Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 01:57 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,941,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I suppose so, but you hoping we are doomed because we are not Roman Catholic and he hoping we are annihilated because we are not JWs is just bizarre to me. To make an understatement, it does not make me think either of you are nice people.

The Christian community with which I associate myself does not wish such things on anybody. We aren't perfectly nice to each other all the time, but thinking our way is the "right" way or the only way is not acceptable. That's a big difference between some Christian communities and others like yours or kjw's.

Fact-- The JW,s carry on the work Jesus began-Luke 10, Acts 20:20)--they donate millions of their free hours yearly--Don't you think they would like to be at a beach, or fishing, etc. Love for God and their fellow man makes them carry on this work, It does not stop until the end. Matthew 24:14)
There is only one way---Gods way. And Jesus said FEW will find the road. Probably because think every road leads to God--Jesus said--enter through the narrow gate= a single path. 1Cor 1:10= a true mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 02:01 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,941,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You must have enjoyed the third installment in the Terminator series, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl, Claire Danes and Kristanna Loken.

The whole world is falling apart--Havoc weather ruining manys lives daily is occurring at an alarming rate. Prices soaring because greed runs the world. 2Timothy 3 is occurring. The last days-

Old 04-21-2018, 03:42 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,573,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I suppose so, but you hoping we are doomed because we are not Roman Catholic and he hoping we are annihilated because we are not JWs is just bizarre to me. To make an understatement, it does not make me think either of you are nice people.

The Christian community with which I associate myself does not wish such things on anybody. We aren't perfectly nice to each other all the time, but thinking our way is the "right" way or the only way is not acceptable. That's a big difference between some Christian communities and others like yours or kjw's.
Well you are wrong about the Catholic church. I bet you did not listen to the video I posted.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nope.

Too much BS, not enough truth. I stopped believing by 9th grade.
Explains why you are so cynical. So why are you on the Christian site---in hopes to convince us that you are right so we can be as cynical as you?

Old 04-21-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I do get reported on here all the time for my witness of the gospel of Christ, when I point out that he was a Jew, and when I point out what he said of the law, people don't thank me for it, they report me for it. If I make a statement about the church converting to pagan ways, it's as if people think I made this up on my own, and if it's true, I shouldn't say anything, or the fact that the church outlawed the ways of God, nobody is going to thank me if I just quote historical fact, like the fact that Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, people just act as if that never took place, and I get reported for saying the truth.
Maybe if you post some links from good sources we may learn a thing or two.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:21 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,837,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Maybe if you post some links from good sources we may learn a thing or two.
Dudaim, is a treasure hidden in a feild.
Till the time of fragrant prayer, only a first born May enter.

Blessings Always.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Explains why you are so cynical. So why are you on the Christian site---in hopes to convince us that you are right so we can be as cynical as you?
I'm here for the same reason you are. This is a site for discussing Christianity.

And I discuss what is wrong with Christian fundies. And like it or not, you're one of that gang.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:42 PM

88,930 posts, read 85,461,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I feel for you, Hanni. Your revisionist history and perceptions of the mexsage of Jesus are between a rock and a hard place: Jews don't accept it as Judaism and Christians (at least the traditional ones) for the most part don't recognize it as a form of Christianity. I'm not going to help you out though because you have turned the message of Christ that it is not ABOUT religion on its head, but I get slammed from both establishment Christianity and Judaism for saying that they are both off base.

You kin cry on my shouider if I can cry on yours.
I'll make tea for the both of you.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:02 PM

3,817 posts, read 3,029,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm here for the same reason you are. This is a site for discussing Christianity.

And I discuss what is wrong with Christian fundies. And like it or not, you're one of that gang.
Since when were Catholics and Fundies mutually interchangeable?
Your mission is to undermine Christianity and theism, which are your opinions and you are welcome to, as this is an open forum not an exclusive forum.
But blanketing the two is not right here.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Since when were Catholics and Fundies mutually interchangeable?
Your mission is to undermine Christianity and theism, which are your opinions and you are welcome to, as this is an open forum not an exclusive forum.
But blanketing the two is not right here.
Speak for yourself.

Not all Catholics are liberal, or liberal-light. There are still dinosaurs educated in the 40s and 50s who cling to ultra-conservative Catholicism.

Janelle is one. She is a fundie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity