ask him
where he was from, and he did not tell me his name,

vs 8 Then Manoah prayed to the LORD and said, “O Lord, please let the man of God whom you sent come again to us and teach us what we are to do with the child who will be born.”

vs 9 And God listened to the voice of Manoah, and the angel of God came again to the woman as she sat in the field. But Manoah her husband was not with her.

vs 10 So the woman ran quickly and told her husband, “Behold, the man who came to me the other day has appeared to me.”

vs 11 And Manoah arose and went after his wife and came to the man and said to him, “Are you the man who spoke to this woman?” And he said, “I am.”

vs 17
And Manoah said to the angel of the LORD, “What is your name, so that, when your words come true, we may honor you?”

vs 21 The angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was the angel of the LORD.”

vs 22 And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, for we have seen God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity