Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 03:17 PM

1,183 posts, read 540,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
But you are saying that your faith is based on the bible being 100% perfect whereas we are told to put our trust in the spirit of God which is in Christ.
There is a common thread among the non Elect to inteject accusatory questions or repeat statements that was never uttered or referenced. In other words, not telling the truth. I wonder if they even realize that they do it.

You were told to put your trust in the Spirit of God which is in Christ? That doesn’t make any sense. The Father is God, Jesus is God, The Spirit is God. Yet, there is only One God. Impossible for humans to comprehend on this side of life.

Last edited by SumTingy; 03-04-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
bedroom is a literary metaphor for STAY OUTTA OTHER PEOPLES LIVES...

And yet you have no issue telling other people what to do.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,966,428 times
Quote:
But you are saying that your faith is based on the bible being 100% perfect whereas we are told to put our trust in the spirit of God which is in Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
There is a common thread among the non Elect to inteject accusatory questions or repeat statements that was never uttered or referenced. In other words, not telling the truth. I wonder if they even realize that they do it.

You were told to put your trust in the Spirit of God which is in Christ? That doesn’t make any sense. The Father is God, Jesus is God, The Spirit is God. Yet, there is only One God. Impossible for humans to comprehend on this side of life.
ummm, are you in any way addressing the point that there is no biblical basis for the idea that faith should be IN the Bible or in the authority of the Bible?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:

Are you suggesting that you comprehend it on this side of life/death, or are you not human?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:53 PM

11,940 posts, read 3,766,588 times
Quote:

I read that this is so

So who are the elect?

Romans 8:9
Verse Concepts
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

1 Peter 1:11
Verse Concepts
seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Galatians 4:6
Verse Concepts
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Romans 8:2
Verse Concepts
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Religion is not the way to God..... it sets the groundwork but then you need to follow the spirit and not man

There is a new man who is not Jew or gentile, but one in Christ...... I don’t believe that this is talking about individuals but about Israel which is the elect

Old 03-04-2018, 06:14 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nothing is confusing, but the source of your faith that the Bible is 100% true and infallible must be based on someone or something or did it just come to you in a dream?
Quote:
Ok, I understand. I don’t think you can have 100% faith in anything. That percentage crosses over to knowing.
I was 37 before becoming a believer. I had Childlike faith in the beginning. The study of apologetics later confirmed my trust.
Anyone who is honest about who they are and pray humble prayers to the Lord I do believe that He will, in His time, reveal Himself enough to have a solid firm belief.
It is NOT an issue of a firm belief and trust in Jesus and God. That makes sense. The issue is having a firm belief and faith in everything in the Bible written by fallible men or in your case the fallible men who wrote the apologetics you read.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I read that this is so

So who are the elect?

Romans 8:9
Verse Concepts
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

1 Peter 1:11
Verse Concepts
seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Galatians 4:6
Verse Concepts
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Romans 8:2
Verse Concepts
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Religion is not the way to God..... it sets the groundwork but then you need to follow the spirit and not man

There is a new man who is not Jew or gentile, but one in Christ...... I don’t believe that this is talking about individuals but about Israel which is the elect
Your statement ‘trust in the Spirit of God which is in Christ?’ Makes it sound like the Spirit of God or part of God is in Christ. Those passages just reaffirms what I wrote that there is one God consisting of 3 persons, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

You are trying to make some point or argument about something I never said.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Are you suggesting that you comprehend it on this side of life/death, or are you not human?
You are right. I am not human. And I can also see into the future.

I hope you dont have any plans for next Thursday because you are going to.... shoot someone is calling me. Gotta go.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM

16,833 posts, read 5,045,285 times
Quote:
fundamentalism definition

strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline. An unwavering attachment to a set of irreducible beliefs.

In other words, a firm belief that the Bible is the infallible, inspired Word of God. And our faith and belief in Jesus our Lord, we have hope for eternal life
I've highlighted one of my problems with fundamentalism. What happens when you discover new information that goes against your beliefs?

I've had 1 person use 2 Peter 2 talking about false teachers to get around the fact that several early Christians said the NT HAD been changed (Dionysius of Corinth, Tertullian, Eusebius). they didn't like this new information.

If I'm the false teacher, I did give a reference for them to check.

If Eusebius is a false teacher, that makes most of Christianity suspect, as the writings of Eusebius account for most of what we know about the early Christian church.

And if Tertullian is a false teacher, bang goes the trinity, as he was the first person to formulate that doctrine.

Typically the person didn't respond, but then if I'd destroyed the church, I'd have to blank that out too.

But then that means you are forcing your theology onto reality instead of allowing reality to determine your theology.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:24 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,966,428 times
Quote:
You are right. I am not human. And I can also see into the future.

I hope you dont have any plans for next Thursday because you are going to.... shoot someone is calling me. Gotta go.
I guess that call also prevented you from answering the questions about why you propose belief in something God did not promise to the detriment of what IS promised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity