Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 08:41 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times

Advertisements

Builders beware!

"Let every builder do his work carefully, according to God's standards. For no one is empowered to lay an alternative foundation other than the good foundation that exists, which is Jesus Christ! The quality of materials used by anyone building on this foundation will soon be made apparent, whether it has been built with gold, silver, and costly stones, or wood, hay, and straw. Their work will soon become evident, for the Day will make it clear, because it will be revealed by blazing fire! And the fire will test and prove the workmanship of each builder. If his work stands the test of fire, he will be rewarded. If his work is consumed by the fire, he will suffer great loss. Yet he himself will barely escape destruction, like one being rescued out of a burning house." ~TPT

Old 08-25-2022, 11:22 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Who's demanding anything from you? Do you hear voices? There is no one to 'hear'.....and there is not any cost to just being human. Life itself is cost enough. I cannot get over your arrogance when you 'confess' your deep dark sins to some regular Joe Schmo human who should not be called 'Father'. You know he's gonna go home and tell Karen. Must be a burden for priests to carry all those other people's sins around with them. I venture to say it's probably nightmare-ish.

Good grief man! Read your own post again and get a grip! You think because you say 10000 hail Mary's you are one of the elect? I'll phone my Grandmother in heaven, she's probably got connections.
Probably the same burden counselors and psychiatrists have, right?

Old 08-25-2022, 11:57 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,381,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Must be a burden for priests to carry all those other people's sins around with them. I venture to say it's probably nightmare-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Probably the same burden counselors and psychiatrists have, right?
I've heard much less than that - absolved and forgotten. (Jeremiah 31:34)
No records made or kept.

Luke 15:7 -Jesus said, “In the same way there is more happiness in heaven because of one sinner who turns to God than over ninety-nine good people who don’t need to.”

Old 08-25-2022, 08:14 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
“God is not angry with you and never has been. He loves you with an everlasting love.

Salvation is not a question of “turn or burn.” We’re burning already, but we don’t have to be!

Redemption!

The life and death of Christ showed us how far God would go to extend forgiveness and invitation. His resurrection marked the death of death and the evacuation of hades. My hope is in Christ, who rightfully earned his judgment seat and verdict is restorative justice, that is to say, mercy. & hope. That is my bias, and I believe that Scripture, tradition, and experience confirm it. ” ~ Bradley Jersak

Old 08-26-2022, 06:03 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Jesus was clear what he said.
Yup and I agree with him, not your understanding of what he said.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
It's been my experience that many universalists have the habit of selectively quoting both Scripture and the Church Fathers, while ignoring the greater context. Then, when their error is pointed out to them they simply double down on it. Universalism is their first principle; the given by which everything else must be measured.
what I find is whenever someone who is debating with a universalist and they get backed into a corner or have no arguments against what we say always start crying you universalist all take scripture out-of context.

What error have you yet to point out mike all you keep doing is doubling down on your first principle, my-church disagrees with universalism so universalism is wrong.

You have yet to show how you or your church agrees with the scriptures that proclaim Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world.

You say you agree with those scriptures then proceed to disagree with them. As I said before neither scripture, logic or reason is on your side.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Universalism's allure is that it demands nothing of us.

Salvation that costs nothing.

The end of the world is just a big birthday party where everybody gets a prize for no reason.
Huh? What in the world are you talking about, it demands the laying down of our self life in order to live.
If you don’t think love demands anything from us you really do not understand love.

So Christ dying on the cross is nothing to you

No one gets in for no reason mike, Christ paid it all for all and everyone gets in because of HIS faithfulness.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
A twitch upon the thread

I caught him with an unseen hook and an invisible line which is long enough to let him wander to the ends of the world and still to bring him back with a twitch upon the thread. - G. K. Chesterton
Nice

Old 08-26-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
The question: Is everyone forced to bite?
It is the fishermen’s job to catch the fish, not the fishes job to be caught. No fish ever wants to be caught, but caught they are anyway

Old 08-26-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Imagine preaching that God hates most people and enjoys punishing the wicked, actually enjoys it. Not only enjoys it, is the author and finisher of endless torment. Now imagine preaching this demented doctrine and then standing before the Throne and explaining yourself.

Mystic, this is not a logic issue, the "elect" don't really care too much about the damned as long as their hides are saved. Too bad for the wicked.
If the elect actually thought that then they would be missing the mark of the calling of the election. It is not about the saving of self but rather the saving of other. Bf misses the mark with is very very limited understanding of the elect or firstfruits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity