Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 05:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Paul learned he needed to change his focus from Judaism and the Old Law to Jesus and the New Covenant with people of all Nations. He finally realized what Jesus meant when he said their house was abandoned. Judaism was abandoned by God. Now it is Jesus who is followed not the old and failed practices.

It takes time to change just as it took 15 years to realize gentiles needed no circumcision. No one learns everything all at once.

Better read Acts 19-21 again. Paul said he STILL worshipped in the manner of his fathers, his fathers being Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God never abandoned the Jews, they are as the son who is always with the Father, keeping His charge faithfully for thousands of years (their heroes of faith being honored in the "NT") giving the gentiles the original plan to be grafted INTO, not cut away FROM, as did happen with the eventual apostasy. What Christians seem to be blinded to by the god of this world, is that without THEM, there IS NO COVENANT, as covenant requires 2 pieces for Him to walk between.

This was the pattern from the beginning with Adamah and Chavah where He walked in the midst of them as His garden in the cool/breath/Spirit, and continued on down to Jew/circumcised/same as a male, and gentile/no circumcision needed in physical/same as a female. Of these TWO, He is going to restore and make one new man (and He called THEIR NAME Adamah) again, and He is doing it even now, which is so many gentiles after the flesh are hearing the call of His Spirit to return and join themselves to Torah.

This same pattern is called a split work, and only a split work foundation (split hooves) is clean. We see this pattern throughout in the pattern of the 2 sets of priests carrying the Ark of the Covenant upon their shoulders in the prescribed way (the glory rests upon the shoulders/mind of Christ), also with Him in the midst of the 2 on the mount, which the Father told the disciples to discern, and with the pattern of the 2 cherubim of the Ark of the covenant with Him as the glory cloud in between (ie. the cloud we were told to meet Him in), and even to the standing of the waters of the Reed Sea into 2 "pieces" that Israel His firstborn son might pass through out of Egypt, a type of the flesh/woman in childbirth. Out of Egypt He is calling His sons again, who are not one but TWO MADE ONE, and those that hear the call are leaving. Coming? Blessings...

Last edited by Rbbi1; 07-24-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 05:55 PM

919 posts, read 609,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
When have I ever claimed to be a Jew?

I would agree with you about Paul if he rejected Judaism, and if one single Jew spoke against the laws of Moses, then he should have rightfully been killed as a false prophet.

This shows the amount of liars who were telling lies about Paul, and Paul is submitting to the priests of Judaism as his authority when he didn't even have to do that. Paul is proving his innocence, and if he wasn't innocent, they should have killed him. I don't have to rely on the letters of a Jew, I have the law and the prophets and nothing stands next to it, nothing has more authority, and so, I could take Paul or leave him.

Acts 21

Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
17And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Paul Seized in the Temple
27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him, 28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place:
My apologies ... looks like I confused you with another poster who has 'interesting' ideas. (Is it Fezzila who converted to Judaism?)

The NT is so unreliable. It's had so many authors & 'editors' who knows who wrote what?
Saul/Paul was such a big fat liar that the Rabbis students called him a 'FALSE APOSTLE' & sent a group of men round to sort him out (why Saul/Paul fled to Greece)
Anyone who believes a single word attributed to Saul/Paul is either gullible or ignoring the facts.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:40 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
My apologies ... looks like I confused you with another poster who has 'interesting' ideas. (Is it Fezzila who converted to Judaism?)

The NT is so unreliable. It's had so many authors & 'editors' who knows who wrote what?
Saul/Paul was such a big fat liar that the Rabbis students called him a 'FALSE APOSTLE' & sent a group of men round to sort him out (why Saul/Paul fled to Greece)
Anyone who believes a single word attributed to Saul/Paul is either gullible or ignoring the facts.
I converted to Judaism, Fezz, not so much. I don't know any other Gentiles besides me in Judaism. Of course, people in Judaism don't accept me, and neither do Christians.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:30 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
I converted to Judaism, Fezz, not so much. I don't know any other Gentiles besides me in Judaism. Of course, people in Judaism don't accept me, and neither do Christians.
Then why do you tell people you are not a Jew?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:47 PM

919 posts, read 609,757 times
Quote:
So I was right. Why then did you say "When have I ever claimed to be a Jew?"? How can you expect others to take you seriously when one day you claim to be a Jew, then the next you're not? You're all over the place.
There's no such thing as a 'Jewish Gentile'.

It's been my understanding that Jews aren't keen on accepting 'converts'. You're either born into 'the house of David', or you're not.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:24 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Then why do you tell people you are not a Jew?
I am not a Jew, Jews are the kings of the world, I would not claim to be a king, but a servant to Israel. There is a spiritual Israel but that doesn't dismiss the physical Israel.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:59 AM

1,975 posts, read 1,941,190 times
a youtube explains the origins of the pre-trib rapture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ss1y0LNWk

Old 07-25-2018, 08:48 AM

33,242 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
a youtube explains the origins of the pre-trib rapture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ss1y0LNWk
Oh, good grief. Ten minutes of that video was more than enough. I've already shown in posts #6, 20, and 31 that not only is the 'rapture' of the church taught in the Bible, but that it will take place before the Tribulation begins.

I've already shown a problem with the post-Tribulational rapture view that shows why the rapture can't take place after the Tribulation, but must happen before.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:57 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Addressing the OP only. my belief on a rapture is not to heaven. we will be lifted up above the destruction that will be happening below on earth but not viewing it from heaven, but from above the earth.

I'm not a pre-tribulation, mid-trib, or post tribulation rapture believer. and I'm also not a, as some have it in a new theory pre WRATH rapture believer either. but I'm a mid-WRATH rapture believer. here's why I believe this. we have two great example in the bible that is a foreshadow to this belief.

#1. the Noah Story. Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 24:37 "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

here the Lord Jesus just told us or gave us the answer we're looking for. let's go on.

Matthew 24:38 "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Matthew 24:39 "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be".

Ok, what happen in Noah Story? when the wrath of God came upon the earth, the same instrument of his wrath that save Noah and his family, (the FLOOD), "LIFTING" or harpazo as 1 Thessalonians 4:17 says, caught up" in the air", likewise Noah and his Family was "caught up in the air", or above the earth as it the ARK of Safety rose above the mountain tops. and the wicked was destroyed, "carried off" the face of the earth. the Lord Jesus who is Our ark of Safety, we enter into him (In Christ) descends to earth, not stopping in the air, no but descending to the earth, (see Zechariah 14:4) and then ascend above the earth and we will meet him there.

so the same instrument of destruction (the flood) that removed the wicked off the earth, is the same instrument (the flood) that saved the righteous, by lifting/removed the righteous off the earth by placing them above the earth (in the air) just like 1 Thessalonians 4:17 states.

this is a picture perfect event as to what's to come. but remember he said that he would not destroy the earth with water again, but fire. hence our second OT example.

#2. the Book of Daniel, the three Hebrew boys, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. all was put into a fiery furnace.

the instrument of destruction this time is "fire". the apostle Peter states, 2 Peter 3:7 "But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men".

2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 Peter 3:11 "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

2 Peter 3:12 "Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

so now we have an OT setting, a foreshadow at Christ coming (his wrath). let's examine the story.

the three Hebrews boys was thrown into the fire. the Lord Jesus did not deliver the Hebrew boys from the fire BEFORE they was thrown in, NO, just like Noah in the mist or during the destruction. here the Hebrew boys was in the MIST of the fire (the instrument of destruction) and was delivered during or in the fire. while the destruction was in progress, they was commanded to come out. scripture, Daniel 3:26 "Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire". here we see that they was delivered, but something else, the king said, "and come hither". this is the removal off the EARTH, or the caught up as in 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

the fire had no POWER against God chosen for they was OVERCOMERS, Just as we must be. listen,

Daniel 3:14 "Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?Daniel 3:15 "Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?Daniel 3:16 "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
Daniel 3:17 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
Daniel 3:18 "But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up".

as in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 if we don't serve other gods, we will be delivered, as Noah and his family, and the three Hebrews Boys, and be with him in the air, above the earth.

this is why I believe in a Mid "WRATH" rapture. even the storm is all around us, we will be delivered. God knows how to deliver his own, just be in Christ.

Peace in Christ Jesus, Yeshua.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:22 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Did you all forget about the admonition concerning it being like Noah's time? In Noah's time only the wicked left the earth. Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity