Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 04:39 PM

140 posts, read 72,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
If you think someone is breaking forum rules let the moderators know, but just disagreeing with you about your perception of the bible is not breaking the forum rules. Also everyone is allowed their opinion, it is not for you to say what opinions people can hold.
Asking someone to read the forum rules is just that, nothing more. It means exactly what was posted.

Tou'd need to go back and read further if you want to read into it much further than that

https://www.city-data.com/forum/51315352-post490.html

Thanks for your input though a pennys value for your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 06:02 PM

1,183 posts, read 540,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Usual suspects are at it again. They just can't help making stuff up
There is a common thread with a select group of them.

*believes parts of the Bible when referencing the Holy Spirit and Jesus. All other Scrpture is a lie or corrupted

*never give a straight honest answer. A simple yes/no question response usually a copied/past exercise with some verses mixed with other passages without any logical thought. They feel it proves their point

*refuse to accept that Jesus is God and co equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. They use terms as Jesus is the ‘Son of God’ and He is ‘like minded’. Many non Christian religions believe the same. Yet they deny the diety of Christ

*attack and ridicule the Elect for thinking the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit. It almost appears to be systematic. Interesting that they tend to ignore mockers who ridicule Christianity but focus in on Bible believers

*reference the Spirit constantly. They Feel that the Spirit repeatedly talks to them and He tells them knowledge about God, self, and the world around them. The Elect hears the Holy Spirit and is guided by Him. Yet we don’t receive marching orders or directives as claimed by this group.

*refuse to answer what church or group they belong or associate with. I think They do have a nest (web site) where they blog about their practices, web sites to invade, and other unknown topics.

Just my opinion, of course

Old 03-15-2018, 06:10 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,381,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny4YourThoughts View Post
Asking someone to read the forum rules is just that, nothing more. It means exactly what was posted.

Tou'd need to go back and read further if you want to read into it much further than that

https://www.city-data.com/forum/51315352-post490.html

Thanks for your input though a pennys value for your thoughts

The moderators are aware of the fact that there are aspects of Christianity that not every member accepts,
or even feels to be correct in terms of another member's beliefs of what Christianity is. It is absolutely fine to disagree with another member regarding this, even to the point of stating that you feel they are wrong, and explaining your reasons why. But what is NOT acceptable, and what takes place on this forum every day is to attack that person for what in essence, is an integral part of who they are in what is highly personal to them in their perception of Christianity, and scripture, and is something they base their live's on, and what greatly defines who they are as individuals upon.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

The moderators are aware of the fact that there are aspects of Christianity that not every member accepts,
or even feels to be correct in terms of another member's beliefs of what Christianity is. It is absolutely fine to disagree with another member regarding this, even to the point of stating that you feel they are wrong, and explaining your reasons why. But what is NOT acceptable, and what takes place on this forum every day is to attack that person for what in essence, is an integral part of who they are in what is highly personal to them in their perception of Christianity, and scripture, and is something they base their live's on, and what greatly defines who they are as individuals upon.

If you don’t accept parts of Christianity then you are something else . There is a philosophy, agnostic, and PAGANISM. You might feel more comfortable there rather than dealing with those pesky, Bible believing Elect folks.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
If you don’t accept parts of Christianity then you are something else . There is a philosophy, agnostic, and PAGANISM. You might feel more comfortable there rather than dealing with those pesky, Bible believing Elect folks.
You are not the last word on christianity.... who do you think you are ?. Like i said you are no more an elect person than the worst of those you consider sinners.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:21 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,860,276 times
Quote:
There is a common thread with a select group of them.

*believes parts of the Bible when referencing the Holy Spirit and Jesus. All other Scrpture is a lie or corrupted

*never give a straight honest answer. A simple yes/no question response usually a copied/past exercise with some verses mixed with other passages without any logical thought. They feel it proves their point

*refuse to accept that Jesus is God and co equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. They use terms as Jesus is the ‘Son of God’ and He is ‘like minded’. Many non Christian religions believe the same. Yet they deny the diety of Christ

*attack and ridicule the Elect for thinking the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit. It almost appears to be systematic. Interesting that they tend to ignore mockers who ridicule Christianity but focus in on Bible believers

*reference the Spirit constantly. They Feel that the Spirit repeatedly talks to them and He tells them knowledge about God, self, and the world around them. The Elect hears the Holy Spirit and is guided by Him. Yet we don’t receive marching orders or directives as claimed by this group.

*refuse to answer what church or group they belong or associate with. I think They do have a nest (web site) where they blog about their practices, web sites to invade, and other unknown topics.

Just my opinion, of course
*I've never said that, nor do I believe it.

*All of my answers are honest. Not all answers are a simple "yes" or "no", nuance is a thing.

*I don't refuse to accept Jesus is God. I do believe He is co-equal with God the Father and the Holy Spirit. He is also the Son of God. When Christ was baptized, God Himself said (referring to Christ) "this is MY Son, in whom I am well pleased."

*I don't feel that the Spirit repeatedly talks to me. I know He does. You don't get to say it isn't God. I know my Father's voice.

*My church affiliation is Church of God. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church...erson,_Indiana)

Old 03-15-2018, 06:34 PM

96 posts, read 45,329 times
Default need minimum understanding on word of God

If you have the minimum understanding in Bible, Bible can lead you to truth ..
John 1:1 saying word was God
John 1 : 14 saying word made flesh (Jesus)

So you can move by understanding on Bible
God bless you.. praying for you

Old 03-15-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are not the last word on christianity.... who do you think you are ?. Like i said you are no more an elect person than the worst of those you consider sinners.
Who am I? I am SumTingy! Please to meet you.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
*never give a straight honest answer. A simple yes/no question response usually a copied/past exercise with some verses mixed with other passages without any logical thought.
Ask anything and i will give you a straight answer like i always do to anyone who asks me a question, on the condition that you give your word that you do likewise. If you are not up for the challenge, please quit with this nonsense you keep spouting off.

There is a trend on this forum where 2 or 3 posters disappear and 2 or 3 more show up saying the exact same thing you are saying here.

For your information, the only thing i copy and paste on here is the scripture that i cannot quote exactly.

So fire away, let's see who is giving straight up answers and who isn't. I will let you ask the first question.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-15-2018 at 06:53 PM..

Old 03-15-2018, 06:55 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,860,276 times
Quote:
I'll ask again.

You've asked me some questions, now I have one for you. You have a very accusatory tone in most of your posts. My question is why are you here? Are you here to accuse and argue with those you disagree with, or are you here to encourage others in the faith and find fellowship with the Body of Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity