Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 07:51 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjGUC9GNqfE

here is another one confirming ancient common roots of all peoples with God's word!
Men give God a bad name!
Are you referring to MALE evangelical men, or are evangelical women included in that universal condemnation?

Old 11-17-2018, 07:53 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Mrs hepburn asked this question and I answered it was evil men who give God a bad name..
I am wrong it is the devil in men who give God a bad name.
as it is written " our battle is not against flesh and blood but powers of darkness........" hiding everywhere they can find a place to settle.

But she asked that question. But I have to ask

"who Gives God his Good name?" because he has a GREAT NAME too!

2000 years of Christians who are/ were filled with His spirit, fill with His love for mankind.. and have sacrificed in the most glorious ways to spread His word and His love and His mercy and His grace and to share his Spirit with everyone and anyplace it is allowed to settle!
So Christian men and women with his words and his Spirit have given God and the Lord and their kingdom His good name too and shared his love with all around the world for 2000 years !!
before that The Eve's/ Khepah and sages of the ages and ancients and his dispersed(12 tribes) did it all over the world.

Yes, some Christians give God a great name! Lots of other people too, of every race and creed, for “ALL who love are born of God and know God.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

I am a big believer in what St. Francis said, Always preach the Gospel...and sometimes use words.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:20 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

Yes, some Christians give God a great name! Lots of other people too, of every race and creed, for “ALL who love are born of God and know God.”
MY husband was just talking about a city of Christians in think in china who had only the gospel of John for ages .they had such faith and such perseverance in troubles .. in troubles..and they were heavily persecuted but they kept growing as a community and when found by other Christians from america who brought them Bibles..

They said that "they knew that God would bring them the whole bible when they needed to know more. I like Job(my freind PIN JUst gave me a link to the story of Elihu The Unmasking of The Evil One in Elihu) and that simplicity of faith in JOB is such a prize ..I don't know that I have that simple a faith .. because I am afraid( yes fear) that I am accountable for what I know and what I don't know too. and I really don't know much or I refuse to make a choice about a concept that I feeel I am still sifting and praying about and growing in it.. so I present those thing as if they are "in part"..
I don't know the answer to that kind of a question like am" I responsible for what I don't know also?" I have to trust He has me in his hands. He is our only hope. he died to be OUR HOPE!

but what am I responsible for if I refuse to learn or grow in him ? I don't know .. I can' t answer those things.
I can only trust Him and follow as close as I can. learn where he is teaching me , knowing he has my heart .

Old 11-17-2018, 08:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
...and that simplicity of faith in JOB is such a prize ..I don't know that I have that simple a faith ..

because I am afraid I am accountable for what I know and what I don't know too.

but what am I responsible for if I refuse to learn or grow in him, I don't know .. I can't answer those things. I can only trust Him and follow as close as I can. knowing He has my heart .

PS Jesus said, Do not be afraid....Fear not...fear is from the egoic mind, or devil ...it is a trick
to keep you separated from God and His Love, btw.....one of the 'devil's', tricky tricks he uses.
Know thine enemy....better than anything!
Be like sentry at his post knowing all his sneaky tricks.
Anything that is not simply loving, kind, compassionate and forgiving is not 'of God'.
And that goes for what you direct towards yourself.
(Fear, doubt, confusion, anger, laziness, jealousy, indignation...and so on.)

Old 11-17-2018, 08:38 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
..I don't know that I have that simple a faith .. because I am afraid( yes fear) that I am accountable for what I know and what I don't know too. and I really don't know much or I refuse to make a choice about a concept that I feeel I am still sifting and praying about and growing in it.. so I present those thing as if they are "in part"..
I don't know the answer to that kind of a question like am" I responsible for what I don't know also?" I have to trust He has me in his hands. He is our only hope. he died to be OUR HOPE!

but what am I responsible for if I refuse to learn or grow in him ? I don't know .. I can' t answer those things.
I can only trust Him and follow as close as I can. learn where he is teaching me , knowing he has my heart .
“...in God’s hands...”. There’s nowhere better to be, nX.

Quote:

PS Jesus said, Do not be afraid....Fear not...fear is from the egoic mind, or devil ...it is a trick
to keep you separated from God and His Love, btw.....one of the 'devil's', tricky tricks he uses.
Anything that is not simply loving, kind, compassionate and forgiving is not 'of God'.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:34 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:

and to think I was just reading about Elihu and JOB? an interesting study isn't it..huM? we have it good here now.. but life isn't so good ( compassionate or forgiving or kind ) anywhere else is it?
I think of Jobs words when he says..

https://mvbernard.com/2014/04/22/sha...d-not-the-bad/

everything in his hands will turn for Good as it says here ..

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to become conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the first-born among many brethren; and whom he predestined, these he also called; and whom he called, these he also justified; and whom he justified, these he also glorified. (Romans 8:28–30, KJV)

it may not ever feel good , look good , be kind and compassionate and or forgiving and can still be at his hands... though that is how I am to respond to everything that isn't that , that isn't those things..
that is what JOB did ..
I usually responded like most gals with a bit of complaining, then crying

Old 11-17-2018, 01:04 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

Old 11-19-2018, 02:23 PM

1,183 posts, read 708,705 times
Quote:
Start a thread on, "Father, Mother, Brother, Friend, Lover: What is this God?"

As I said He is all of it to me at diff times. He has revealed to me He is Friend...(male) and lover of my soul....
and also Father, Protector...proud of me like a Dad.
The feminine Mother aspect only came through one time....but wow....it was quite, lovingly profound!!!!
You know it really doesn't make one iota of sense that a being who does not sexually reproduce would need a gender, he.
He & She are just a product of sexual reproduction. They are relative terms. Where no sexual reproduction occurs, there are no hes or shes.

Father is telling. Do you think a Father figure is really more of a psychological need you have, possibly going back to childhood comfort. That seems to be the basis of a lot of need for religion.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:39 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
You know it really doesn't make one iota of sense that a being who does not sexually reproduce would need a gender, he.
He & She are just a product of sexual reproduction. They are relative terms. Where no sexual reproduction occurs, there are no hes or shes.

Father is telling. Do you think a Father figure is really more of a psychological need you have, possibly going back to childhood comfort. That seems to be the basis of a lot of need for religion.
Or lack of it. There was a woman in my EFM group (an Episcopal theological study course I took a few years ago) who was raised Wiccan by her mother. Her grandmother had taken her to the Episcopal Church a few times when she was young, and in her 30s, she started attending.

She barely knew her natural father. He had told her mother when she discovered she was pregnant that he had no interest in being a father, and her mom said fine, I'll raise the baby myself. He'd shown up two or three times when passing through as she grew up to meet her and reiterate that he wished her well but that he'd never really been interested in fatherhood. It bothered her on some level that he felt no fatherly attachment, and she said that's what drew her to Christianity--if she had a heavenly father, it didn't matter what "Bob" did or said. In her Wiccan practice, which had been that of a sole practitioner as her mother was, there was more of a maternal connection. Christianity with the image of God as "Father" helped her work out her childhood distress at not having a connection to her own father.

Ironically, it is not unusual or considered wrong that some Episcopalians also refer to God as both Father and Mother (or neither), so that also probably added to her comfort level.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Do Christians and the Bible give our Father a bad name?

... when they can't hear anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity