Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 02:03 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
A lot of us are not attacking the Bible, we're saying God can and does speak to us directly. If He doesn't speak to you, I think that's ok, He does to me.
Does it conflict with scripture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 02:03 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Again...maybe you're just not capable of grasping the irony that you attack the very thing you look to as "wonderful". I just can't get past that.
How am i attacking it? by saying it is not inerrant and infallible?. For a Baptist Fundamentalist, who as plenty to say but nothing scriptural, is kinda weird, it seems like a new trend with the latest crop of so called bible believers that have appeared on here. Those accused of hating and trashing the scriptures are quoting it far more those who profess to believe it. LOL

Sumtingy sort him out will ya

Old 03-16-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, for the 749th time (more or less) it is not the Bible that is authoritative, it is the confirmation of the
Spirit described and demonstrated and PROMISED by Jesus. When you can show me that a person who claims his doctrines are Spirit-led AND shows it by reference to the revealed character OF that Spirit, I will pay attention. Until then it is just doctrines of men.
Why should I believe you over Peter or John, who walked with Jesus, or the Apostle Paul, who Peter confirmed, or the prophets, who Jesus confirmed? They all claimed to be Spirit-led.

At this point, your thoughts are just doctrines of a man on the internet.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:10 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Does it conflict with scripture?
Nothing He (not it,He ) says conflicts with scripture

Old 03-16-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Nothing He (not it,He ) says conflicts with scripture

Old 03-16-2018, 02:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,043,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How am i attacking it? by saying it is not inerrant and infallible?.
Yes. You'd have me believe that it's good enough to prove the points you wish to make...but it's not infallible, so we can't REALLY trust it. That's just very curious.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Incomplete would be a better word. God is love PERIOD is an out of balance theology and as dangerous as the fundamentalists who preach TRUTH only. John 3:16 reveals the complete story:

God is love.
God is holy.
The only problem here is that you think "holy" is inconsistent with "love." You seem to think that God has multiple personality disorder. For a new paradigm on "holy" check out the actions of the "holy" men in the Parable of the Good Samaritan compared to the one who was not so regarded, but demonstrated that he WAS set apart for God's purpose.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:07 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,043,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The only problem here is that you think "holy" is inconsistent with "love." You seem to think that God has multiple personality disorder. For a new paradigm on "holy" check out the actions of the "holy" men in the Parable of the Good Samaritan compared to the one who was not so regarded, but demonstrated that he WAS set apart for God's purpose.
Really? We're the ones that think that he can actually have more than one attribute and we believe what Scripture says, rather than camping on 1 obscure verse and ignoring the clear teaching of other passages.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:20 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Yes. You'd have me believe that it's good enough to prove the points you wish to make...but it's not infallible, so we can't REALLY trust it. That's just very curious.
How can i attack that which i love?, that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face ?. love the scriptures. You're thinking is messed up. The scriptures do not have to prove anything to me, i quote them on here because the boast of every fundamentalist is if it's not in the bible i don't believe it, so i use it for your benefit not mine. The other thing is will never believe anything a fundamentalist says unless it is clear in the scriptures and then it has to line up with what Jesus taught.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Really? We're the ones that think that he can actually have more than one attribute and we believe what Scripture says, rather than camping on 1 obscure verse and ignoring the clear teaching of other passages.
The problem here is that you think the attributes conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity