Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 04:12 AM

3,817 posts, read 3,029,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Facts of Israelite God worship history-- The teachings of Jesus point to the JW teachers.
The religion that came out of Rome was not the religion Jesus began many years before( Acts24:5, 1Cor 1:10)-- They were basically all killed because the world hates the truth Jesus brought. Went underground at best after. The religion that came out of Rome brought in statues, icons, graven images into their churches and homes--many errors in dogma, many errors in translations. No protestant religion ever fixed most of the wrongs.
What, like the Trinity? Or the Sabbath?
Other than that they changed everything, then groups like yours changed everything to suit themselves too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 04:15 AM

3,817 posts, read 3,029,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
The Church of Christ is not moderate. They left behind that theology when they split from the Disciples of Christ. They are fundamentalist in many of their beliefs... baptism by immersion, bible is inerrant etc.
Baptism is essential to salvation I think is different to most fundies.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:07 AM

88,930 posts, read 85,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Titanic sank the morning of April 15, 1912.
The date brought it to the the forefront of remembrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pywFRpEcZA
I was a Titanic freak (and an overall disaster junkie since childhood starting with learning about Pompeii) long before that movie came out.

April 15 is the birthday of one of my sisters. US Tax day, sinking of the Titanic, the death of Abraham Lincoln.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,837,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
HUH, that is so messed up, sorry, LOL
what is sad, is how you would find such cruelty to be amusing..

such lust for power by any means of lawlessness will come to an end.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,110,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So far, none of the apostles have commented on anything I've ever written one way or the other. Probably because they are dead.

But seriously, folks, they were still people, and I'm pretty sure Peter didn't read, review and comment on every letter Paul sent. I doubt Peter could read in the first place. They did endorse Paul as a genuine follower of Christ, which was important given that he was out to kill them a few years earlier. Many who knew of Saul of Tarsus would not have trusted him.

It's just another instance of where the claimed inerrancy by teasing out a verse or two from the Bible is taken as a hill to die on.

It seems to make sense to you. It does not to me.
Write something. We'll see if it lines up with the writings of the apostles.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:46 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,110,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
They murdered-Jesus, apostles( not John) and the followers back then for that Radically different theology. BecAuse the world hates truth, It exposes them.

If you saw the segregation in the Baptist bible belt to this day---comes from fear and hate. Jesus taught--Love, peace, unity.
The world has been filled with fear leading them like sheep to this disaster for them-Rev 16--Every kingdom on earth. The image of the beast looks very good to the mortal heart--they surely wouldn't fall for it if it looked bad to their heart.
I'm Baptist. We are a mostly white church because we have mostly white folks in town. It proportionally reflects those in town. People of color are welcome in our church, and there are some non-white folks in our church.

But thanks for painting everyone with a nice broad brush.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:08 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,837,742 times
Quote:
Maybe go see the new movie about St. Paul and St. Luke. It may give you a clearer picture of what went on back then.
No Baptism no conversation.

Why watch a movie that is likely written and produced with a leaven of malice, fully intending to openly mock the Most High and the Holy One of Yisrayl

the Messiah died for our sins, in accordance with what the TaNakh says; 4 and he was buried; and he was raised on the third day, in accordance with what the TaNakh says;
and he was seen by Kefa, then by the Twelve; 6 and afterwards he was seen by more than five hundred brothers at one time, the majority of whom are still alive, though some have died. 7 Later he was seen by Ya‘akov, then by all the emissaries; 8 and last of all he was seen by me, even though I was born at the wrong time. 9 For I am the least of all the emissaries, unfit to be called an emissary, because I persecuted the Messianic Community of God. 10 But by God’s grace I am what I am, and his grace towards me was not in vain; on the contrary, I have worked harder than all of them, although it was not I but the grace of God with me. 11 Anyhow, whether I or they, this is what we proclaim, and this is what you believed.

12 But if it has been proclaimed that the Messiah has been raised from the dead, how is it that some of you are saying there is no such thing as a resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then the Messiah has not been raised; 14 and if the Messiah has not been raised, then what we have proclaimed is in vain; also your trust is in vain; 15 furthermore, we are shown up as false witnesses for God in having testified that God raised up the Messiah, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then the Messiah has not been raised either; 17 and if the Messiah has not been raised, your trust is useless, and you are still in your sins. 18 Also, if this is the case, those who died in union with the Messiah are lost. 19 If it is only for this life that we have put our hope in the Messiah, we are more pitiable than anyone.

20 But the fact is that the Messiah has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have died. 21 For since death came through a man, also the resurrection of the dead has come through a man. 22 For just as in connection with Adam all die, so in connection with the Messiah all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: the Messiah is the firstfruits; then those who belong to the Messiah, at the time of his coming; 24 then the culmination, when he hands over the Kingdom to God the Father, after having put an end to every rulership, yes, to every authority and power. 25 For he has to rule until he puts all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be done away with will be death, 27 for “He put everything in subjection under his feet.”[a] But when it says that “everything” has been subjected, obviously the word does not include God, who is himself the one subjecting everything to the Messiah. 28 Now when everything has been subjected to the Son, then he will subject himself to God, who subjected everything to him; so that God may be everything in everyone.

What is it about the beast roaming around ephesus that needs to be rendered.
29 Were it otherwise, what would the people accomplish who are immersed on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not actually raised, why are people immersed for them? 30 For that matter, we ourselves — why do we keep facing danger hour by hour? 31 Brothers, by the right to be proud which the Messiah Yeshua our Lord gives me, I solemnly tell you that I die every day. 32 If my fighting with “wild beasts” in Ephesus was done merely on a human basis, what do I gain by it? If dead people are not raised, we might as well live by the saying, “Let’s eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!”[b] 33 Don’t be fooled. “Bad company ruins good character.” 34 Come to your senses! Live righteously and stop sinning! There are some people who lack knowledge of God —

I say this to your shame.

ole paul being an apostle along with john also.
What is it that roams around ephesus.
“To the angel[a] of the church in Ephesus write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor:

You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-13-2018 at 12:39 PM..

Old 04-13-2018, 12:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,474,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Write something. We'll see if it lines up with the writings of the apostles.
Babies smile in their sleep because they are listening to the whisperings within their dreams, that small, still voice. It's either that, or they're passing gas expelling what isn't needed. By the way, ALL babies, everyone of them (collectively) are precious. Take a moment and think about that!

Now, see if you can line this up with something said by the Apostles?

Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,941,983 times
Quote:
You are writing about the earliest Christians. I will follow what they did since they knew Jesus personally or were close to those who did. Sure they had to hide or be killed but they never died out completely or Christianity would have died out completely.

If you do--you must serve a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) that is 100% fact.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:15 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,941,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm Baptist. We are a mostly white church because we have mostly white folks in town. It proportionally reflects those in town. People of color are welcome in our church, and there are some non-white folks in our church.

But thanks for painting everyone with a nice broad brush.

It didn't need to be painted---all of creation has witnessed it. You ever been down in the bible belt???? the majority are predjudice as hell. I heard 4 year olds exclaim--I cant wait to go to school and kill Ni--ers. Handed to them from their parents. There was-NEVER - a segregated church in Gods true religion---EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity