Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 12:39 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Nope your not acting obtuse you really are that obtuse.

Bye
Looks like I won the argument.

Of course I'm not being obtuse; I'm actually being sharp...

Does aionios life come to an end?

If it does, then it isn't endless...and the gospel isn't really even good news.

If it doesn't, then neither does aoinios punishment come to an end.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 03-31-2022 at 12:58 AM..

Old 03-31-2022, 12:58 AM

So, you say, the aion comes to an end in which aionios life is given; and then life continues on after it.

However, in that case, the life that is given can't be defined by "aionios" (for aionios life comes to an end) but can only be defined by "endless".

Unless aoinios life is endless life; in that aionios is defined as "everlasting" (as the kjv renders it).

And if aionios life is endless life, then aionios punishment is endless punishment.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:19 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,173,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Oh dear a believer being called Satan and some.
Thing about it, Peter was a child of God, not of the devil. He was one of Christs Sheep

Old 03-31-2022, 03:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Thing about it, Peter was a child of God, not of the devil. He was one of Christs Sheep
He called him satan, you cannot get anymore damning than that. If this does not make clear to you that there is an old and new self and what is of the devil and one of God, then nothing will. The serpent did not impregnate Eve with serpent seed, a lying seed, yes, for just like Jesus' word(SEED) is the truth, the devil's word( SEED) is a lie..... He was a liar from the beginning and the Father of them.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He called him satan, you cannot get anymore damning than that. If this does not make clear to you that there is an old and new self and what is of the devil and one of God, then nothing will. The serpent did not impregnate Eve with serpent seed, a lying seed, yes, for just like Jesus' word(SEED) is the truth, the devil's word( SEED) is a lie..... He was a liar from the beginning and the Father of them.
Actually, Peter was not converted until after Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 22:31-32).

Old 03-31-2022, 06:36 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Looks like I won the argument.
Of course I'm not being obtuse; I'm actually being sharp...
Does aionios life come to an end?
If it does, then it isn't endless...and the gospel isn't really even good news.
If it doesn't, then neither does aoinios punishment come to an end.
Your obtuseness is the result of your obsession with sin and punishment. There is no fracking punishment, just well-earned consequences from what we have BECOME. If you have become a spiritually immature ANIMAL you will have earned the spiritual consequences that attend being a spiritually immature animal. If you have become a mature Spirit, you will have earned the spiritual consequences that attend being a mature Spirit. It is not rocket science.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your obtuseness is the result of your obsession with sin and punishment. There is no fracking punishment, just well-earned consequences from what we have BECOME. If you have become a spiritually immature ANIMAL you will have earned the spiritual consequences that attend being a spiritually immature animal. If you have become a mature Spirit, you will have earned the spiritual consequences that attend being a mature Spirit. It is not rocket science.
We can never earn salvation (see Romans 4:1-8, esp. v.4).

Old 03-31-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
We can never earn salvation (see Romans 4:1-8, esp. v.4).
We don't have to earn our salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. We can put our trust and faith in Jesus because it is TRUE. We have nothing to do with our salvation.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
We don't have to earn our salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. We can put our trust and faith in Jesus because it is TRUE. We have nothing to do with our salvation.
I am seeing a disconnect in what you are saying;

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I am seeing a disconnect in what you are saying;
You seem to be contradicting yourself.
You see a contradiction to what you believe because you THINK we have something to do with our salvation. We do NOT. Jesus saved us some 2022 years ago when He became one of us as God incarnate. Remember that is the true Gospel, right?

He also provided a personal Divine Revelation of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross so we would have faith in Him, hope for age-during life, and agape love for God and each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity