Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2021, 09:41 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Delusions of grandeur is when you believe that you have more power, wealth, intelligence, or some other superior trait or quality - than is true. It's more than just arrogance or vanity which is affected by a person's content of thought, and can lead to chronic conditions, including hallucinations.
I assure you that I have an accurate estimation of who I am as a person;

While, you may be speaking more of yourself than you are me (as Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42 might tell you).

Old 07-21-2021, 09:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I command those words to fall to the ground.

Whether you are willing to accept it or not, there are things that I have to say that you might even be able to learn from me; and that makes me even your teacher.
Quote:
Delusions of grandeur is when you believe that you have more power, wealth, intelligence, or some other superior trait or quality - than is true. It's more than just arrogance or vanity which is affected by a person's content of thought, and can lead to chronic conditions, including hallucinations.
Quote:
I assure you that I have an accurate estimation of who I am as a person;

While, you may be speaking more of yourself than you are me ...

I am not the one saying, " I command those words to fall to the ground?" (Delusional)

Old 07-21-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I am not the one saying, " I command those words to fall to the ground?" (Delusional)
That is a Pentecostal thing; and has nothing to do with being delusional.

As believers in Christ, we have authority to cast down curses that are laid against us.

This is a teaching in the church and is not something that I came up with myself.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
(Delusional)
I also command that word to fall to the ground.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Quote:
I also command that word to fall to the ground.
Laughing out loud (L.O.L).

Old 07-22-2021, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Laughing out loud (L.O.L).
<smile>

Old 07-22-2021, 09:33 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
That is a Pentecostal thing; and has nothing to do with being delusional.
As believers in Christ, we have the authority to cast down curses that are laid against us.
This is a teaching in the church and is not something that I came up with myself.
It is also true if you remove all the magical thinking about it. It means we have the authority to ignore them and not let them impact our state of mind (which is supposed to be agape love if we are in Christ ).

Old 07-22-2021, 07:19 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
"God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing." MSG

The world = the kosmos =

The universe.

The ungodly multitude.

The whole mass of alienated mankind.

Reconciling = katallasso =

Changing/ exchanging those at variance.

Return to favour with God.

Our God specializes in katallasso

His long range Plan has been conceived within Himself with consultation with none of His created ones.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:33 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing." MSG

The world = the kosmos =

The universe.

The ungodly multitude.

The whole mass of alienated mankind.

Reconciling = katallasso =

Changing/ exchanging those at variance.

Return to favour with God.

Our God specializes in katallasso

His long range Plan has been conceived within Himself with consultation with none of His created ones.
Looks like a mathematical equation. Show us how you came to this conclusion.

I can't follow this style of equation solving.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:36 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the sweet aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere."

This is the purpose of our journey in union with our Lord.

thriambeuō =

To celebrate a triumph.

The root of thriambeuō is a hymn sung in festal processions.

When the Saviour of all mankind declared it is finished, the thriambeuō began back into our Father. The magnificent hymn continues to sweep every broken wreck of sin home to Himself!

"Entering into this fullness is not something you figure out or achieve.

It's not a matter of being circumcised or keeping a long list of laws. No, you're already insiders not through some secretive initiation rite but rather through what Christ has already gone through for you, destroying the power of sin.... God raising you from the dead as he did Christ. When you were stuck in your old sin-dead life, you were incapable of responding to God. God brought you alive right along with Christ! Think of it! All sins forgiven, the slate wiped clean, that old arrest warrant canceled and nailed to Christ's cross. He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets." -msg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity