Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 07:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
what this another rinse repeat and rinse again.

I have already covered all this more then once.

also I see you place mans lexicon over what the scriptures actually say.

The scriptures tell us that aion and its adjective have a beginning and an end, why is it you do not believe the testimony of scripture?
The URists in their playground, LOL.

It's all they know, no other way to deceive.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:05 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Hey Charlie,

There is a biblical basis for believing that hell has an end; but there are too many scriptures that teach us about everlasting punishment to hold them in regard as being a basis for believing that doctrine.

It would seem that in Revelation 21:8, there are people who are cast into the lake of fire, who, in Revelation 22:14-15 are only said to be without the city, at a later time.

Did you have an answer for this?

Sorry if I'm playing devil's advocate; but I for one am going to be completely honest with the scriptures and I desire to address everything in scripture that applies to the subject.
well I hope that is true, so please explain why you do not believe aion and its adjective have a beginning and end as scripture tells us they do?

so far you have said man lexicon trump the scripture which is not very smart if scripture is the end all and be all that you believe it to be.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
When you can show me in scripture where eternal life ends just as you claim eternal punishment ends, that is the day I will join the cause with the UR.

Until then..........................
I already have charlie, I already have.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
The URists in their playground, LOL.

It's all they know, no other way to deceive.
asking a question is now deceitful. hmmm you sure you have a B/A?

Old 06-28-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Hey Charlie,

There is a biblical basis for believing that hell has an end; but there are too many scriptures that teach us about everlasting punishment to hold them in regard as being a basis for believing that doctrine.

It would seem that in Revelation 21:8, there are people who are cast into the lake of fire, who, in Revelation 22:14-15 are only said to be without the city, at a later time.

Did you have an answer for this?

Sorry if I'm playing devil's advocate; but I for one am going to be completely honest with the scriptures and I desire to address everything in scripture that applies to the subject.
Didn't see this post until pneuma responded to it.

You're not playing the Devil's advocate. You are doing what Christ expects you to do, searching the scriptures to prove them. A workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

"Without" is referring to eternal hell. The idea is, the person is not merely "outside" the New Jerusalem, they are confined to eternal Hell, and confined there forever.

Remember what Paul said in 1 Cor. 6:9-11,

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

Now compare that to Rev. 22:14-15,

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

"For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

See what I mean, they will not be in New Jerusalem.

Last edited by Charlie24; 06-28-2021 at 07:37 PM..

Old 06-28-2021, 07:43 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Steadfast = hedraios

Firm / immovable / steadfast.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Steadfast = hedraios

Firm / immovable / steadfast.
This is very true, Rose. But you have forgotten something. That thing called judgement!

Rev. 20:11-15

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

This is the last time that the scripture speaks of those who would not accept Christ. They are in the lake of fire and will be there for eternity.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
... in that case I will answer by saying that you will not be overcoming with me because the Lord has given me a spirit and wisdom that none of my adversaries shall be able to gainsay nor resist.

At least, it is my prayer that He would give me such a spirit and wisdom as that.

And I believe that the promise in question is to those who believe in Jesus Christ and also accept the Holy Bible as the word of God.
Believe, whatever you desire, but know that you are kicking against the pin-pricks of the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
This is very true, Rose. But you have forgotten something. That thing called judgement!

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

This is the last time that the scripture speaks of those who would not accept Christ. They are in the lake of fire and will be there for eternity.
I will venture to say that your name is not written in that book, nor is your mentors.
Irrationally, repeating something, over and over does not make that "crap" the truth.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:

Rose, in case you are not familiar with the Old Testament of scripture, the hell that is cast into the lake of fire is Sheol, the place where the spiritual dead who died without Christ are now being held. In the Old Testament it is called Sheol/Hell, in the New Testament Greek it is called Hades/Hell, it's the same place.

There will be no more need for that place after the final judgement, it is thrown into the final resting place for those without Christ, the lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity