Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 10:57 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You see a contradiction to what you believe because you THINK we have something to do with our salvation. We do NOT. Jesus saved us some 2022 years ago when He became one of us as God incarnate. Remember that is the true Gospel, right?

He also provided a personal Divine Revelation of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross so we would have faith in Him, hope for age-during life, and agape love for God and each other.
No; I see a contradiction between your two statements.

Maybe you can give a third statement that will reconcile them for me...

Quote:
Your obtuseness is the result of your obsession with sin and punishment. There is no fracking punishment, just well-earned consequences from what we have BECOME. If you have become a spiritually immature ANIMAL you will have earned the spiritual consequences that attend being a spiritually immature animal. If you have become a mature Spirit, you will have earned the spiritual consequences that attend being a mature Spirit. It is not rocket science.
Quote:
We don't have to earn our salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. We can put our trust and faith in Jesus because it is TRUE. We have nothing to do with our salvation.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

Not being able to see what Mystic is saying is just a continuation of displaying how blind you are, not seeing the difference between faith and believing.

Old 04-01-2022, 08:19 AM

4,622 posts, read 1,168,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He called him satan, you cannot get anymore damning than that. If this does not make clear to you that there is an old and new self and what is of the devil and one of God, then nothing will. The serpent did not impregnate Eve with serpent seed, a lying seed, yes, for just like Jesus' word(SEED) is the truth, the devil's word( SEED) is a lie..... He was a liar from the beginning and the Father of them.
Big difference in what Jesus said to Peter and what He called judas a devil. Jesus made it clear that only one of them is a devil, Judas Jn 6:70

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Now, correct, satan didnt impregnate eve with the serpent seed, but Adam did. Each child born of a women is either the seed of the serpent or the seed of the women and belongs to Christ.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Big difference in what Jesus said to Peter and what He called judas a devil. Jesus made it clear that only one of them is a devil, Judas Jn 6:70

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Now, correct, satan didnt impregnate eve with the serpent seed, but Adam did. Each child born of a women is either the seed of the serpent or the seed of the women and belongs to Christ.
So that old serpent the devil is not Satan.

Tut tut.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:02 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Nothing we earn has anything to do with our salvation because our salvation was done by Jesus and we have nothing to do with it. Your misguided belief that salvation means being saved from the negative consequences (what you consider punishments) we have earned that you call Hell is just wrong. Salvation saved us from separation from God NOT from any earned consequences we have from a lack of repentance. That is why you are confused.

What we DO earn are positive and negative consequences from what kind of Spirit we have BECOME. That is what is referred to as "what we build on the foundation of agape love Jesus laid for us." There are no "works," per se, to be burned up or rewarded as we live our lives with love and faith in Jesus as we are "saved as by fire." But there are positive and negative spiritual consequences of "works" that affect what we have BECOME. We would consider them pleasantly rewarding or regretful (of the weeping and gnashing of teeth type). That is why our "works" matter, but NOT for salvation.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Not being able to see what Mystic is saying is just a continuation of displaying how blind you are, not seeing the difference between faith and believing.
Faith and belief are synonyms.

If you see a difference between them in definition, by all means post it.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Nothing we earn has anything to do with our salvation because our salvation was done by Jesus and we have nothing to do with it. Your misguided belief that salvation means being saved from the negative consequences (what you consider punishments) we have earned that you call Hell is just wrong. Salvation saved us from separation from God NOT from any earned consequences we have from a lack of repentance. That is why you are confused.

What we DO earn are positive and negative consequences from what kind of Spirit we have BECOME. That is what is referred to as "what we build on the foundation of agape love Jesus laid for us." There are no "works," per se, to be burned up or rewarded as we live our lives with love and faith in Jesus as we are "saved as by fire." But there are positive and negative spiritual consequences of "works" that affect what we have BECOME. We would consider them pleasantly rewarding or regretful (of the weeping and gnashing of teeth type). That is why our "works" matter, but NOT for salvation.
I'm sorry, I have always considered that salvation is salvation from the consequences of sin. That we are forgiven and therefore do not have to pay those consequences ourselves because Jesus took the penalty.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Faith and belief are synonyms.

If you see a difference between them in definition, by all means post it.
On July 15 1859, Charles Blondin walked backward across the tightrope to Canada and returned pushing a wheelbarrow.

The Blondin story is told that it was after pushing a wheelbarrow across while blindfolded that Blondin asked for some audience participation. The crowds had watched and "Ooooohed" and "Aaaaahed!" He had proven that he could do it; of that, there was no doubt. But now he was asking for a volunteer to get into the wheelbarrow and take a ride across the Falls with him!

It is said that he asked his audience, "Do you believe I can carry a person across in this wheelbarrow?" Of course the crowd shouted that yes, they believed!

It was then that Blondin posed the question - "Who will get in the wheelbarrow?'

Of course...none did.

Old 04-01-2022, 07:14 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I have always considered that salvation is salvation from the consequences of sin. That we are forgiven and therefore do not have to pay those consequences ourselves because Jesus took the penalty.
I know, you and the vast majority of Christians as well. It is very sad that those who have passed had to find out the hard way that it is not true. That is the real "easy believism no work/faith alone ear-tickling" false Gospel that you keep talking about. The notion that faith in Jesus is all we need to do in this life to avoid any negative spiritual consequences in the next life is a powerful incentive. Jesus DID remove our need to become perfect, but He did NOT change whatever spiritual consequences we have actually earned by what kind of Spirit we have BECOME.

The negative spiritual consequences of what we BECOME are what all the warnings were about. They were NOT warnings of punishment from a wrathful and vengeful God who is so evil He would punish us in an eternal Hell. God wants us to have faith in the Good News Gospel that Jesus is actually God incarnate and that He has unambiguously revealed God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness, NOT wrath and vengeance.

God also wants us to have faith that the perfect Grace of Jesus has not only saved humanity from any permanent spiritual separation from God but also abides with us as the Comforter to help us AVOID any (temporary) negative spiritual consequences by following Jesus's instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail.

Old 04-01-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
On July 15 1859, Charles Blondin walked backward across the tightrope to Canada and returned pushing a wheelbarrow.

The Blondin story is told that it was after pushing a wheelbarrow across while blindfolded that Blondin asked for some audience participation. The crowds had watched and "Ooooohed" and "Aaaaahed!" He had proven that he could do it; of that, there was no doubt. But now he was asking for a volunteer to get into the wheelbarrow and take a ride across the Falls with him!

It is said that he asked his audience, "Do you believe I can carry a person across in this wheelbarrow?" Of course the crowd shouted that yes, they believed!

It was then that Blondin posed the question - "Who will get in the wheelbarrow?'

Of course...none did.
(I have heard the story).

So, how does that demonstrate the difference between faith and belief?

Which word applies to the person who would get into the wheelbarrow; and which word applies to the person who says he believes but would not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity