Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 07:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Sorry about that mate, but my post was meant to be in response to Birdy's post #1393, who believes that there is no everlasting death as the punishment for the unrepentant wicked, who according to Revelation 21: 8; are cast into the lake of fire which is the second death, where the wicked minds that had suffered the first death, which was the body in which those wicked minds had developed, then enter into eternal oblivion, no more pain, no more suffering, no more life.
Repeating that nonsense of eternal oblivion for a finite life is asinine, and has nothing to do with the truth. But I know you will continue repeating that false notion, until the day you die. Retribution is all you think about which has nothing to do with correction. You haven't a clue, when it comes to the Lake of fire; a haven or safe harbor where fundamentalists such as yourself will have to undergo being corrected in the Presence of the LAMB - and his true messengers.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-26-2020 at 07:13 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 09:16 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Repeating that nonsense of eternal oblivion for a finite life is asinine, and has nothing to do with the truth. But I know you will continue repeating that false notion, until the day you die. Retribution is all you think about which has nothing to do with correction. You haven't a clue, when it comes to the Lake of fire; a haven or safe harbor where fundamentalists such as yourself will have to undergo being corrected in the Presence of the LAMB - and his true messengers.
And the dead, those disembodied spirits=minds that had developed in the physical bodies, which had suffered the first death, and had long since decomposed and returned to the elements from which they were created, stood before the judgement seat of God, Revelation 20: 12; " And I saw the dead, great and small alike, standing before the throne.

This is after the thousand year rule of Christ and the heavenly fire has incinerated all physical life forms on this planet, as foretold through Zephaniah, a prophet of the Lord.

Books were opened, and then another book was opened, the book of the living. The dead were judged according to what they had done, (While in the flesh) as recorded in the books.

It is then that the Son of Man, as revealed by Jesus in Matthew 25: 31; "Comes as King and all the angels with him, he will sit on his royal throne,

32and the people of all the nations will be gathered before him. Then he will divide them into two groups, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

33He will put the righteous people on his right and the others on his left.

34Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!

I'm not interested with the beliefs of those who condemn the Biblical God and accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against mankind, my only interest here, is the truths as revealed in the words of the Lord God our savior, who said in Revelation 21: 3; I heard a loud voice speaking from the throne: “Now God's home is with human beings! He will live with them, and they shall be his people.

God himself will be with them, and he will be their God. 4He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, no more grief or crying or pain. The old things have disappeared.”

5Then the one who sits on the throne said, “And now I make all things new!” He also said to me, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.”

6And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it.

7Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children.

8But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

After those unrepentant spirits have been divided from God eternal soul, and the resurrection comes round again, in the new world, HE will create for those portions of HIS divine universal animating force, new Bodies, in which new Minds=Spirits will develop.

While drinking from God' fountain
That vast and endless sea
I felt a strange sensation
As someone else there, drank of ME......The Anointed.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not interested with the beliefs of those who condemn the Biblical God and accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against mankind, ... <snip>
Yet, you are the one who continues to accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:38 AM

3,061 posts, read 913,627 times
Quote:
Yet, you are the one who continues to accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity.
If I quote the righteous action of God as recorded in the OT, how can I be accusing him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity.

In post # 1356, you wrote. “No worries, Mate, I wouldn't follow a god that would slaughter innocent women and children. That's not a god I would serve under any circumstance, etc.”

This was in reference to God’s command to his prophet Samuel, to order King Saul to destroy the Amalekite nation, where in post # 1352 you wrote; “ I didn't think so. Because you cannot justify the slaughtering of men, women, and children or infants. But don't forget to slaughter the oxen and donkeys as well. They might actually start talking to you.”

Now you lie again, by saying that I am the one who continues to accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity, when everyone who has followed this thread, Know, that unlike yourself, I accept the God of the Bible as being a righteous Judge, who said to Moses in Exodus 34: 6; The Lord God is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion and truth. maintaining loving devotion to a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin. Yet He will by no means excuse the guilty; He will visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”

The God who ordered the destruction of the Amalekite nation, which you believe was an atrocity against mankind.

If I were to attempt to understand the righteousness of God’s actions, it would be likened to a worm attempting to understand the mind of man.

But you dare to condemn God for his righteous actions, and refuse to serve him under any circumstance.

And that is your God given right of free will, But I would hate to be in your position on the day that the ‘SON OF MAN’ divides the sheep from the goats.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
If I quote the righteous action of God as recorded in the OT, how can I be accusing him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity.

In post # 1356, you wrote. “No worries, Mate, I wouldn't follow a god that would slaughter innocent women and children. That's not a god I would serve under any circumstance, etc.”

This was in reference to God’s command to his prophet Samuel, to order King Saul to destroy the Amalekite nation, where in post # 1352 you wrote; “ I didn't think so. Because you cannot justify the slaughtering of men, women, and children or infants. But don't forget to slaughter the oxen and donkeys as well. They might actually start talking to you.”

Now you lie again, by saying that I am the one who continues to accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity, when everyone who has followed this thread, Know, that unlike yourself, I accept the God of the Bible as being a righteous Judge, who said to Moses in Exodus 34: 6; The Lord God is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion and truth. maintaining loving devotion to a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin. Yet He will by no means excuse the guilty; He will visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”

The God who ordered the destruction of the Amalekite nation, which you believe was an atrocity against mankind.

If I were to attempt to understand the righteousness of God’s actions, it would be likened to a worm attempting to understand the mind of man.

But you dare to condemn God for his righteous actions, and refuse to serve him under any circumstance.

And that is your God given right of free will, But I would hate to be in your position on the day that the ‘SON OF MAN’ divides the sheep from the goats.
Since when as wiping out folk been considered righteous action ?.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:45 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the…

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

ta pavnte/ ta panta, “in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.”

**It is not in the limited sense of “nearly all”, “pavnte” minus “ta”

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix “re” means back again, again, anew–and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis

Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 AM

The law of circularity requires that even as all things began in Christ, all shall end in Christ.

"I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end, the first and the last," says the Lord (Rev. 22:13).

Only the glorious mind of Christ can reveal to our hearts what that means!

Through a glass darkly I can see that He was the first - "before all things."

Can I also believe that He is the last?

If He is the beginning can my feeble mind dare to comprehend what it signifies when He says that He is also the end?

All that existed IN CHRIST before the ages began, shall return into Him again that He may be the FIRST and the LAST, the BEGINNING and the END.

All that came out of Him, lowered into the realm of the negative, completes its circuit and returns once more to its former estate - IN GOD! The first Adam had power to take ALL with him into death, without their knowledge, or consent: therefore, the Last Adam, the Lord from heaven, gathers up the same number in His redemptive work and man who came out of God shall return, that the circle may be unbroken. -J. Preston Eby-

Old 05-27-2020, 08:56 AM

"BUT WHEN A STRONGER THAN HE SHALL COME UPON HIM AND OVERCOME HIM, HE TAKES FROM HIM ALL HIS ARMOR, WHEREIN HE TRUSTED AND DIVIDES HIS SPOILS." (-Luke 11:22) (Matt. 12: 29)-

Christ is stronger than satan.

Christ will overcome satan.

Christ will take from him all his armor.

Christ will divide (take away his spoils.)

Each of these statements contradicts the creed that teaches…

Evil is stronger than good.

That evil overcomes good in numberless cases.

That satan’s power for evil is not taken away, but lasts for ever.

That his spoils - the souls he has captured - are not divided & taken from him.

Our Lord’s victory over the powers of evil does not consist in shutting up any of their captives in hell, but in liberating all.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not interested with the beliefs of those who condemn the Biblical God and accuse him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against mankind,... <snip>
Quote:
Quote:
If I quote the righteous action of God as recorded in the OT, how can I be accusing him of being an evil God, who commits horrendous atrocities against humanity. <snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Since when is wiping out folk been considered righteous action ?.
He doesn't get it, rather he just continues with his nonsense that God ordered the slaughtering of innocent women and children, including infants, along with animals. The absurdity is overwhelming when it comes to his belief system. And he doesn't comprehend the language variables, insisting that those who do not see it the way he does is condemned to everlasting punishment. In addition, the Bible or Scriptures he worships are not the inerrant or infallible word of God, which is contrary to reason. Although, he can believe, whatever he desires.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
He doesn't get it, rather he just continues with his nonsense that God ordered the slaughtering of innocent women and children, including infants, along with animals. The absurdity is overwhelming when it comes to his belief system. And he doesn't comprehend the language variables, insisting that those who do not see it the way he does is condemned to everlasting punishment. In addition, the Bible or Scriptures he worships are not the inerrant or infallible word of God, which is contrary to reason. Although, he can believe, whatever he desires.

Yup: much silly in a world of gobbeldegook!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity