Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2022, 07:48 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
That is a powerful metaphor.

It makes one question how much the fundamentalist version of god actually values what it has supposedly bought and paid for. Back up the trailer, put down the ramp, wait a little while, and drive off with about 5% of the flock. And this despite knowing that the rest will remain in the pen, starving to death. Taking satisfaction in it even.

The fundy version of our Father has zero satisfaction for Him or us.

"In the Son all our sins are canceled and we have the release of redemption through his very blood. He is the divine portrait, the true likeness of the invisible God, and the firstborn heir of all creation. For in him was created the universe of things, both in the heavenly realm and on the earth, all that is seen and all that is unseen. Every seat of power, realm of government, principality, and authority it all exists through him and for his purpose! He existed before anything was made, and now everything finds completion in him. He is the beginning and the firstborn heir in resurrection, he is the most exalted One, holding first place in everything. God is satisfied to have all his fullness dwelling in Christ. By the blood of his cross, everything in heaven and earth is brought back to himself back to its original intent, restored to innocence again!" ~TPT

Old 05-14-2022, 08:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Some are unrighteous, and shall not inherit Salvation, the Kingdom 1 Cor 6:9

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

So i believe you arew deceived my friend.
You are misunderstanding these verses. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom, yet all will be made righteous eventually. It's that simple.

I know you will bring up verses about everlasting fire & the lake of fire, or maybe gehenna etc. Its ok, we've been over it. It is good news for all.

Romans 5
18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Like Rose2Luv said, it is a balanced equation

Old 05-14-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Every knee bows, every tongue confesses "You are Lord."

Note

"Shall confess" = homologeo

1 John 4:15 =

"Whosoever shall confess (homologeo) that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God."

Romans 14:11 =

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow (kampto) to me, and every tongue shall confess (homologeo) to God."
Amazing! Good study on the words - it is important to find the real meaning!

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexi...43/kjv/tr/0-1/

homologeo (exomologeō) meanings:
- to confess
- to profess
- acknowledge openly and joyfully
- to one's honour: to celebrate, give praise to
- to profess that one will do something, to promise, agree, engage

Old 05-14-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I don't think that the kjv is inaccurate in translating it as hell.

But what does it matter whether that place of torment is called hell or Gehenna?

Either way, there is a place of eternal torment that people will go to.
Neither hell or Gehenna is ever called a place of eternal torment in the bible. You are imprecise with your words and your understanding; your bias deceives you justbyfaith.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:48 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Lego: When flesh man attempts to express the glorious words of our God, it is a ghastly spectacle indeed.

Our God completes what He begins. The completion satisfies Him completely.

Outstanding news

The God of glory ultimately prevails

Every knee bows, every tongue confesses "You are Lord."

Note

"Shall confess" = homologeo

1 John 4:15 =

"Whosoever shall confess (homologeo) that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God."

Romans 14:11 =

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow (kampto) to me, and every tongue shall confess (homologeo) to God."
Rom 14:11, For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12, So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The "shall confess" here has to do with giving account of yourself to God...it has to do with confessing your sins.

Phl 2:11, And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Notice that every tongue "should confess" that Jesus Christ is Lord; not that every tongue "shall confess" that Jesus Christ is Lord.

The fact that it is the same Greek word that denotes confessing one's sins as what denotes confessing that Jesus is the Lord, or that He is the Son of God, in no way precludes that confessing one's sins (Romans 4:11-12) is the same thing as confessing that Jesus is Lord or that He is the Son of God.

Everyone will give an account of their behaviour on the day of judgment.

Not everyone will confess that Jesus is the Lord, or that He is the Son of God, on that day.

It is something that everyone "should" do; not something that everyone "will" do.

Quote:

The fundy version of our Father has zero satisfaction for Him or us.

"In the Son all our sins are canceled and we have the release of redemption through his very blood. He is the divine portrait, the true likeness of the invisible God, and the firstborn heir of all creation. For in him was created the universe of things, both in the heavenly realm and on the earth, all that is seen and all that is unseen. Every seat of power, realm of government, principality, and authority it all exists through him and for his purpose! He existed before anything was made, and now everything finds completion in him. He is the beginning and the firstborn heir in resurrection, he is the most exalted One, holding first place in everything. God is satisfied to have all his fullness dwelling in Christ. By the blood of his cross, everything in heaven and earth is brought back to himself back to its original intent, restored to innocence again!" ~TPT
Here you appear to be denying a very basic doctrine of holy scripture...

That we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2) and that we are saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Thus, no faith, no grace, and therefore no salvation.

It is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

If someone does not place their faith in Jesus before they pass on into the next life, they are out of luck. They will be judged by the Lord and because they never placed their faith in Christ and what He did for them on the Cross, their names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life and they will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15).

Old 05-15-2022, 05:11 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Rom 14:11, For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12, So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The "shall confess" here has to do with giving account of yourself to God...it has to do with confessing your sins.

Phl 2:11, And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Notice that every tongue "should confess" that Jesus Christ is Lord; not that every tongue "shall confess" that Jesus Christ is Lord.

The fact that it is the same Greek word that denotes confessing one's sins as what denotes confessing that Jesus is the Lord, or that He is the Son of God, in no way precludes that confessing one's sins (Romans 4:11-12) is the same thing as confessing that Jesus is Lord or that He is the Son of God.

Everyone will give an account of their behaviour on the day of judgment.

Not everyone will confess that Jesus is the Lord, or that He is the Son of God, on that day.

It is something that everyone "should" do; not something that everyone "will" do.

Here you appear to be denying a very basic doctrine of holy scripture...

That we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2) and that we are saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Thus, no faith, no grace, and therefore no salvation.

It is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

If someone does not place their faith in Jesus before they pass on into the next life, they are out of luck. They will be judged by the Lord and because they never placed their faith in Christ and what He did for them on the Cross, their names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life and they will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15).
I shouldn't do this but have to ask......what about those who never heard? Judged by their works? Your one contradiction jbf and again, after reading your 'NDE', I believe have serious issuse. Your NDE is unique out of thousands, very disturbing. Might explain your fascination with humankind burning forever, like there is an enjoyment. Seek help.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:34 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I shouldn't do this but have to ask......what about those who never heard? Judged by their works? Your one contradiction jbf and again, after reading your 'NDE', I believe have serious issuse. Your NDE is unique out of thousands, very disturbing. Might explain your fascination with humankind burning forever, like there is an enjoyment. Seek help.

Hal: of course you should ask.

Today, and every day across this globe, over 15,000 children die under age 5. Most have never heard the Name JESUS, or had an encounter with Him. The tag team of Dumb & Dumber proclaim, too bad for them.

There are many individuals so broken with disease and despair only a reach from our blessed ABBA will suffice.

Father proclaims =

The whole of created life "shall be delivered."

Old 05-15-2022, 06:56 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
Hal: of course you should ask.

Today, and every day across this globe, over 15,000 children die under age 5. Most have never heard the Name JESUS, or had an encounter with Him. The tag team of Dumb & Dumber proclaim, too bad for them.

There are many individuals so broken with disease and despair only a reach from our blessed ABBA will suffice.

Father proclaims =

The whole of created life "shall be delivered."
I know dumb and dumber will eventually be delivered but I do not like people who profess to be spokespersons for God when they reverse the roll of satan and God. A God, according to them. who has no choice but to condemn most of mankind to eternity in an oven, with no hope of escape....forever and ever and ever and ever...something so sadistic , it is hard to imagine yet this is the message of the church of Christ? No wonder it was handed over to satan for a short season, satan overcomes the saints for a short time...I believe we are in that time now because of the twisted teaching of eternal torment. Yeah. THAT big a deal too.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I know dumb and dumber will eventually be delivered but I do not like people who profess to be spokespersons for God when they reverse the roll of satan and God. A God, according to them. who has no choice but to condemn most of mankind to eternity in an oven, with no hope of escape....forever and ever and ever and ever...something so sadistic , it is hard to imagine yet this is the message of the church of Christ? No wonder it was handed over to satan for a short season, satan overcomes the saints for a short time...I believe we are in that time now because of the twisted teaching of eternal torment. Yeah. THAT big a deal too.

Eternal torment is literally the most evil and sadistic thing imaginable that could happen to anyone... but most of the modern church preaches that God (who loves us) does this to the majority of His creation....

This belief actually induces a fear so great that logic and understanding is removed. Or it drives people to become atheists because the idea is untenable (among other reasons).

You are right that Satan has deceived most into believing this.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Eternal torment is literally the most evil and sadistic thing imaginable that could happen to anyone... but most of the modern church preaches that God (who loves us) does this to the majority of His creation....

This belief actually induces a fear so great that logic and understanding is removed. Or it drives people to become atheists because the idea is untenable (among other reasons).

You are right that Satan has deceived most into believing this.
The eternal torment doctrine of the modern churches is what they want to hear because it itches their ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity