Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2021, 12:32 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am grateful that you are not a teacher, neither will you ever be.
I do teach the Bible when I give words of wisdom;

I just do not have the normal style of teaching that a regular Bible teacher has; in that I don't generally go into detail about archaeology, manners and customs of Bible times, and other things that Bible teachers throw in for context.

I just give the meat of what the word says, as it says it;

And let the chips fall where they may.

Having an unbeliever reproach me is par for the course for any good Bible teacher.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
I am grateful that you are not a teacher, neither will you ever be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I do teach the Bible when I give words of wisdom ...

I just do not have the normal style of teaching that a regular Bible teacher has; in that I don't generally go into detail about archaeology, manners and customs of Bible times, and other things that Bible teachers throw in for context.

I just give the meat of what the word says, as it says it;

And let the chips fall where they may.

Having an unbeliever reproach me is par for the course for any good Bible teacher.
Again, you are not a teacher, neither will you ever be one. And I surely do not see any words of wisdom.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:47 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Again, you are not a teacher, neither will you ever be one. And I surely do not see any words of wisdom.

"I can’t impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over our shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead... You’re going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They’ll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages." -MSG

mythos =

Mirages = fables (myths) =

Fiction/ fable / invention / falsehood.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 07-21-2021 at 01:59 AM..

Old 07-21-2021, 02:49 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

"I can’t impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over our shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead... You’re going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They’ll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages." -MSG

mythos =

Mirages = fables (myths) =

Fiction/ fable / invention / falsehood.
Everyone believes they have the truth. Most have scripture as backup to what they claim.

Unfortunately, the UR has none of that but yet call those who do, false.

It's a messed up world ain't it, Rosey?

Old 07-21-2021, 07:58 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
The blood of Jesus applies to me; and therefore every accusation of the enemy falls to the ground (does not apply to me).

We reap what we sow in this life, as believers. We may also indeed be scourged at the judgment seat of Christ (Hebrews 12:6).

But when it comes to entrance into heaven and escaping hell, yes, the fact that Jesus died for me, and the fact that I have received that, means that I will go to heaven instead of hell (see John 5:24, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
that is just more double talk, you are stating that what Jesus did for us is only used for the next life and not this one.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:59 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Everyone believes they have the truth. Most have scripture as backup to what they claim.

Unfortunately, the UR has none of that but yet call those who do, false.

It's a messed up world ain't it, Rosey?
yet again this whole thread tells everyone just how wrong you are charlie. But keep up the lies you are doing more for the salvation of all then you think because if you lie about one thing why believe you in anything else you post.

Old 07-21-2021, 08:16 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
yet again this whole thread tells everyone just how wrong you are charlie. But keep up the lies you are doing more for the salvation of all then you think because if you lie about one thing why believe you in anything else you post.
Oh, I have no doubt there's no truth in anything I say, pneuma!

Why even argue that?

Old 07-21-2021, 08:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Oh, I have no doubt there's no truth in anything I say, pneuma!

Why even argue that?
No argument coming from me. We finally agree on something. Back to duct tape for now

Old 07-21-2021, 11:46 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
I command those words to fall to the ground.

Whether you are willing to accept it or not, there are things that I have to say that you might even be able to learn from me; and that makes me even your teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
that is just more double talk, you are stating that what Jesus did for us is only used for the next life and not this one.
That is correct. And it is most assuredly sound doctrine as well.

For the Lord chastens those whom He loves (Hebrews 12:5-11); while there is no sorrow, crying, pain, or death, in heaven (Revelation 21:4; see also Psalms 16:11)..

Old 07-21-2021, 08:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Quote:
I command those words to fall to the ground.

Whether you are willing to accept it or not, there are things that I have to say that you might even be able to learn from me; and that makes me even your teacher.
Delusions of grandeur is when you believe that you have more power, wealth, intelligence, or some other superior trait or quality - than is true. It's more than just arrogance or vanity which is affected by a person's content of thought, and can lead to chronic conditions, including hallucinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity