Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 02:03 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subject’s response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
And which man, whose words cannot be trusted wrote that for you Bro?

Or are you saying, that you now believe that God is the author of the Holy Scriptures?

Or could it be that you want it both ways? What you want to believe, is the recorded inspired words of the Lord, and what you don't want to believe is the written words of men, whose words cannot be trusted?

A reed that bends whichever way the wind chooses to blow it. Love ya mate.
It is not necessary that I view the Scriptures as the inerrant or infallible, as for the reed that bends?
In the winds of change, we find new direction. You don't want to put new wine in old wine-skins, Mate.

Old 04-19-2020, 05:33 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
Quote:
It is not necessary that I view the Scriptures as the inerrant or infallible, as for the reed that bends?
In the winds of change, we find new direction. You don't want to put new wine in old wine-skins, Mate.
There are those who have turned the Living God into a paper God of black letters & red letters with zero attention to the white spaces between the lines.

https://http4281.wordpress.com/2019/...ally-mean-all/

Old 04-19-2020, 12:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Fifteen Answers - not plagiarized

1 If God will have all men to be saved, and if most men are lost, then how can God be supreme (1 Tim.2:3,4)?

God desires all men to be saved - but not all men will be saved.
In the OT - the Lord wanted to protect Israel, but they were unwilling. God is supreme... people have a choice.

2 If Christ is the Propitiation for the sins of the whole world, did He die in vain for the lost (1 John 2:2)?

No.

3 If God is going to reconcile the universe through Christ, how can some be tormented forever (Col. 1:20)?

The "bill" for sin has been paid for everybody, but not everyone will choose His payment.

4 How can God, in Christ, gather all things together as one while billions remain eternally estranged (Eph.1:10)?

The summing up of all things includes the good and the bad. It's all things.

5 If all die in Adam, and a few are made alive in Christ, how can grace much more abound than sin (Rom. 5:20)?

God's grace is about God, not about us. His grace led to sending Christ to die for the sins of all.

6 If all men are condemned by Adam’s offense, why are not all justified by the one just award (Rom. 5:18)?

We are physically connected to Adam through physical birth. We are not by default connected to Christ. We become connected to Christ when we receive the Holy Spirit. We receive the Holy Spirit when we believe in the gospel of Christ.

7 If all die in Adam, why shall not all be made alive in Christ (1 Cor. 15:22)?

Because they reject the gospel of Christ.

8 How can every knee bow confessing Christ Lord, to God’s glory, unless reconciled (Phil. 2:10,11)?

Being that v 10 says - so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, - I think that covers people in all locations.

9 If Christ only hath immortality, how can any of the dead be alive now (1 Tim. 6:14-16; 1 Cor. 15:53, 54)?

I don't know what you are asking. Or should I say what the author is asking.

10 If the wicked go to hell as soon as they die, why are they raised and judged later (Rev. 20:11-15)?

Because they will as the Scripture says. Hell and the lake of fire are two different things.

11 Since the lake of fire is the second death, what happens to the wicked when death is destroyed (1 Cor.15:26)?

They are thrown in the lake of fire. See the verse reference in the previous question.

12 If “forever” means “eternity” what does “forever and ever” mean?

Is this a real question?

13 If God is Love and has all power, will He not find away to save all (1 Tim. 4:9-11)?

Love is based on freedom of choice. Otherwise it's not love. Therefore He works through our choice.

14 If Christ is to reign for ever and ever, what does it mean that He will abdicate His throne (Rev. 11:15; 1 Cor. 15:24)?

Rev. 11:15 is referring to Christ on the earth. Christ will hand all under His authority to the Father in the end. Did you read 1 Corinthians 15:25-26 - or are you just mindlessly parroting what others say?

15 Will God ever actually become All in all (1 Cor.15:28)?

Yes - but likely not as you believe - or I believe.

-V.E. Jacobson-

-DRob4JC-
The weakest rebuttal of UR i have ever seen. Question 3.... Only in the mind of an evangelical would you ever have a situation where the bill IS fully paid for but it really isn't unless you believe it is. It's absolute nonsense, that deserves nothing other than derision. How is it when you become an evangelical christian, you take a leave of your senses ?.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:25 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
There are those who have turned the Living God into a paper God of black letters & red letters with zero attention to the white spaces between the lines.

https://http4281.wordpress.com/2019/...ally-mean-all/
Be careful of those “white spaces”. That’s where Satan lives.

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

Old 04-19-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

You do realize this serpent is within the person themselves, the human nature as they were naked, cunning and subtle, hiding themselves? You also really need to stop blaming others while hiding behind this mythological belief in Satan and Hell. And accept responsibility for your own thoughts, deeds and actions.

Old 04-19-2020, 02:02 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
You do realize this serpent is within the person themselves, the human nature as they were naked, cunning and subtle, hiding themselves? You also really need to stop blaming others while hiding behind this mythological belief in Satan and Hell. And accept responsibility for your own thoughts, deeds and actions.

Old 04-19-2020, 02:41 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Genesis 3

it is kind of the void , the only void.... when men run from God's presence in fear, since the fall onwards ....to hide where he is not there..... to be where God is not there.
I call it Death.... it is where men make up stuff...and hell is there too...
Life is found in His words.. He only has life.. with his words he created all life...
certainly not the blank white pages of the minds around us ..

I know in my 3 1/2 years of trails, if I hadn't known/heard/see/..... his Word/ words( HS ) very well..
and I think after fifty years of study I still didn't know it like I should have.. or have just forgotten stuff too .. and having old moments maybe.. so much stress etc.... that makes you forget too ..
if I couldn't hang onto his Word about who he hays he is..and remembered the songs of his praise in my head to tell me in that moment.. who he is.. no matter my perceptions....... I really would have not been able to stand... those are the only things that kind of helped..

because it was and is a fight about my perceptions...of what he is doing..

and perceptions are tricky..and he is trickier.
and the real fight was to draw near to him....when your perceptions were saying "Oh heck NO" or evermore flowery terms...... because He has pushed you way way out there... past you ...
youhave to remember who He says he is or you won't stand..

stand and when you can't stand stand somemore..
you only do that when you trust him..and who he says He is..
where he has given us true example of who he really is..those are in His word..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 04-19-2020 at 03:05 PM..

Old 04-19-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
it is kind of the void .. where God is not there.
I call it death.... it is where men make up stuff...and hell is there too...
You should stop making up stuff?

Old 04-19-2020, 02:46 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
That concept was such an important one for me to finally get. I'd always believed there was this evil being that was, for all intents and purposes, as powerful as God, and out to get me! AND had a huge army of demons to do his bidding. It was a debilitating belief in so many ways. When I realized it was me, and me alone, that was at the core of all my issues, it was liberating. I could stop fighting imaginary evil beings, and begin to focus completely on how to abide in God ... not out of fear, but out of desire.

Old 04-19-2020, 04:00 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,459 times
Quote:

I realise that it is not necessary that you view the Scriptures as inerrant or infallible. You are entitled to use your God given free will in all things, but my question to you is why do you sometimes us the Holy Scriptures as though they are inerrant and infallible, when it suits you, and other times, when they contradict your erroneous beliefs, as being totally unreliable, and are not the words of the Lord, but the words written by men, whose words cannot be trusted.

You appear to speak with two different tongues, or perhaps just a forked tongue. Which one is it mate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity