Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2021, 10:16 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times

Advertisements

If apollumi means destruction according to the traditional definition by those who believe in eternal torment, then Jesus is lost forever:

"The chief priests and the elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy (apollumi) Jesus."

Will you hold a view which makes the word of God of no effect?

Or

Will you have the courage to go against the traditional hell-fire view which denigrates the victory of Jesus Christ bought through conquering death on the Cross for all mankind?

Those who are perished, are like the lost sheep.

The lost sheep were perished, but the shepherd sought it out and restored it. We are all like the lost sheep before God finds us. We are all lost and perished as the lost sheep was. We are separated and alienated from God.

99 is not enough!

Old 07-16-2021, 10:34 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If he doesn't believe in a dictator god who damns people to his theological hell, then he will suffer cruel and unusual punishment, himself. He simply doesn't comprehend the meaning of correction, nor does he understand that the only thing which will perish are his ungodly traits, saving the man himself.
most who believe in eternal torment or annihilation don't seem to understand that it is the old man nature being destroyed as Christ is being revealed. it is as though they do not believe they have an old man nature, yet the scriptures talk quite a bit about it.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Wow...what a powerful way to say it! And Paul tells us that all things are in Him.

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,
Col 1:17 and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
Col 1:18 And himself is the head of the body—the assembly—who is a beginning, a first-born out of the dead, that he might become in all things —himself—first,
Col 1:19 because in him it did please all the fulness to tabernacle,
Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile the all things to himself—having made peace through the blood of his cross—through him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.

R2L has also been proclaiming these truth's for a long time in this thread. Blessings to both of you.
Thanks JJ, rose is an old friend of mine ( must be going on 20 years by now) and we have had some good times on the web from the time I first met him there. We have spoken on the phone a few times, but have not yet met in person, which will be remedied once covid gives way and travel is allowed, which is coming up real soon here in Ontario. If I am not mistaken the next phase started today so hopefully in the next month or so myself and the wife will head up roses way and maybe have a coffee or two.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
By this time a lot of men and women of questionable reputation were hanging around Jesus, listening intently. The Pharisees and religion scholars were not pleased, not at all pleased. They growled, “He takes in sinners and eats meals with them, treating them like old friends.”

Their grumbling triggered this story.

Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn’t you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Celebrate with me! I’ve found my lost sheep!’ Count on it—there’s more joy in heaven over one sinner’s rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue. -MSG

99 is NOT enough
agreed, if even 1 soul is lost God missed His mark and I just don't ever see Him failing.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I know they don't enjoy anyone being lost but the question is, how can anyone live happily knowing, by just looking around your very house, neighborhood, stadium, etc. the vast majority of souls are in for a very rough ride. Must be burdensome living in that type of universe or eventually the pain wears off I guess.
Ya that is a dilemma for sure, how can someone truly be happy thinking their loved ones who did not believe in Jesus are being tormented for all eternity.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:53 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
I know they don't enjoy anyone being lost but the question is, how can anyone live happily knowing, by just looking around your very house, neighborhood, stadium, etc. the vast majority of souls are in for a very rough ride. Must be burdensome living in that type of universe or eventually the pain wears off I guess.
It does bother us, even to the point of tears. That’s why we share the Good News with anyone who will listen, and pray for those who won’t.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:56 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
most who believe in eternal torment or annihilation don't seem to understand that it is the old man nature being destroyed as Christ is being revealed. it is as though they do not believe they have an old man nature, yet the scriptures talk quite a bit about it.
Nonsense! What you speak of is sanctification of the believer. It has nothing to do with UR.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:57 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Ya that is a dilemma for sure, how can someone truly be happy thinking their loved ones who did not believe in Jesus are being tormented for all eternity.
I asked this very question to a dozen ministers....I got a dozen different answers...God will remove the memory of them from your mind....God did everything He could, it hurts Him more than you......God will end their suffering by snuffing them out.......Your loved ones chose evil over Good, God has to honor that....They were never His to begin with....

Old 07-16-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It does bother us, even to the point of tears. That’s why we share the Good News with anyone who will listen, and pray for those who won’t.
Jimmie if it bothers you so much, how much more torment do you think Jesus would be in for the one He could not save? if eternal torments is true it makes Jesus suffer loss for all eternity.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I asked this very question to a dozen ministers....I got a dozen different answers...God will remove the memory of them from your mind....God did everything He could, it hurts Him more than you......God will end their suffering by snuffing them out.......Your loved ones chose evil over Good, God has to honor that....They were never His to begin with....
Yup always some kind of excuse as long as they do not have to believe in the salvation of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity