Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 07:42 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

In addition, there is this:

Psalm 51

5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 07:51 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Psalm 51

Why do you go out of your way to focus on sin nature when Jesus said He had us covered?

Old 05-30-2018, 07:53 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
i just agreed with you, and then you turn around and spout off a misnomer with a disposition against moses.
there is no such thing as "mosaic law."
it is a fictional fabrication likely started by the slanderer.
You said that you agreed, but I didn't really see it that way. Sorry.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Psalm 51

Many people can say personal things like this in a poem. What makes you think that you can apply it as a rule to everyone else?

Old 05-30-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Many people can say personal things like this in a poem. What makes you think that you can apply it as a rule to everyone else?
Good catch. I thought of the song "Amazing Grace" when I found out the man who wrote it was a reformed slave trader. No wonder he called himself a wretch. He really was a wretch. That doesn't mean he was saying anyone else was with that song. If I had talent like that and had written it instead of wretch I may have written garden-variety-idiot or someone else might have written too-indulgent or has-trouble-with-lying as most people aren't even in a position to cause that kind of damage to other people.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why do you go out of your way to focus on sin nature when Jesus said He had us covered?
Two reasons:

1) To correct the God is love, period crowd. Their theology is out of balance. Jesus came in truth & grace. They preach only one side, but both are needed to understand God and the redemptive work of Christ.

2) Scripture focuses on it.

Regarding the last part of your question, I believe, although salvation has been accomplished for all, a “transaction” must take place for it to be applied. That transaction is FAITH.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Good catch. I thought of the song "Amazing Grace" when I found out the man who wrote it was a reformed slave trader. No wonder he called himself a wretch. He really was a wretch. That doesn't mean he was saying anyone else was with that song. If I had talent like that and had written it instead of wretch I may have written garden-variety-idiot or someone else might have written too-indulgent or has-trouble-with-lying as most people aren't even in a position to cause that kind of damage to other people.
There was a great interview with Carlos Santana where he talked about being abused as a child by some unnamed man, possibly sexually. Now, just look at what kind of person he turned out to be. When Dan Rather started asking him about certain kinds of songs he said that he didn't like "Amazing Grace" because he did not consider himself a wretch. I couldn't agree more. There are few musicians I respect as much as I respect him.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
There was a great interview with Carlos Santana where he talked about being abused as a child by some unnamed man, possibly sexually. Now, just look at what kind of person he turned out to be. When Dan Rather started asking him about certain kinds of songs he said that he didn't like "Amazing Grace" because he did not consider himself a wretch. I couldn't agree more. There are few musicians I respect as much as I respect him.

Love Santana!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PZ-Mju5Hk

Old 05-30-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
One of my favorite music videos. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:02 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
You said that you agreed, but I didn't really see it that way. Sorry.
Strength in forgiveness.

I don't mind discussing this subject.
It is one that I heard as very young child from a very warped person. They carried on about the original sin concept.
Reminds me of imputing sin where there is none, or sowing tares so to speak.
Regardless I loved them.

And if it were not for the Lord I would never of reconciled with the Truth.
Yeshau taught that even the wicked know how to give good gifts.
I learned this at a very young age.
And also learned what a shallow and loveless gift they gave.

Hate, also was something I learned very early on.
Tempers flaring for no rational reason.
It is spiritual.

And there are few that recognize it, unless they let go and ask for a helper.

When it comes to doubt in the existence of the All Mighty.
Yeah, pretty sure I have most intellectuals out measured in that dept.
But when you hear the Shepherd.
All doubt is destroyed.

Blessings Always
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity