Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 01:37 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have been around long enough, and lived in enough States to know the claim is bogus.

You feel sick, because you allow anger and resentment control your mind.

It must be terrible to live like that.

Seek the Lord, and find rest.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
And all foreigners are liars, right. The woman even pointed out that the date of her posting was 2018. But she is a liar because you are a smart -ass and she is a stupid foreigner. And I don't witness what she testified to when I return to Alabama a month of every year. Wherever you've lived, it's not been in Alabama, Mississippi, or Louisiana where all my paternal family reside. Or perhaps those blinkers on your eyes mean you just see people like yourself---most knowing the bible supports their bigotry.

Praise the Lord and Heil Trump!

My anger comes from God and is directed at self-righteous, two-faced, twisters and dodgers. And, no, I'm not always happy with that calling, but like Jonah I am called to preach to the pagans of Ninevah. And like Jonah, I see no way Ninevah (you) can come to terms with God.

But then Jonah was wrong, and Ninevah did repent. Perhaps God sees some small sliver of hope for you that I can't.

At least you'd better hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 05:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Oh, my.....
Lets try this one more time. If you behaved at the workplace the way you behave here, you'd get fired. Simple.

If you seek out Christians and start calling their God a monster, and suggesting they are no different than a Westboro Baptist fringe group, or compare then to nazis, you would get fired. No one wants people like that at the workplace. Likewise, it you harass muslims because of their faith, or jews, mormons etc, you'd get fired.

How is this so complicated?

Can you answer my question now? Would you tolerate it?
I hope evangelicals telling folk at their workplace that they are deserving of hell because they are sinners, are told keep it and you will be fired.

Old 09-01-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's not complicated. People come here to this public message board, which was set up for people to discuss Christianity, in order to discuss Christianity. This is the place for that. Got it now?
Exactly!

Old 09-01-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, he is insulted because his beliefs of hell are no different than what others believe. Shaking his religious tree and yelling wolf, doesn't really concern me. His and Westboro Baptists beliefs in an eternal hell for all those that do not believe as they do, doesn't belong in the work place and should be left outside the gates of employment. And, yes, people do put their beliefs on others in the work environment, contrary to his opinion. I have experienced it firsthand multiple times, especially from those who are fanatics about what it is that everyone should believe or else.
True, when i was a zealous fundy i always told folk in the work place about Jesus, heaven and hell, like you said though it does not belong in the work place.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
You are correct and never would
You would never compare a "fundamentalist" to Westboro Baptist or call their God a monster Heh-heh

Anyway, the point is still going over your head. If you behaved at the workplace like you do here, you'd be fired.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-01-2018 at 06:28 AM..

Old 09-01-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
You would never compare a "fundamentalist" to Westboro Baptist or call their God a monster Heh-heh
On a open forum like this, yes, in the workplace no. Is that so difficult for you to understand?. This forum is not the work place.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:13 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
to the original question.

Quote:
Until recently,I have always thought that Christianity is a Religion. In fact even in a dictionary, it says so. But much to my surprise, the Evangelists nowadays insist Christianity is not a religion at all. Why this recent change in nomenclature? And at what point did it change? After all, Christianity has been seen as a Religion for so many centuries. So why the sudden change?
religion is a coat people put on every day they worship, pray whatever their religion does to honor themselves or whatever it is that religion honors. but it can never be more than a coat someone wears. it will never change the inner soul. it can and does change the body habits and why in order to have "peace " they have to live in monasteries where no one can speak.. or they control their life more and more.

but relationships change our inner being.. love and connection to a loving God and as (He/ by His Spirit )has us touch each other with prophetic words , songs, words of knowledge ( about their internal hidden personal struggles ) and such .. it can touch past the mind , past control and past their habits.. then into the soul and change it .. touch into the heart of man and really change it.. then his people don't have to control their environment and live in monasteries to KNOW and have and share HIs "PEACE" that is past understanding .
thus Christianity is like a great marrage touching and healing into the inner being ..

and all other religion is like a friday night booty call.. but you go back to being your " normal" lonely "controlling" self when it is done just to maintain " peace" your way, like the bloody Pax Romana .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Romana which proved to be very very bloody..

Old 09-01-2018, 07:34 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:

Anyway, the point is still going over your head. If you behaved at the workplace like you do here, you'd be fired.

And if you behaved in the workplace like you do here, you'd get your nose broken.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:

Nice edit, if you called folk sinners on here and they are damned to hell if they do not believe in Jesus(deny it as much as you want), you too would be fired. Thankfully this is an open forum where there are folk posting from their own perspective of how they see God and that is perfectly fine and acceptable. You should stop painting Jerwade like he doing anything other than exposing what is behind your beliefs, that you try to be so coy about. I have said it before, many have posted on here longer than you and remember the beliefs you posted that you are so coy about now, AND the things you use to say about universalists.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
No, its fine to discuss. I said I'd fire people who speak like Jerwade, insulting people over their religious beliefs (no matter which religion) by calling their god a monster, or trying to insist their beliefs make them just like Wesboro Baptists or nazis etc. Such people are only looking to argue, attack people personally, and they cause strife at the workplace, and they need to be removed. Very simple.
Quote:
The ridiculous thing is you (someone who regularly insults people on this forum as a form of entertainment) going on and on for many pages on this thread about firing Jer in your place of work because of something he said completely unrelated to your place of work, here, in a public forum.
Quote:
Apparently, he is insulted because his beliefs of hell are no different than what others believe. Shaking his religious tree and yelling wolf, doesn't really concern me. His and Westboro Baptists beliefs in an eternal hell for all those that do not believe as they do, doesn't belong in the work place and should be left outside the gates of employment. And, yes, people do put their beliefs on others in the work environment, contrary to his opinion. I have experienced it firsthand multiple times, especially from those who are fanatics about what it is that everyone should believe or else.
Quote:
And still you avoid the point:

Jer's not harassing anyone in the workplace, of any religion or non-religion.
Quote:
You are correct and never would, although I have been a mediator for those who had a dispute; and I never fired anyone based on having a different opinion. What Mr. Jarber is doing - is making it about himself or others with his pious and self-righteous attitude and demeanor. Which is nothing more than a hypocritical display of having virtue.
Quote:

Read it in context without your silly green suckers and childish behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And if you behaved in the workplace like you do here, you'd get your nose broken.
People do not like others lying about them or twisting their words, so I would imagine on a construction site, he would get more than a broken nose. And if I was there, I would have to save him from a can of whoop-ass and his own destruction. They would put him in an outhouse or porta-john and turned it over on its door.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-01-2018 at 01:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity