Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 12:14 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,417,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Being humble is the opposite of prideful, it's not about calling yourself a "sinner."
It has more to do with modesty, and nothing to do with pretentious arrogance.
It's knowing that we're all in this together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 12:26 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Luke 18

12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’ 13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”…
It's a parable Jimmie, which if you have eyes to see is simply saying stop looking down your nose upon those you assume are sinners. The humble way is to see them how God sees them (created in his own image).

Old 05-31-2018, 05:58 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If we are born guilty of something we did not do, Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice did not work. Period. If God holds us accountable for the transgression committed thousands of years before we ever drew our first breath, He is not a just God. Period. This is not rocket science.

We are not born guilty of anything, and we are not accountable for any sins other than those we commit ourselves. Furthermore, if we repent of our sins and look to Jesus Christ as our Redeemer, we will be forgiven for those sins as He has already paid the price for them.
Amen

Old 05-31-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It sounds like you are in tune with the spirit of God.

But I promise you there are many Christians who would say that your experience counts for nothing. But to me they are antichrists and are disconnected from God. They only follow the written words, and they don't believe that God continues to reveal anything by his Spirit. But they don't even follow the teachings of the Bible. That is why I don't agree with many Christians, and I find many who are in tune with the Spirit and in the teachings of Christ come from varying religious traditions, not Christianity only.
Varying people across the globe have heard the Good news.

And they believe.
As for people's across the Globe whose traditions structure provides nutrition to a fruit of the Spirit.
They are Loving their neighbors dutifully.

Remember yochanan(John the baptist.
There is always a call. And the call is a begining to a person's walk.
And as they walk in prayer, they will learn where to serve.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:58 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,737,802 times
Quote:
Luke 18

12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’ 13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”…
I don't mind th eword sin .. but was trying to let folks see the effects and how we entered into DEATH .. from that point men entered DEATH.. and he wants to Bring us OUT of DEATH one day to eternal life.. where we fell from . a few sins Got madkind there . even many hundreds more sins Got Our perfect lamb / salvation nailed to a cross. so the cuase was part of the sure.... because men in sin was the only other part that could be assured of.. men would find a way to death , Our God.. bought all men and to to thus overcome That Death so that he can save all willing to covenant/ marriage/ helpmate/ become like him / in his life/ in his death ..in unity and Engaged.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Luke 18

blessed are the meek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity