Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 01:43 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
what this another rinse repeat and rinse again.

I have already covered all this more then once.
Not adequately enough to refute my point of view.

Quote:
also I see you place mans lexicon over what the scriptures actually say.

The scriptures tell us that aion and its adjective have a beginning and an end, why is it you do not believe the testimony of scripture?
By all means quote the scripture that says that aion has a beginning and an end.

I believe that aion means that you range out in one direction as far as you can go, mark that point, and there is even more on that line to the infinite degree.

So, when the scripture says, "from everlasting to everlasting You are God" it is saying that God is God as far as you can go and beyond (to the infinite degree) in both directions as concerning time.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 06-29-2021 at 01:58 AM..

Old 06-29-2021, 01:48 AM

Quote:
well I hope that is true, so please explain why you do not believe aion and its adjective have a beginning and end as scripture tells us they do?

so far you have said man lexicon trump the scripture which is not very smart if scripture is the end all and be all that you believe it to be.
All scripture is everything written which includes the Lexicon.

While the holy scriptures are able to make you wise unto salvation.

But all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

I know I just opened up a can of worms.

But there are things written concerning , for example, the New World Translation, that tell us that it is not a valid translation from which we ought to develop doctrine.

So, we ought to take that scripture into account when considering that translation.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 06-29-2021 at 01:59 AM..

Old 06-29-2021, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Didn't see this post until pneuma responded to it.

You're not playing the Devil's advocate. You are doing what Christ expects you to do, searching the scriptures to prove them. A workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

"Without" is referring to eternal hell. The idea is, the person is not merely "outside" the New Jerusalem, they are confined to eternal Hell, and confined there forever.

Remember what Paul said in 1 Cor. 6:9-11,

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

Now compare that to Rev. 22:14-15,

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

"For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

See what I mean, they will not be in New Jerusalem.
However, consider that there will be those outside New Jerusalem who are considered righteous, in Revelation 21:24-25. Are these consigned to the lake of fire?

But I see that it is a valid statement, to say that the lake of fire exists outside of the New Jerusalem; and that therefore those who are without the New Jerusalem are not necessarily not in the lake of fire.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:56 AM

Quote:
LMAO charlie the only ones without the gate are the dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

They are the ones that have the right to the tree of life and can enter within the gates and drink of the water of life.
Seriously?

Old 06-29-2021, 02:10 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
All scripture is everything written which includes the Lexicon.

While the holy scriptures are able to make you wise unto salvation.

But all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

I know I just opened up a can of worms.

But there are things written concerning , for example, the New World Translation, that tell us that it is not a valid translation from which we ought to develop doctrine.

So, we ought to take that scripture into account when considering that translation.
The lexicons are not a part of scripture no matter how bad you might need them to be. And i have already given the scripture twice in this thread stating that aion and its adjective have a begining and an end.

Are you going to deal with them or be like charlie and ignore them?

Old 06-29-2021, 02:11 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Seriously?
Yup

Old 06-29-2021, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Yup
So the unrighteous will inherit the kingdom of God, is your position?

Old 06-29-2021, 02:32 AM

Quote:
The lexicons are not a part of scripture no matter how bad you might need them to be. And i have already given the scripture twice in this thread stating that aion and its adjective have a begining and an end.

Are you going to deal with them or be like charlie and ignore them?
I need you to quote them again, I missed that part. That is, if you want me to address them.

Old 06-29-2021, 02:36 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
No Scriptures Continued

There will be no sin in the eternal world of ABBA.

“For he that is dead is freed from sin.” Rom. 6:7.

Sin is the work of the flesh, when the body dies, all sin must cease.

"I make all new." (the radical all of pas).

All the holy prophets have spoken of the restitution of all things.

“And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you, whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.” -Acts 3:20, 21.

“As the grace of the Gospel was intended to destroy the reign of sin, its energetic influence is represented as restoring all things, destroying the bad state and restoring the good; taking the kingdom out of the hands of sin and satan, and putting it into those of righteousness and truth. This is done in every believing soul: all things are restored to their primitive order, and the peace of God which passes all understanding, keeps the heart and mind in the knowledge and love of God. The man loves God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength, and his neighbor as himself; and when such a work becomes universal, as the Scriptures intimate will, then all things will be restored in the fullest sense of the term." Dr. Adam Clarke

Old 06-29-2021, 03:20 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
No Scriptures Continued

There will be no sin in the eternal world of ABBA.

“For he that is dead is freed from sin.” Rom. 6:7.

Sin is the work of the flesh, when the body dies, all sin must cease.

"I make all new." (the radical all of pas).

All the holy prophets have spoken of the restitution of all things.

“And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you, whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.” -Acts 3:20, 21.

“As the grace of the Gospel was intended to destroy the reign of sin, its energetic influence is represented as restoring all things, destroying the bad state and restoring the good; taking the kingdom out of the hands of sin and satan, and putting it into those of righteousness and truth. This is done in every believing soul: all things are restored to their primitive order, and the peace of God which passes all understanding, keeps the heart and mind in the knowledge and love of God. The man loves God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength, and his neighbor as himself; and when such a work becomes universal, as the Scriptures intimate will, then all things will be restored in the fullest sense of the term." Dr. Adam Clarke
Let's take that scripture a little further, Rose.

Acts 3:19-23

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people."

Peter gives first the condition "Repent" that is what must be done to be saved to avoid Hell.

Then He tells us that Jesus has come and has done His work and ascended into heaven now awaiting the end of the Age of Grace (the times of the restitution of all things) in which the Gentiles will be saved. The Jews are presently in unbelief and the concentration in this Age of Grace is on the Gentiles being saved.

The restitution of all things is the salvation of all who will come to Christ in this Age of Grace.

Then in vs 23, he tells us the judgement is coming when all who have rejected Christ (that Prophet) will be destroyed (confined to hell).

This is hardly scripture that the UR can use to further their cause!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity