Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 02:33 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,036,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, He does not intend to save all people.
No Mike He does not intend to save all people, He intends to reconcile all people back to Himself.

"..so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it—the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. In Him we also have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will, so that we should be devoted to the extolling of His glorious attributes.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
But rose did you not know all +all = some
My brother, these clowns make it hard to believe in the restitution of "some" things. Where are you studying math?>>>>> "All+all=some" Rose is going back to bed!

Old 06-09-2018, 03:45 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
I never thought that i would hear you say this.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Nope:

What then? If some did not believe, does their unbelief nullify the faithfulness of God? Absolutely not! Let God be proven true, and every human being shown up as a liar,...

Does not say anything about saving all men. You should read Romans particularly Chapter 3.People's unbelief does NOT nullify God's faithfulness in Christ's work on the cross. Complete opposite of what you said! You think if everyone does not believe then God does fail.
Nothing nullifies what God has done. Why ? Because God is faithful to his own word which is his will. Death and Life are in the power of the spoken word. For God's word to fail, God must have spoken death.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:16 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,397,591 times
Quote:
what a horrible thought Mike. Just think about what you just said.

God does not intend to save all people

How can any thinking christian actually believe those words, they are words of death, not life.

Mike I truly hope you just misspoke here.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:40 AM

Quote:

How can any thinking christian actually believe those words, they are words of death, not life.

I prefer "he did everything he could to save all" than "it was never his intention to save", both i know fall short of how many of the ALL who have and are are seeing God is the Savior of All.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:51 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,397,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I prefer "he did everything he could to save all" than "it was never his intention to save", both i know fall short of how many of the ALL who have and are are seeing God is the Savior of All.
Ya but if he had of said it that way he would be admitting God failed to do what he set out to do, which we know he will never admit to but we can see it in almost every post he posts.

God simply cant save everyone because of free will, now why would free will be so large an obstacle to a never failing God.

God knows what it takes to bring each and everyone into a willing fellowship with him and I for one do not think he could ever fail. Obviously many do think he will fail, sadly.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
I've mentioned a number of times on this forum that I believe in a so called age of accountability. That anyone who is incapable of making a faith decision is automatically saved.
Mike, this is indeed wonderful news! We know a girl who has the mental capacity of a child less than 5 years of age. She, and millions of others across our little globe with the same capacity as her, I assume can apply for the "age of accountability rule". Do you have any idea how twisted and incomplete your knowledge of our gracious and loving Heavenly Father (Abba) really is?

"In one way or another, God makes sure that we all experience what it means to be outside so that he can personally open the door and welcome us back in."

Old 06-09-2018, 05:38 AM

No we have not forgotten you, Shiloh. A different question for you, or your twin Mike if he cares to answer.

Would you like to venture a guess as to the numbers of individual worldwide who suffer from mental issues in various degrees? Assuming the "age of accountability" rule applies, are we able to extend a little slack to any of them?

WHO | Mental disorders affect one in four people

"The whole of created life shall be delivered.."

Old 06-09-2018, 06:12 AM

33,311 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
No, He does not intend to save all people. And the contrast between those who are resurrected to eternal life and those who are resurrected to disgrace and everlasting contempt and judgment makes that clear. The two groups are mutually exclusive and are not interchangeable. Those who are resurrected to eternal life will always have eternal life while those who are resurrected to disgrace, everlasting contempt, and judgment will always remain in that status. (Daniel 12:2; John 5:28-29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I never thought that i would hear you say this.
Quote:

God the Father sent Jesus into the world to die for the sins of the world (unlimited atonement) thus making salvation possible for everyone. The gift of salvation is offered to all. But that doesn't automatically save anyone. A person has to respond to the gospel by placing his faith in Christ Jesus in order to saved. A person can refuse to come to Jesus for salvation and remain under eternal condemnation. That person will not be saved. God does not intend to save anyone against their will. While God desires that all men be saved, that simply is not going to happen and the Bible quite clearly makes a distinction between those who will be resurrected to eternal life and those who will be resurrected to eternal punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity