Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2022, 05:13 AM

1,091 posts, read 277,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
I took time to explain the error of the way of the false teachings of universalism. Jesus told some He never knew them and commanded them to depart from Him!
Brightfame52 is a false teacher since he disregards the word of God as the scripture declares that the flesh works iniquity, not the breath of God. And that the flesh is being told to depart from us, in Christ.

The pride, haughtiness and wickedness of Brightfame52 disregards this truth, and in so doing he preaches condemnation against the breath of God, the spirit of man that was created in the image of God.

I've taken time to explain the errors of your false teachings and the wickedness of your heart !

Old 06-10-2022, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
If you can give a solidly biblical answer to the question "why did God create the human race"? you will see why universalism isn't true.
All things were created through and for Christ and for His glory. That God may be all in all.

Isa 43:7 Every one that is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, I have formed him, yea, I have made him.'

Col 1:16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things have been created through him, and unto him,

1Co 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

I'm not sure why this would discredit universalism.

But go ahead, tell us.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:40 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
If you can give a solidly biblical answer to the question "why did God create the human race"? you will see why universalism isn't true.

"In His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence. For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure--to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. In Him we have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will..." ~R.F. Weymouth

Old 06-10-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

"In His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence. For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure--to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. In Him we have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will..." ~R.F. Weymouth
The poster (1689dave) doesn't realize that Christ is the called One, the ELECT ONE of God, and all in Christ are called and elect IN HIM:

Isa 42:1 Behold My servant, whom I uphold; Mine elect, in whom My soul delighteth; I have put My spirit upon him, he shall make the right to go forth to the nations.

Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and have taken hold of thy hand, and kept thee, and set thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the nations;
Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images.

And all are IN CHRIST:

Col 1:16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things have been created through him, and unto him,

Act 17:28 for in him we live, and move, and have our being, as certain even of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Blessings to you, R2L!

Old 06-10-2022, 06:25 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
The poster (1689dave) doesn't realize that Christ is the called One, the ELECT ONE of God, and all in Christ are called and elect IN HIM:

Isa 42:1 Behold My servant, whom I uphold; Mine elect, in whom My soul delighteth; I have put My spirit upon him, he shall make the right to go forth to the nations.

Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and have taken hold of thy hand, and kept thee, and set thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the nations;
Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images.

And all are IN CHRIST:

Act 17:28 for in him we live, and move, and have our being, as certain even of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Blessings to you, R2L!
This needs repeating. How can anyone dispute this? All things created by Him.

(Did you know the latest maps of the universe show that the universe looks almost identical to a neuron cell in our brains and how they are networked? ) ... for in Him we live, move and have our being....literally.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
If he knew what he was doing, which I am sure he has no clue but if he does...this is borderline blasphemy against the Holy Spirit......to preach condemnation against the spirit of man, made in God's image and is in fact, the very breath of God. To condemn this???...
I've often thought about this too. Those who preach condemnation against the soul, that is: condemnation against the spirit, have been taught to do so. And in doing so they have received the spirit of Calvin, if you will, rather than the Spirit of Christ.

As important as Calvin was/is to the Protestant Reformation, I don't actually believe Calvin was born of God. He did not exhibit the Spirit of Christ, by loving those he deemed to be his enemies. It's one thing to object/debate and call-out your opponents for what you believe to be false teachings, etc., however, Calvin (like Saul) persecuted and executed (by tribunal) those who opposed his teachings/doctrines. And Calvin did so by testifying/prosecuting and consenting to their death.

Christ instructed us to love our enemies and warned us about those who don't, here:

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy;
Mat 5:44 but I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you,

Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Therefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

And John warned us about those who hated, here:

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer; and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in himself.

Last edited by jjGuru; 06-10-2022 at 06:55 AM..

Old 06-10-2022, 07:50 AM

553 posts, read 171,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I don't actually believe Calvin was born of God. He did not exhibit the Spirit of Christ, by loving those he deemed to be his enemies. It's one thing to object/debate and call-out your opponents for what you believe to be false teachings, etc., however, Calvin (like Saul) persecuted and executed (by tribunal) those who opposed his teachings/doctrines. And Calvin did so by testifying/prosecuting and consenting to their death.
There are other factors to consider regarding even someone such as Calvin. One factor is a diseased brain (or malformed areas of the brain). Saul was cured of "something." Perhaps the scales falling from his eyes was a euphemism for the healing of mental illness?
Scientists may have identified a key biological marker in psychopaths

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ths/ar-AAY5vnF
Neuroscientists from three distinct universities discovered the psychopathic marker. They used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans to look for markers in the brains of psychopathic and non-psychopathic people.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:55 AM

4,621 posts, read 1,168,990 times
As stated earlier, the false teaching of universalism totally ignores the seperation God has made among mankind, some belonging to Him as a peculiar treasure, while others do not, whom He has rejected. God said to Israel, a type/picture of His special chosen people Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

See God has in Christ chosen from amongst mankind a certain people, Loved by Him to BE SPECIAL TO HIM ! The word special means:

possession, property

valued property, peculiar treasure

treasure ,to shut up; wealth (as closely shut up):—jewel, peculiar (treasure), proper good, special.

You know how someone may take a very special pieces of jewelry and shut it away for safety, protection ? God has a people He does that with, a people He considers ABOVE all other people !

The false teaching of universalism denies this Truth of scripture.

Old 06-10-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
There are other factors to consider regarding even someone such as Calvin. One factor is a diseased brain (or malformed areas of the brain). Saul was cured of "something." Perhaps the scales falling from his eyes was a euphemism for the healing of mental illness?
Scientists may have identified a key biological marker in psychopaths

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ths/ar-AAY5vnF
Neuroscientists from three distinct universities discovered the psychopathic marker. They used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans to look for markers in the brains of psychopathic and non-psychopathic people.
Years ago, when my youngest daughter was doing her doctoral research in Clinical Psychology we would engage in discussions about obsessive/compulsive disorders and depressive illnesses within the framework/context of religion.

I'm not an expert in any of this, however, but I'm always willing to share my opinions

From our discussions, and what I think might actually happen, is that when the brain is continually assaulted/indoctrinated with depressive thoughts/ideas/thinking, such as "hell fire", "condemnation", "reprobation", etc., particularly when such ideas are said to be decreed by a supernatural power wherein no escape is possible (as in the double predestination doctrine of Calvinism), that those subjected to it, and who might also have a predisposition thereto, begin to undergo a chemical change in their brain that causes certain neurons to temporarily stop functioning/transmitting/receiving until a re-balancing of the brain chemicals (serotonin?) takes place. What we think has a tremendous impact on how we think, and perhaps why Paul said the following:

Php_4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Mental illness, depression/anxiety, etc., within the framework of religion, is a fascinating topic, one that I hope others are willing to chime in on.

Old 06-10-2022, 09:37 AM

4,621 posts, read 1,168,990 times
Opposing to those who believe Christ died for all and therefore all will be saved, the scripture teaches that Christ did not lay down His life for the sheep and the goats, but solely for the sheep Matt 15:24, His people Matt 1:21, those whom God has chosen to save according to His will Eph 1:4. The Good Shepherd doesnt seek for His goats, for He has none. The Good Shepherd is only the Shepherd of the sheep Jn 10:2, His sheep, which are all the sheep that there are. Just as the wheat will be gathered into the Father's barn and the tares thrown into the fire, so also, the sheep will be separated from the goats Matt 13 and Matt 25 !

Notice in Matt 25:32

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

He divideth His Sheep from the goats, who obviously are not His Own, but them He never knew Matt 7:23, but He knows His Sheep

Jn 10:14

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

All dont know Jesus, 2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity