Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 04:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,919,773 times

Advertisements

Jesus is a better theologian than Paul. According to this parable it's pretty clear and simple. The state of "sin" as the Bible describes it is something that a person falls into temporarily, but that most people are not in. Am I reading this wrong? Or does Jesus not get it somehow? I think it's similar to the "Lost Sheep" and the "Prodigal Son" parables, which are different but seem to be describing the same essential thing.

The Parable of the Lost Coin

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Do you want to know what's even stranger? I can't remember where I read this but it was just this morning. This past week I have been reading Matthew. Yet this passage is in Luke 15. It's as if the spirit reminded me of this for some reason. I have not opened another Bible either today or yesterday except to read Matthew and I have been around the part of the arrest of Jesus and past that for several days.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 05:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,832,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Jesus is a better theologian than Paul. According to this parable it's pretty clear and simple. The state of "sin" as the Bible describes it is something that a person falls into temporarily, but that most people are not in. Am I reading this wrong? Or does Jesus not get it somehow? I think it's similar to the "Lost Sheep" and the "Prodigal Son" parables, which are different but seem to be describing the same essential thing.

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Do you want to know what's even stranger? I can't remember where I read this but it was just this morning. This past week I have been reading Matthew. Yet this passage is in Luke 15. It's as if the spirit reminded me of this for some reason. I have not opened another Bible either today or yesterday except to read Matthew and I have been around the part of the arrest of Jesus and past that for several days.

What do you think?
I agree,
All Children are born into a sinfull world.
And sin entered into the world by one man.
His name is?

From: Ya‘akov, a slave of God and of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah

To: The Twelve Tribes in the Diaspora:

Shalom!

2 Regard it all as joy, my brothers, when you face various kinds of temptations; 3 for you know that the testing of your trust produces perseverance. 4 But let perseverance do its complete work; so that you may be complete and whole, lacking in nothing. 5 Now if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all generously and without reproach; and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in trust, doubting nothing; for the doubter is like a wave in the sea being tossed and driven by the wind. 7 Indeed that person should not think that he will receive anything from the Lord, 8 because he is double-minded, unstable in all his ways.

9 Let the brother in humble circumstances boast about his high position. 10 But let the rich brother boast about his being humbled; since, like a wildflower, he will pass away. 11 For just as the sun rises with the sharav and dries up the plant, so that its flower falls off and its beauty is destroyed, so too the rich person going about his business will wither away.

12 How blessed is the man who perseveres through temptation! For after he has passed the test, he will receive as his crown the Life which God has promised to those who love him. 13 No one being tempted should say, “I am being tempted by God.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, and God himself tempts no one. 14 Rather, each person is being tempted whenever he is being dragged off and enticed by the bait of his own desire. 15 Then, having conceived, the desire gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death. 16 Don’t delude yourselves, my dear brothers.

17 Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father who made the heavenly lights; with him there is neither variation nor darkness caused by turning. 18 Having made his decision, he gave birth to us through a Word that can be relied upon, in order that we should be a kind of firstfruits of all that he created. 19 Therefore, my dear brothers, let every person be quick to listen but slow to speak, slow to get angry; 20 for a person’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness!

Old 05-29-2018, 05:12 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
The lost coin is the true identity we lost when we were programmed from an early age to believe something other than what we are. To possess this true identity as our reality, we have to sell all the thoughts, beliefs, prejudices, biases we have accumulated to the point of discovering our true identity.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The lost coin is the true identity we lost when we were programmed from an early age to believe something other than what we are. To possess this true identity as our reality, we have to sell all the thoughts, beliefs, prejudices, biases we have accumulated to the point of discovering our true identity.
Absolutely. I think the state of sin is when Satan tells us that we are separated from God unless we eat of the Mosaic Law of good and evil. Or basically of ANY man-made law that pretends to speak for God. The delicious and sweet fruit of telling other people how to behave and think.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:34 PM

15,986 posts, read 6,398,421 times
Quote:
Absolutely. I think the state of sin is when Satan tells us that we are separated from God unless we eat of the Mosaic Law of good and evil. Or basically of ANY man-made law that pretends to speak for God. The delicious and sweet fruit of telling other people how to behave and think.
This was one of the parables Jesus gave in response to the Pharisees questioning Him about hanging out with the people deemed sinners by the righteous Pharisees. The other 2 parables were the lost sheep and the prodigal son. I'd be interested to see if anyone knows the original word that has been translated into sinner in these verses because none of those parables seem to be driving home the point that the coin, the sheep, or the son was being judged for having gone astray.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:02 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,629 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I don't know for sure if we are born "into" sin.. exactly.

what I do believe most as a better discrption is that we are born without the glory we were created with and without that glory we can't stand in his full presence and live.
which meant men would die and go to death, a place sin created . a void held by the powers of sin created men minds.
and that God then needed a man to enter hell/Death and then to overcome it.. and to be the bridge between fallen unglorious mortal men and the Glorious of all things heavenly.. So Now God has a man, who is a kings son .. who he raised.. and who rules in the darkness of men minds and someday that GUy wants a break someday .. as who wants to live in crazy land of a unglorious mind forever?
I thank him that he entered my mind and helped me .. but who wants to live in even one woman's mind forever ? dang not even a woman wants to do that for another woman either, and sometimes wouldn't do it for herself either..!! and think about thousands and millions of people hurting and needing and the endless crazy of just those in his churches who need him and are asking him for his help..

someday coming he will turn off his hearing and the churchwill be spotless and white .. because he needs a break from the crazy land of madkinds minds. someday he will get a rest !and mankind will be changed and will Go to the Fathers temple for help.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-29-2018 at 09:18 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 09:21 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,832,727 times
Quote:
Wrong,.
You have ignored every Faitfull promise.
And have no iron to weild.

I suggest you leave.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Wrong,.
You have ignored every Faitfull promise.
And have no iron to weild.

I suggest you leave.
You just refuse to accept what is plainly written in your scriptures.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:33 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,033,548 times
Quote:
Well said.

I think the culprit is mortal mind, which results from the veil of the flesh - they result in the "glass darkly" lense Paul speaks of - the notion of separation creates fear and then the judgements and accusations, which is the individual and collective satan - well, someone has to be blamed, right(?). But our true Essence is none of that.

Taking into account wider influences; testimonies of other people's experiences, there is implied pre-incarnate spiritual existence - that there 'was' a 'me' that needed to be incarnated - the overarching reason seems to be to learn and learn to love; to be perfected in love. So the truth for the 'individual' is one of essence; of being - you cannot take that away. My personal view is moving more toward re-incarnation as a choice that a spirit is permitted to make as a means of 'Life teaching you how to live', which it will if given enough time. And that Life; teaching us 'how to live', encompasses everything required to bring us to maturity - so it includes the law of sin and death (which is our judgements and of our making!), and the law of the spirit of Life (our true essence, of the Father). And the lake of fire is Himself, that holds it all together to His glory.

Even many spirits in the spiritual realm (not incarnated) are bound over to disobedience, so not being perfected in love is nothing new - it is a journey all have to take.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:06 AM

9,701 posts, read 10,068,333 times
Adam sinned which brought a curse in the world , so people born into this world would be under the curse which Adam brought ........ But believers of Jesus Christ can redeem their children of curses of this world through pleading the blood of Jesus Christ on their family , still believers can bring curses in the world as people need to watch their tongue and bless people and themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity