Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 10:07 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sorry you are having a hard time getting the point.

I'm not surprised that you purposely are not getting the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 10:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Would you tolerate people harrass someone in the office because she was muslim?

I suppose you would. I mean, 'do not judge', right?

Old 08-31-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Would you tolerate people harrass someone in the office because she was muslim?

I suppose you would. I mean, 'do not judge', right?
And still you avoid the point:

Quote:
The ridiculous thing is you (someone who regularly insults people on this forum as a form of entertainment) going on and on for many pages on this thread about firing Jer in your place of work because of something he said completely unrelated to your place of work, here, in a public forum.
Jer's not harassing anyone in the workplace, of any religion or non-religion.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
And still you avoid the point: Jer's not harassing anyone in the workplace, of any religion or non-religion.
Oh, my.....
Lets try this one more time. If you behaved at the workplace the way you behave here, you'd get fired. Simple.

If you seek out Christians and start calling their God a monster, and suggesting they are no different than a Westboro Baptist fringe group, or compare then to nazis, you would get fired. No one wants people like that at the workplace. Likewise, it you harass muslims because of their faith, or jews, mormons etc, you'd get fired.

How is this so complicated?

Can you answer my question now? Would you tolerate it?

Old 08-31-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Oh, my.....
Lets try this one more time. If you behaved at the workplace the way you behave here, you'd get fired. Simple.

If you seek out Christians and start calling their God a monster, and suggesting they are no different than a Westboro Baptist fringe group, or compare then to nazis, you would get fired. No one wants people like that at the workplace. Likewise, it you harass muslims because of their faith, or jews, mormons etc, you'd get fired.

How is this so complicated?

Can you answer my question now? Would you tolerate it?
It's not complicated. People come here to this public message board, which was set up for people to discuss Christianity, in order to discuss Christianity. This is the place for that. Got it now?

Old 08-31-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
It's not complicated. People come here to this public message board, which was set up for people to discuss Christianity, in order to discuss Christianity. This is the place for that. Got it now?

Have a nice day.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:04 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
No, its fine to discuss. I said I'd fire people who speak like Jerwade, insulting people over their religious beliefs (no matter which religion) by calling their god a monster, or trying to insist their beliefs make them just like Wesboro Baptists or nazis etc. Such people are only looking to argue, attack people personally, and they cause strife at the workplace, and they need to be removed. Very simple.

Same would be true for people who harass their muslim co-workers by calling allah a monster and insisting their beliefs make them just like terrorists. That would be exactly the same thing.

I have never seen an environment Laura Hurt is describing, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my personal experience, pretty much the opposite is true.
You haven't been around much. I was born in that environment (gulf coast Alabama). What Laura describes is commonplace. Cars fly American flags and "Jesus Saves" stickers constantly. You would have to fire virtually your whole work force. Then your business would get banned by good "Christians" like you.

I've stated that both evangelists and German Nazis chose the same kind of leaders. I can provide the comparison for you again if YOU haven't got the message. You like to claim no one gets "your" message don't you.

Maybe its because we've seen "your" message too often in our own lives and it make us sick.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You haven't been around much. I was born in that environment (gulf coast Alabama). What Laura describes is commonplace. Cars fly American flags and "Jesus Saves" stickers constantly. You would have to fire virtually your whole work force. Then your business would get banned by good "Christians" like you.
I have been around long enough, and lived in enough States to know the claim is bogus.

Quote:
Maybe its because we've seen "your" message too often in our own lives and it make us sick.
You feel sick, because you allow anger and resentment control your mind.

It must be terrible to live like that.

Seek the Lord, and find rest.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Old 08-31-2018, 01:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
No, its fine to discuss. I said I'd fire people who speak like Jerwade, insulting people over their religious beliefs (no matter which religion) by calling their god a monster, or trying to insist their beliefs make them just like Wesboro Baptists or nazis etc. Such people are only looking to argue, attack people personally, and they cause strife at the workplace, and they need to be removed. Very simple.

Same would be true for people who harass their muslim co-workers by calling allah a monster and insisting their beliefs make them just like terrorists. That would be exactly the same thing.

I have never seen an environment Laura Hurt is describing, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my personal experience, pretty much the opposite is true.
Quote:
The ridiculous thing is you (someone who regularly insults people on this forum as a form of entertainment) going on and on for many pages on this thread about firing Jer in your place of work because of something he said completely unrelated to your place of work, here, in a public forum.
Apparently, he is insulted because his beliefs of hell are no different than what others believe. Shaking his religious tree and yelling wolf, doesn't really concern me. His and Westboro Baptists beliefs in an eternal hell for all those that do not believe as they do, doesn't belong in the work place and should be left outside the gates of employment. And, yes, people do put their beliefs on others in the work environment, contrary to his opinion. I have experienced it firsthand multiple times, especially from those who are fanatics about what it is that everyone should believe or else.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
And still you avoid the point:

Jer's not harassing anyone in the workplace, of any religion or non-religion.
You are correct and never would, although I have been a mediator for those who had a dispute; and I never fired anyone based on having a different opinion. What Mr. Jarber is doing - is making it about himself or others with his pious and self-righteous attitude and demeanor. Which is nothing more than a hypocritical display of having virtue.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-31-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity