Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:17 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That makes no sense in the context of coming to Christ. How can you come to Christ in love when it is new to you? The love you speak of is developed as we grow in Christ.
Jesus says we must come in humbleness, aware of our broken state.
If you are focused on what YOU are or are not, you are focused selfishly on yourself and not God and others. That is NOT the love of Jesus. If you do not love as Jesus did, you cannot know God or Jesus.

John 17:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And I have declared unto them thy name and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Galatians 5:6King James Version (KJV)
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

1 John 3:11 (King James Version)
11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-06-2018 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 04:23 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Oh. I thought it was Arkansas.
I hope it's not New Jersey. We already have too many people here.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:41 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you are focused on what YOU are or are not, you are focused selfishly on yourself and not God and others. That is NOT the love of Jesus. If you do not love as Jesus did, you cannot know God or Jesus.

John 17:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And I have declared unto them thy name and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Galatians 5:6King James Version (KJV)
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

1 John 3:11 (King James Version)
11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
All those passages speak of what we should become, in Christ. We must come to Christ in humbleness, understanding our broken state.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
All those passages speak of what we should become, in Christ. We must come to Christ in humbleness, understanding our broken state.
Where does it say that WE HAVE TO come that way?.. The scriptures says we come to the Father through Jesus the son.The son who is >>>>>The Way into realization of who the Father really is in nature and character, how you react to this is not set in stone by you fundies, some come joyfully, some come weeping some come quietly, some come loudly, some come prayerfully, some come reverently and so on, but all come in the knowledge they are loved.

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us

Old 06-06-2018, 07:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
It doesn’t and I did not say it did. Now, why was Jesus baptized? Why are we told by the apostles to be baptized?

Why was Jesus baptized?

A: Not because as a public expression of his faith..
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Ephesians 5:25-27
Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and topresent her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
Why are we told by the apostles to be baptized?
A:Not because as a public expression of faith..
The Bible explains that people enjoy the forgiveness of sins and eternal life by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ his Son (Ephesians 2:8; Romans 3:28).

The Bible states that baptism gives people those very blessings of life and forgiveness (Acts 2:38; 22:16; Ephesians 5:26; Titus 3:5-7; 1 Peter 3:21).

Baptism gives those blessings because of the powerful word of God that is attached to the water.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:21 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
Quote:
A state of total humility and recognition of our sin. Only then can the love of God rest on us.

Luke 5

7So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink. 8When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees. “Go away from me, Lord, he said, “for I am a sinful man.”

Luke 18

The Pharisee and the Publican
9 And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
The love of God dwells in the heart of the upright and the just man's mouth speaks wisdom.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
The love of God dwells in the heart of the upright and the just man's mouth speaks wisdom.
How does that apply to the topic?

Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
The state in which I come to Jesus is BOLDLY---as HEBREWS 4:16 tells me to...

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The state in which I come to Jesus is BOLDLY---as HEBREWS 4:16 tells me to...

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Sure, but that passage was written to believers. The topic is how should a seeker come to Christ.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
the concept of condemntion is wrong.. condemnation doesn't come until the resurrection and or any or all days of judgment or aka when the courts sit .. but he sure was judging them all the way through.. "OH you of little faith", " sons of vipors" , " if your righteousness does not exceed that of the Pharisees ... oh yes he was judging.
no one is responsible for his death .. but it doesn' t say he didn't judge them for other things not related to his death.

this is the days of condemnation ..
ps Mat 12:42

The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

this is confirmation means double witnessed as in a court ..
Luk 11:31

The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

But old and new testament he demands we judge each others justly as he would .. as he judges righteously every heart all men .
Deu 1:16

And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
Psa 67:4

O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.
Psa 96:10

Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
Pro 31:9

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

but OH yes he was judging them. every day he can judge righteously!! as we are told to do..
He was in so many ways judging them including what he wrote in the dirt that day. though you are right .. it wasn't time for condemnation.. that comes later..
. what I am sure of is those he judged as unrighteous in that time and at his ressurrection would not enter into LiFe / Paradise or LIFE either Like Abraham Isaac or Jacob.. and not likely after it either unless there was true repentance like Paul had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity