Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 PM

1,183 posts, read 540,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Seriously? Thousands of "theologians" who have been wrangling about the religion they have built on the simple Way Jesus taught because of THEIR vested interest in the various warring organizations throughout history is your REASON for accepting the particular orthodoxy YOU espouse?

What ARE you THINKING?

Lol! Nice deflection for posting something you've read on a blog.

Last edited by SumTingy; 03-05-2018 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 06:03 AM

16,848 posts, read 5,046,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Lets see. Thousands of theologians throughout the centuries devoted their life studying the ancient manuscripts ensuring accuracy of the Scripture. But wait! Here comes a 21 century nonbeliever who read a blog about early Christians.
You read your apologetics from blogs. I read Eusebius (ca 300 AD) and Tertullian (ca 200 AD). You know, the sources.

You can find them here - CCEL Questions and Answers - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

The mission of the Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL) is to build up the church by making classic Christian literature widely available and promoting its use for edification and study by interested Christians, seekers and scholars. The CCEL accomplishes this by selecting, collecting, distributing, and promoting valuable literature through the World Wide Web and other media.

Look behind you, your pants are burning.

Quote:
This non believer has no formal education in ancient Greek,
You could have asked instead of just inventing stuff.

My grandparents are Greek, as is my mother. My father was German only because he was born here, culturally he was Greek. His first language, like mine was Greek.

Being raised in the Greek Orthodox church, our liturgy was in Koine Greek. You know, the same Greek the NT was written in.

My Bible study was done in German for the OT, and Koine Greek for the NT. You know, the same Greek the NT was written in.

BURN

Quote:
Aramaic, or Hebrew.
Neither do you. You get all your apologetics from blogs.

BURN

Quote:
But lets all follow him because he knows what he is talking about.
You are for once correct.

Quote:
Afterall, he read it on the Internet so it must be true,

Bonjour!
And once again you dismiss yourself with your inventions.

See, that's the major problem with fundamentalism. They can't help but lie when proven to be wrong. Which makes their theological point of view worthless, their life a lie.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You read your apologetics from blogs. I read Eusebius (ca 300 AD) and Tertullian (ca 200 AD). You know, the sources.

You can find them here - CCEL Questions and Answers - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

The mission of the Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL) is to build up the church by making classic Christian literature widely available and promoting its use for edification and study by interested Christians, seekers and scholars. The CCEL accomplishes this by selecting, collecting, distributing, and promoting valuable literature through the World Wide Web and other media.

Look behind you, your pants are burning.

You could have asked instead of just inventing stuff.

My grandparents are Greek, as is my mother. My father was German only because he was born here, culturally he was Greek. His first language, like mine was Greek.

Being raised in the Greek Orthodox church, our liturgy was in Koine Greek. You know, the same Greek the NT was written in.

My Bible study was done in German for the OT, and Koine Greek for the NT. You know, the same Greek the NT was written in.

BURN

Neither do you. You get all your apologetics from blogs.

BURN

You are for once correct.

And once again you dismiss yourself with your inventions.

See, that's the major problem with fundamentalism. They can't help but lie when proven to be wrong. Which makes their theological point of view worthless, their life a lie.
Last time I am going to answer you because you are so far out there in accusations and none of what your wrote isn't worth the disturbance of electrons. It seems like Everything you wrote is a lie or distortion of the truth. I can easily dismiss your accusations but you would just jump on another series of blogs and post another diatribe of insults.

It is a terrible way to live. No one believes you other than the people who are like minded in hatred. All that hate is going to eat you up. People will pray for you if you request it. Just trying to help you

Old 03-06-2018, 07:05 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,967,711 times
Denial is not a river.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:34 AM

16,848 posts, read 5,046,972 times
Quote:
Last time I am going to answer you because you are so far out there in accusations and none of what your wrote isn't worth the disturbance of electrons. It seems like Everything you wrote is a lie or distortion of the truth. I can easily dismiss your accusations but you would just jump on another series of blogs and post another diatribe of insults.

It is a terrible way to live. No one believes you other than the people who are like minded in hatred. All that hate is going to eat you up. People will pray for you if you request it. Just trying to help you
I gave you links to Christian web sites so you could verify this for yourself.

Your need to misrepresent this as me lying while avoiding to search for the truth yourself is most amusing. And dishonest.

Bye bye, Forrest, bye bye.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Your need to misrepresent this as me lying while avoiding to search for the truth yourself is most amusing. And dishonest.

So, we have ANOTHER one. BIG surprise.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
Quote:
Denial is not a river.
It is ...if you follow the ways of Egypt.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:

Folks,

The Scriptures are God inspired and can be trusted. Yet we have people who just contempt for he Word and come here to cause trouble. Don’t let the dead try to sway you.

This link is from a very trusted Christian organization.

https://www.gotquestions.org/trust-the-Bible.html

Old 03-06-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Folks,

The Scriptures are God inspired and can be trusted. Yet we have people who just contempt for he Word and come here to cause trouble. Don’t let the dead try to sway you.

This link is from a very trusted Christian organization.

https://www.gotquestions.org/trust-the-Bible.html
That link is from a known polemical organization and all the evidence both internal and external indicate that the doctrine of Sola Scriptura is just as much without foundation as the doctrine of church supremacy it was meant to combat. Both sides claim the guidance of the Spirit for their claims, but neither side references compliance with the nature OF that Spirit as revealed by Jesus to substantiate their claims. It would seem that both ideas recognize that the Spirit is all that was promised, but both make that Spirit subject to their chosen "authority."

Old 03-06-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
That link is from a known polemical organization and all the evidence both internal and external indicate that the doctrine of Sola Scriptura is just as much without foundation as the doctrine of church supremacy it was meant to combat. Both sides claim the guidance of the Spirit for their claims, but neither side references compliance with the nature OF that Spirit as revealed by Jesus to substantiate their claims. It would seem that both ideas recognize that the Spirit is all that was promised, but both make that Spirit subject to their chosen "authority."

Folks,

gotquestions.org is only very controversial to only those who oppose God’s Word. The articles are written by several authors. Obviously, agreement for everything written is nearly impossible for any site. However, the postings are well established in the faith. The negativity you might hear about the site is that it is conservative , whatever the heck that means.

The simple fact is you can put your trust into Jesus Christ and the SCRIPTURES that tells you about who He is, why He came to Earth, and His ministry. Or, you can go with the dead and face eternal damnation. The choice is obvious. Put your faith into God’s Word.

Last edited by SumTingy; 03-06-2018 at 07:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity