Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 03:53 PM

28 posts, read 11,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And, you need to get a clue, while dropping that Spirit of fundamentalism.
We shall see what God has to say about it.

And I am not a Christian nor a fundamentalist.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:55 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
The difference between Christian Grace and Mormon Grace:

The Difference Between Christian Grace and Mormon Grace | Cold Case Christianity

I never understand why Mormons pretend to be just like other Christians with so many theological differences. They believe their way to be superior (everyone does to an extent, who would choose or follow a religion they think is inferior?), so wear the differences proud on the outside instead of having to dig.

'We are saved by Grace too!' No, not exactly. Maybe to the first level of 'Heaven' but not the higher levels. For those one has to work all of ones life climbing climbing climbing.

The pressure for many, like the man in the video, is overwhelming.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _000_ View Post
You need to forsake your false theology.

It is very incorrect.
So says the newest C-D theological scholar...

Old 12-02-2018, 04:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The difference between Christian Grace and Mormon Grace:

The Difference Between Christian Grace and Mormon Grace | Cold Case Christianity

I never understand why Mormons pretend to be just like other Christians with so many theological differences. They believe their way to be superior (everyone does to an extent, who would choose or follow a religion they think is inferior?), so wear the differences proud on the outside instead of having to dig.

'We are saved by Grace too!' No, not exactly. Maybe to the first level of 'Heaven' but not the higher levels. For those one has to work all of ones life climbing climbing climbing.

The pressure for many, like the man in the video, is overwhelming.
You take that which separates and divides as being authoritative without knowing someone yourself?

Old 12-02-2018, 04:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Quote:
You take that which separates and divides as being authoritative without knowing someone yourself?
?

I already knew all that. This person just put it into words better than I could. I am no writer, that is for sure.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
?

I already knew all that. This person just put it into words better than I could. I am no writer, that is for sure.
Why do the fundamentalists desire that everyone climb their mythological tower of babel? Is it to make a name for themselves, while having everyone else conform to their ideologies? Diversity should teach us to love the differences, not to condemn those not like us? I for one, will never speak the language of conformity as we are uniquely and wonderfully different, yet we are ALL human. Perhaps, it is because I speak multiple languages, and have seen the errors in translation. And have realized that man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when too deeply immersed in them.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:36 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
What is the difference between grace and mercy?
Quote:
Why do the fundamentalists desire that everyone climb their mythological tower of babel? Is it to make a name for themselves, while having everyone else conform to their ideologies? Diversity should teach us to love the differences, not to condemn those not like us? I for one, will never speak the language of conformity as we are uniquely and wonderfully different, yet we are ALL human. Perhaps, it is because I speak multiple languages, and have seen the errors in translation. And have realized that man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when too deeply immersed in them.
Yes, I think that has a lot to do with it

Old 12-02-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
We shall see what God has to say about it.

And I am not a Christian nor a fundamentalist.
Neither are you God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cCJM9VNP0

Old 12-02-2018, 04:39 PM

28 posts, read 11,581 times
Quote:
Neither are you God.
God is within me.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
God is within me.
Me too. And everyone else, it's just that many do not know that or they wouldn't be searching for a sign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity