Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
When did that happen? I'm googling, and all I'm coming up with is a 2013 report that says the White House can NOT label Westboro as a hate group.
Maybe your google is broken

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an American church known for its use of inflammatory hate speech, especially against LGBT+ people (homophobia and transphobia), Catholics (anti-Catholicism), Orthodox Christians (anti-Orthodoxy), Muslims (Islamophobia), Jews (antisemitism), Romani people (antiziganism), and U.S. soldiers and politicians (anti-Americanism). It is widely known as a hate group and is monitored as such by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

They are also banned from entering a number of countries. Its interesting you argue they are not a hate group. Perhaps you in agreement with their views.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-22-2018 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
For the record, you would need more than a security force or your opinion.
No, the security guard would parade you out of the office, and your pay-checks would stop arriving. Its quite simple. Hardly any corporation would keep you on their payrolls if you talked to your coworkers in the office the way you talk here.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I could care less what you believe, you can believe in dancing reindeer. But when it comes to people pushing there beliefs on others, it's not something that others need to tolerate without interference.

And I highly doubt you would ever be in a position to fire me. LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfball View Post
Can you seriously not see the absurdity in your position? This is one thing I'll give Frank Turek (www.crossexamined.org) credit for: He effectively exposes the comical inconsistencies in atheists' positions.

We all push our beliefs on others. Are the homosexual and transgender communities not pushing their beliefs? Are the New Atheists not pushing their beliefs? Are you not pushing your beliefs?

Are you kidding me? The above groups are proselytizers to a degree most Christian denominations would envy.

Christians are at least honest. We admit we're fulfilling the Great Commission. We admit we hope you'll convert. We admit we aren't tolerant of behaviors the Bible condemns. We admit we expect intense opposition, that we expect to be at enmity with the world and even persecuted.

People like you are simply dishonest frauds. You can't begin to live or practice what you preach. You must live in a constant state of cognitive dissonance.

As Thomas Sowell cogently pointed out, your idea of tolerance includes "the right to be intolerant of everything we disagree with." We can claim to be tolerant while actually being viciously intolerant because THOSE INTOLERANT CHRISTIANS ARE WRONG AND MUST BE SILENCED!!!

It's just laughable.
I don't care if you are silent or boisterously loud, but no one needs someone screaming at them. And I do not care if you have a persecution complex. What I do care about is extremism or the fanaticism of those who see themselves as superior, when no one is less or greater than anyone else. I also believe people can express themselves without condemning others to a non-existent hellhole. But you are free to believe otherwise, just don't tell people it's raining when it is you (not God) who is squirting water down their back.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, the security guard would parade you out of the office, and your pay-checks would stop arriving. Its quite simple. Hardly any corporation would keep you on their payrolls if you talked to your coworkers in the office the way you talk here.
Because I do not believe in your eternal damnation theologies, now that's laughable.
And, what is ironic is that I have protected people like you who condemn others.

But that doesn't mean that I agree with you.
And for the record, I don't need a pay check.

Isn't it amazing how fundamentalists are always threatening people?

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-22-2018 at 02:07 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 01:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an American church known for its use of inflammatory hate speech, especially against LGBT+ people (homophobia and transphobia), Catholics (anti-Catholicism), Orthodox Christians (anti-Orthodoxy), Muslims (Islamophobia), Jews (antisemitism), Romani people (antiziganism), and U.S. soldiers and politicians (anti-Americanism). It is widely known as a hate group and is monitored as such by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center.
You said you have the right to call Westboro a hate group in the work place because it was "officially" labeled as such, presumably by the government. Neither of the groups mentioned by Wikipedia has the authority of the government, does it?

Old 08-22-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Because I do not believe in your eternal damnation theologies, now that's laughable.
No, because of the reason already explained to you. It has nothing to do with what I believe.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with this.

Quote:
If you worked for me, and I heard you speak like that about Christians, muslims, or whoever, I'd fire you on the spot, right there in front of everyone.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You said you have the right to call Westboro a hate group in the work place because it was "officially" labeled as such, presumably by the government. Neither of the groups mentioned by Wikipedia has the authority of the government, does it?
That's official enough for me. If you don't agree they are a hate-group, then so be it. You are free to have your own opinion. You can apply for a membership for all I care.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:50 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
That's official enough for me. If you don't agree they are a hate-group, then so be it. You are free to have your own opinion. You can apply for a membership for all I care.
The point is that you hold a double standard. You feel justified in freely stating your moral judgments in your workplace about the actions of another group but would fire someone else for doing so.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:51 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfball View Post
Can you seriously not see the absurdity in your position? This is one thing I'll give Frank Turek (www.crossexamined.org) credit for: He effectively exposes the comical inconsistencies in atheists' positions.

We all push our beliefs on others. Are the homosexual and transgender communities not pushing their beliefs? Are the New Atheists not pushing their beliefs? Are you not pushing your beliefs?

Are you kidding me? The above groups are proselytizers to a degree most Christian denominations would envy.

Christians are at least honest. We admit we're fulfilling the Great Commission. We admit we hope you'll convert. We admit we aren't tolerant of behaviors the Bible condemns. We admit we expect intense opposition, that we expect to be at enmity with the world and even persecuted.

People like you are simply dishonest frauds. You can't begin to live or practice what you preach. You must live in a constant state of cognitive dissonance.

As Thomas Sowell cogently pointed out, your idea of tolerance includes "the right to be intolerant of everything we disagree with." We can claim to be tolerant while actually being viciously intolerant because THOSE INTOLERANT CHRISTIANS ARE WRONG AND MUST BE SILENCED!!!

It's just laughable.
Well, you have an "evangelical Christian" on this very thread who praises the Bible as inerrant and infallible but literally refuses to accept what Jesus has said. Just a very few pages ago.

Why don't you try straightening your out your own before attempting to convert others? Do you want more on your side like him?

That's the hypocrisy so evident among evangelicals.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
And, what is ironic is that I have protected people like you who condemn others.

But that doesn't mean that I agree with you.
And for the record, I don't need a pay check.

Isn't it amazing how fundamentalists are always threatening people?
Quote:
No, because of the reason already explained to you. It has nothing to do with what I believe.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with this.
It has everything to do with what you believe, and the only thing you have conveyed is your own ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity