Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2020, 02:55 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
"The Angel showed me Water-of-Life River, crystal bright. It flowed from the Throne of God and the Lamb, right down the middle of the street...The leaves of the Tree are for healing the nations. Never again will anything be cursed." (MSG)Rev.22

Healing = theurapeuo =

To cure/ to heal the sick.

Healing = therapeia =

Medical service of curing & healing.
Later in Rev. 22

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:34 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Later in Rev. 22

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Good one jimmiej, we can't let them deceive the punters by cherry picking scripture out of the context in which it was intended.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:00 PM

846 posts, read 609,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't belong to a religious establishment or Organization, so I am not representing a religion.
And there is nothing more hostile than a false claim of eternal damnation, while condemning others.
It is not a claim but straight from God’s word.

The problem is you think eternal separation is a theory about something that will happen. The fallacy of this is that the eternal separation has already happened. But God is giving you a get out of jail free card. All you have to do is accept it.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:06 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post

The problem is you think eternal separation is a theory about something that will happen. The fallacy of this is that the eternal separation has already happened. But God is giving you a get out of jail free card. All you have to do is accept it.
Don't worry too much about him Kjoe, he admits that the Holy Scripture were written by men, whose words cannot be trusted.

I don't know why he even bothers to frequent the religion Forums.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Don't worry too much about him Kjoe, he admits that the Holy Scripture were written by men, whose words cannot be trusted.

I don't know why he even bothers to frequent the religion Forums.
Because, neither one of you are gods, nor am I in need that you teach me or tell me how to interpret something. Especially, when I speak multiple languages and studied linguistics for over 38 years, including various translations. And, yes, the Scriptures were written by men, which is inclusive of multiple cultures and beliefs making the Bible syncretistic in nature, or if you prefer a hodgepodge of various beliefs that have been mixed and blended in one central belief system called Christianism. Interesting how the anointed sides with a fundamentalist who believes in eternal punishment and the false pit of HELL. Way to pick your team, Mate! ROTHLMAO

Last edited by Jerwade; 04-14-2020 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Removed a word.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Because, neither one of you are gods, nor am I in need that you teach me or tell me how to interpret something. Especially, when I speak multiple languages and studied linguistics for over 38 years, including various translations. And, yes, the Scriptures were written by men, which is inclusive of multiple cultures and beliefs systems making the Bible syncretistic in nature, or if you prefer a hodgepodge of various beliefs that have been mixed and blended in one central belief system called Christianism. Interesting how the anointed sides with a fundamentalist who believes in eternal punishment and the false pit of HELL. Way to pick your team, Mate! ROTHLMAO
Do you not complain to mods crying “he said I am not a christian” when you just admitted that you don’t believe? Or am I reading your resume incorrectly?

I am not saying that you are not Christian. It just sounds like you are proclaiming that you are not?

Old 04-14-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Do you not complain to mods crying “he said I am not a christian” when you just admitted that you don’t believe? Or am I reading your resume correctly?
I don't complain, nor twist what others say, other than to clarify through questioning, and never have. If I have something to say, then I say it to the person themselves. And, no, I just find some things bogus, which has nothing to do with God, rather it's your own interpretation. Although, it is NOT up to you to decide who is or isn't, especially when you follow a false doctrine that has been taught in the Churches of men, nothing godly about them.

Last edited by Jerwade; 04-14-2020 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: removed a word

Old 04-14-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Later in Rev. 22

If you believe in eternal torment, then you are outside that gate?

Old 04-14-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I don't complain, nor twist what others say, other than to clarify through questioning, and never have. If I have something to say, then I say it to the person themselves. And, no, I just find some things bogus, which has nothing to do with God, rather it's your own interpretation. Although, it is NOT up to you to decide who is or isn't, especially when you follow a false doctrine that has been taught in the Churches of men, nothing godly about them.
Yet you didn’t answer the question. You gave us a tale full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Old 04-14-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Do you not complain to mods crying “he said I am not a christian” when you just admitted that you don’t believe? Or am I reading your resume incorrectly?

I am not saying that you are not Christian. It just sounds like you are proclaiming that you are not?
Quote:
Quote:
Yet you didn’t answer the question. You gave us a tale full of sound and fury signifying nothing.
You asked if I complain to the mods, although it was in the form of a statement, not a question.
And I gave you an answer - but apparently you are not able to comprehend what was said?

And nowhere did I say I don't believe, however I surely do not believe in eternal torment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity