Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 11:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If you worship the Bible above the one it points to---you are a Pharisee. You are one of those Pharisees who is ignorant of its lessons. And I don't even think you are a very good fundamentalist. Several are very open about their Bible worship (whether they see it in themselves or not) and you are more Mr. Dodger and Mrs. Twister.

You worship your own ritual purity while displaying a character that is anything but. That's a Pharisee, and virtually all fundamentalists fall into that category. You do, even if you aren't a very good one. And that is why Christianity is indeed a religion--you won't allow it to become Spirit in your life.

Your buddies were at the WH receiving instructions from Trump to preach party from the pulpit. Surprised you weren't there.
Praise God and Heil Trump!
Ask someone to give you a hug. It might help. MIGHT, being the key word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 12:20 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do know that you are speaking about those who profess to be fundamentalist's, while excluding yourselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, yes, he does, but you see THAT is "Christianity" to him.
Those who has ears to hear, will hear.

You two on the other hand will continue spreading strife and confusion here.

Carry on...

Old 08-29-2018, 12:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think the fact that you guys have carried this on and on probably offends Jesus more than any bad doctrine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Pretty typical, actually. Someone asks a simple question, they get several good responses on the first 2 pages, and it goes on for 98 more pages as they debate, call each other names, and attack religion in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do know that you are speaking about those who profess to be fundamentalist's, while excluding yourselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, yes, he does, but you see THAT is "Christianity" to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Those who has ears to hear, will hear.

You two on the other hand will continue spreading strife and confusion here.

Carry on...
It's not that confusing, and I doubt that either of us is angry or bitter about any disputes.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:46 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ask someone to give you a hug. It might help. MIGHT, being the key word.
Praise God and Heil Trump!

Old 08-30-2018, 01:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

I'm really having a hard time hearing you.
Talk about being closed-minded.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:46 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Default From Quora Digest-How do the American and Dutch Bible Belts compare

Quote:
Americans are ostentatiously religious. They can’t have a conversation without bringing up their belief, mentioning Jesus, or asking or giving prayers for something. There are signs everywhere. On churches, on billboards, on cars, on t-shirts, on necklaces, on purses, on books, everywhere. They don’t hold a belief that you shouldn’t be shopping or working on Sundays, but you shouldn’t drink. Here in the store you can’t buy alcohol on Sunday morning. Two years ago you couldn’t buy alcohol at all. They had to have a referendum to get that changed. And I know of at least one county where the nay-sayers were in the majority. In 2018. Alcohol prohibition by religious fanatics. You can’t come out as non-religious, you’ll be shunned. You’ll have to listen to coworkers talking about their beliefs, and you can’t be open about how you feel about it, because if anyone will get fired it will be you. Religion plays a very big role in politics, and atheists are one of the least-trusted group of people in the country.

Dutch people are silently religious. They will frown on you if you work on Sundays (even housework!), or shop, or if you do things that don’t fit your gender. But there are no signs and you can have conversations with them and they won’t mention their beliefs whatsoever. Since religion is not a subject, you don’t have to come out as non-religious. It won’t be a problem, they know you are not because you are not going to church as they do, but live and let live. They don’t have much political power, only in the towns where they live and form a majority. There is only one party that is religious and that only has 1 or 2 seats in the parliament so that is not a lot. From a lot of politicians we don’t even know whether they are religious or not, and we don’t even care because that is of no importance.
Laura Hurt, born and raised in the Netherlands, 1966-2013, now in the American Bible Belt.

So much for Finn firing people for discussing religion at work!
In the hypocritical, fundamentalist "value" system, it is non-conforming Christians and non-believers who are always nailed to the cross.

Just read a non-American's assessment above. Her opinion is not biased by our religio-political based beliefs. It is based on her observation. And she is WHITE! OMG, our POTUS better expand his "do not let them enter" position.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-30-2018 at 11:55 PM..

Old 08-31-2018, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Laura Hurt, born and raised in the Netherlands, 1966-2013, now in the American Bible Belt.

So much for Finn firing people for discussing religion at work!
No, its fine to discuss. I said I'd fire people who speak like Jerwade, insulting people over their religious beliefs (no matter which religion) by calling their god a monster, or trying to insist their beliefs make them just like Wesboro Baptists or nazis etc. Such people are only looking to argue, attack people personally, and they cause strife at the workplace, and they need to be removed. Very simple.

Same would be true for people who harass their muslim co-workers by calling allah a monster and insisting their beliefs make them just like terrorists. That would be exactly the same thing.

I have never seen an environment Laura Hurt is describing, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my personal experience, pretty much the opposite is true.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-31-2018 at 03:39 AM..

Old 08-31-2018, 05:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
No, its fine to discuss. I said I'd fire people who speak like Jerwade, insulting people over their religious beliefs (no matter which religion) by calling their god a monster, or trying to insist their beliefs make them just like Wesboro Baptists or nazis etc. Such people are only looking to argue, attack people personally, and they cause strife at the workplace, and they need to be removed. Very simple.

Same would be true for people who harass their muslim co-workers by calling allah a monster and insisting their beliefs make them just like terrorists. That would be exactly the same thing.

I have never seen an environment Laura Hurt is describing, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my personal experience, pretty much the opposite is true.
You must be walking around with your eyes closed then. You are most certainly in denial about the politics point she made, you have posted 1000's of posts on the political forum on CD.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
No, its fine to discuss. I said I'd fire people who speak like Jerwade, insulting people over their religious beliefs (no matter which religion) by calling their god a monster, or trying to insist their beliefs make them just like Wesboro Baptists or nazis etc. Such people are only looking to argue, attack people personally, and they cause strife at the workplace, and they need to be removed. Very simple...

The ridiculous thing is you (someone who regularly insults people on this forum as a form of entertainment) going on and on for many pages on this thread about firing Jer in your place of work because of something he said completely unrelated to your place of work, here, in a public forum.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The ridiculous thing is you (someone who regularly insults people on this forum as a form of entertainment) going on and on for many pages on this thread about firing Jer in your place of work because of something he said completely unrelated to your place of work, here, in a public forum.
I am sorry you are having a hard time getting the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity