Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 09:02 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
The Church of Christ is not moderate. They left behind that theology when they split from the Disciples of Christ. They are fundamentalist in many of their beliefs... baptism by immersion, bible is inerrant etc.
Well no WONDER she dumped them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 09:37 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know, but I could write something and call it God-breathed, too. I'm sure he truly believed it was. Heck, I HAVE written things I felt very strongly were inspired.

Some people agreed, some did not. That's how it goes with people who write.
You certainly could write something and call it what you want. The question is whether or not apostles that walked and talked with Jesus would agree that your words are God-breathed. Paul had the endorsement of the other apostles.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:21 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Default in

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://churchpop.com/2018/04/02/maj...with-pictures/

She has a lot of followers on her YouTube channel.
Match this one against the multiple tens of thousands that have left the R.C. church in recent years. My hometown had three churches with about eleven masses altogether on Sunday. They are down to two churches with four thinly attended masses, and one is a token ethnic church with one mass on Sunday and that's it. Churches in "Catholic" Ireland are dying...and on and on it goes.

The R.C. is in a major crisis, and this woman's conversion is as nothing against that.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:44 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
So, deep in the Amazon jungle there is this man. Let’s say his name is Nimbyah. He was raised by 2 loving parents, was very thoughtful of his neighbors, helped those in need, gave a portion of his food to a local man who was elderly and could no longer hunt. Married a woman and raised 2 children. Never hurt anyone and always felt terrible and repented if he ever did anything wrong. But Nimbyah doesn’t know Christ. He may have heard the name and a brief story about Him from rare visitors to his village.

Nimbyah dies.

Are you telling me that Nimbyah is spending an eternity in the fires of hell?

My God wouldn’t do that.
according to the conquering nations, the hypothetical nimbyah and his entire family culture was vilified and Lied about before being slaughtered for not slaving in the fields to feed the wealthy trade barons and their self imposing royal families.

they can try and paint history however they like.

The All Mighty knows, and so the judge of the quick and the dead is not something i would withhold from an entire continent that has now since dissolved into Waring factions due to the RCC having withheld from giving the people Sound Teaching to worship in Spirit and Truth.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The Church of Christ is not moderate. They left behind that theology when they split from the Disciples of Christ. They are fundamentalist in many of their beliefs... baptism by immersion, bible is inerrant etc.
true, i have many Coc friends.
she lied while likely reading from a script.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:00 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You certainly could write something and call it what you want. The question is whether or not apostles that walked and talked with Jesus would agree that your words are God-breathed. Paul had the endorsement of the other apostles.
So far, none of the apostles have commented on anything I've ever written one way or the other. Probably because they are dead.

But seriously, folks, they were still people, and I'm pretty sure Peter didn't read, review and comment on every letter Paul sent. I doubt Peter could read in the first place. They did endorse Paul as a genuine follower of Christ, which was important given that he was out to kill them a few years earlier. Many who knew of Saul of Tarsus would not have trusted him.

It's just another instance of where the claimed inerrancy by teasing out a verse or two from the Bible is taken as a hill to die on.

It seems to make sense to you. It does not to me.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
One of the most beautiful aspects i love about visiting my Coc friends.
They Sing so well.
And the music hymnals are written wonderfully, which is an Inspiration that can only come from One place.

They are a Blessed congregation.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Because we all know that God's TRUE religion is headquartered out of Brooklyn, NY?

They moved.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Now what is this all about?
You can't be happy cause somebody joined the church?

Aren't you Catholic as well?

The Facts of Israelite God worship history-- The teachings of Jesus point to the JW teachers.
The religion that came out of Rome was not the religion Jesus began many years before( Acts24:5, 1Cor 1:10)-- They were basically all killed because the world hates the truth Jesus brought. Went underground at best after. The religion that came out of Rome brought in statues, icons, graven images into their churches and homes--many errors in dogma, many errors in translations. No protestant religion ever fixed most of the wrongs.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
He's a JW. Radically different theology. Both claim to be God's only true church, ironically, though.

They murdered-Jesus, apostles( not John) and the followers back then for that Radically different theology. BecAuse the world hates truth, It exposes them.

If you saw the segregation in the Baptist bible belt to this day---comes from fear and hate. Jesus taught--Love, peace, unity.
The world has been filled with fear leading them like sheep to this disaster for them-Rev 16--Every kingdom on earth. The image of the beast looks very good to the mortal heart--they surely wouldn't fall for it if it looked bad to their heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity