Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong for Christians to use Marijuana if it is legal where they live?
YES 13 23.64%
NO 42 76.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:16 PM

11,208 posts, read 7,263,069 times

Advertisements

This thread makes me wanna spark up. Good memories, good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 07:19 PM

11,208 posts, read 7,263,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I remember four decades ago smoking one while playing a game of chess, as we were sitting pool side.
After an hour of contemplation I finally moved a bishop, only to realize I had taken my own pawn?
I remember playing pinball once - under the influence, hee hee - and got a score way beyond anything previously. The level of concentration and "getting into the game" was amazing. That counts for something.

At the opposite end, the goof factor and messing up was fun too. Think of the creativity factor that would be lost without that.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-03-2018 at 07:30 PM..

Old 10-03-2018, 07:32 PM

23,275 posts, read 10,574,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Which I wish they would do! Instead, it seems the agriculturists of today are breeding tomatoes that stay red and firm for a long time so they look good on your supermarket shelf a week after they're picked -- at the expense of reducing the taste to that of slightly-less than cardboard.

Thank Godfrey Daniel for mayonnaise, salt and pepper, I tell ya' h'whut.*

*God bless Hank Hill.
I know right, you can't make a tomato from drip drop technology, they have no taste.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:52 PM

3,220 posts, read 932,627 times
Jesus overrides all actions but words with this;

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

Christianity trumps this with Paul's nonsense. But obviously it cannot trump it.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus overrides all actions but words with this;

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

Christianity trumps this with Paul's nonsense. But obviously it cannot trump it.
You could use a couple of toots.

Or mebbe you've had twelve too many already.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,156,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Most of the whole debate of weed is wrong came from the fact that it was illegal in most of this country for the longest, so when people in church would say they use it, they would get the trashing and hear they doing illegal activities and that is wrong.

Now that some states have it legal to use, is it wrong for a Christian to smoke weed. Ive come across youtube videos and see people on their social media pages that brag about doing it and brag about their faith too in other posts, but its technically legal in their state, so no different than smoking a cigarette in their eyes im guessing. I dont smoke anything or ever plan to, but im sure I will be accused of judging if I told another believer not to.

So is it wrong for Christians to use marijuana if they live in a legal state or should they not be using it at all (recreational use wise)?
My personal observance, having known people who drink to an excess and people who recreationally use marijuana, is that people who use marijuana don't appear to have disruptions in their lives like a heavy drinker.Alcohol, misused, seems to be more dangerous although legal at both the Federal and State level.

However, I think a Christian would have a difficult time reconciling use of any psychogenic substance for the purpose of getting high with 2 Corinthians 7:1.

If used for medicinal purposes It would be between that person's conscience and God.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:55 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,898 times
I'll submit something that many Bible thumpers should stick in their pipe:

You should not eat of the tree that Adam was commanded not to either...

Good and evil, right and wrong, black and white - none of these are life.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:35 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,965,436 times
It is not wrong for Christians to use marijuana if it is legal OR illegal where they live. The more your learn about Cannabis... the more you realize just how sick and twisted the people are who want to ban it and put people in cages for having it.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Citation or even some remote data that supports this alt-truth and fake news?
Finn believes cannabis is a killer---despite evidence I've provided that opioid use declines states where cannabis is legal.

Quote:
Letting people legally access marijuana appears to reduce reliance on addictive opioids, two new studies published by the American Medical Association find.

"Medical cannabis laws are associated with significant reductions in opioid prescribing in the Medicare Part D population," concludes one paper from researchers at the University of Georgia, Athens. "This finding was particularly strong in states that permit dispensaries, and for reductions in hydrocodone and morphine prescriptions."

The second study, from scientists at the University of Kentucky and Emory University, noted that
Quote:
"marijuana is one of the potential nonopioid alternatives that can relieve pain at a relatively lower risk of addiction and virtually no risk of overdose."
And the easier the access to legal marijuana, the lower the rate of opioid prescribing.
"States with active dispensaries saw 3.742 million fewer daily doses filled; states with home cultivation only [laws] saw 1.792 million fewer filled daily doses," ----
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#3d29c7e35696

Please note that the above study was released in April of this year.

Total deaths from inducing too much cannabis? ZERO. NADA. Not one, ever. People fall asleep long before they can overdose. One study I read stated it takes 20,000 times as much THC as is in one cannabis cigarette to kill a person.

But finn doesn't have any sense of understanding what others suffer, and is perfectly happy with them dying from pharmaceuticals.

As I've stated over and over and will continue to do so---his lack of humanity is both disturbing AND appalling.

In Colorado our current governor opposed legalizing marijuana. But it passed and he followed the will of the people.
Quote:
When Colorado voted to legalize recreational marijuana four years ago, one of the move's chief critics was Gov. John Hickenlooper.
The moderate Democrat said that if he could "wave a magic wand" to reverse the decision, he would. Then he called voters "reckless" for approving it in the first place, a remark he later downgraded to "risky."

"If I had that magic wand now, I don't know if I would wave it," he said. "It's beginning to look like it might work."
-----------
Marijuana consumption has not changed much from pre-legalization levels and there has been no significant increase in public health and safety problems, he said.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...nap-story.html

In addition, Colorado has again taken a first step in the use of medical marijuana. In June of this year a bill passed our legislature that allows medical cannabis to be given by school nurses for children whose parents consent or request the same.

Quote:
Yet again, the state of Colorado is ahead of the curve—at least, in terms of increased access to medical marijuana. Thanks to a new bill, school nurses in Colorado can now administer medical cannabis, as long as parents give consent.
https://hightimes.com/news/school-nu...ical-cannabis/

So, finn can keep on killing people with pharmaceutical drugs and refusing to admit that ALCOHOL, not cannabis, is the cause for the mass majority of auto accident deaths, despite cannabis being legally available to over 60% of the people in the United States, but it only shows up more of his hypocrisy and lack of empathy for those who suffer.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-06-2018 at 10:26 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 10:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Finn believes cannabis is a killer---despite evidence I've provided that opioid use declines states where cannabis is legal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#3d29c7e35696

Please note that this study was released in April of this year.

Total deaths from inducing too much cannabis? ZERO. NADA. Not one, ever. People fall asleep long before they can overdose. One study I read stated it takes 20,000 times as much THC as is in one cannabis cigarette to kill a person.

But finn doesn't have any sense of understanding what others suffer, and is perfectly happy with them dying from pharmaceuticals.

As I've stated over and over and will continue to do so---his lack of humanity is both disturbing AND appalling.

A lack of empathy is one of the requirements for full membership in Christian Fundyville along with deep-seated insecurity, narcissism, deliberate obtuseness, and homophobia. Moderator cut: Names removed to protect the guilty. are all charter members.

We should be grateful for their regular examples of how to recognize a rotten Christian.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-07-2018 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity