Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 11:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Kind of a non-sequitur. We can certainly love foreigners (even discussing what that word means, Biblically), but what our government does politically is not really relevant.
Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 11:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,386,975 times
Quote:
Why are you trying to quote Scripture if it's just about a mystical relationship with Jesus?
There is nothing mystical about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I only quoted Jesus.

I am sorry if it offends you.
Your lack of comprehension doesn't offend me.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:14 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Why are you trying to quote Scripture if it's just about a mystical relationship with Jesus?
Where have you got that idea?. It is a union with God in you.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 2 Cor 13:5

Re sit the test, there is no fee for doing so, just humbling yourself(actually that does prove to be expensive at times).

Old 03-16-2018, 11:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What he reveals does not require a book, but that of an open heart.
Amen to that.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,043,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where have you got that idea?. It is a union with God in you.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 2 Cor 13:5

Re sit the test, there is no fee for doing so, just humbling yourself(actually that does prove to be expensive at times).
Again...you actually refer to a Bible verse....good for you. But then you tell me that it's just about this mystical relationship with this creature named Jesus...so why do you quote the verse? What good does that do for you if you don't believe it's authoritative?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Your lack of comprehension doesn't offend me.
Something did. Something caused you to come up with that weird comment. You tried to explain my view, and now you are arguing I don't comprehend it.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,043,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Amen to that.
You agree that it's ONLY in the Bible that we can know who God is?

Great!

Old 03-16-2018, 11:36 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Again...you actually refer to a Bible verse....good for you. But then you tell me that it's just about Jesus...so why do you quote the verse? What good does that do for you if you don't believe it's authoritative?
Of cause the whole thing is about Jesus. He is in all things and created all things

Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are, and were created. He embodies all things

It's all about HIM, your bible says so. Him who reveals the Father to us. As he revealed the Father to you yet?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Again...you actually refer to a Bible verse....good for you. But then you tell me that it's just about this mystical relationship with this creature named Jesus...so why do you quote the verse? What good does that do for you if you don't believe it's authoritative?
He said he used to worship the book

Old 03-16-2018, 11:41 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
What he reveals does not require a book, but that of an open heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Amen to that.
The foundation is that God loves us -- each of us. We can become aware of different aspects of how that beautiful foundation can be realized and lived out in many ways, especially through our own unique experiences. But, also through the thoughts of others who have experienced that love, in whatever way their thoughts have been expressed (including being written down in books like the bible).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity